The 2009 US Open - Grand Slam Tennis

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Let him say what he wants in his own language you D.ick!

What a bastard!
Exactly what I was thinking. The guy just won and CBS is worried about getting it done as fast as possible
indifferent.gif
. Give the guy his shine.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DEL POTRO!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Man, I lost faith in you in the first set, but props on finding your game and knocking off Fed. Underdog FTW

thekryptonite wrote:

Best match of tennis i have ever seen.
This match doesn't come anywhere near close to the last 3 Wimbledon finals.

I think Mirka's got some competition on her hands. Looks like Dementieva and Roger been messing around... The serve was even worse in this match than theAustralian final.

Del Potro's FH was on #+$%!@$ fire today. Though am I the only one that doesn't see Del Potro having a long career at a high level? Everytime I see himmove around, while he's an excellent mover for his size it looks like he puts so much strain on his legs. Compared to another big man like Marat Safin atthe same age Safin was much more fluid in his movement.

%$*! Enberg = a %$*!
laugh.gif
... Let the man speak in his native language.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

Roddick/Federer Wimbledon 2009?

Congrats Del Potro!
glasses.gif
That last set was pretty boring due to the fact there was no tie break.. so i'll still go with this one, i'm a Del Potro fan though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YoungBuck32

thekryptonite wrote:

This match doesn't come anywhere near close to the last 3 Wimbledon finals.

I think Mirka's got some competition on her hands. Looks like Dementieva and Roger been messing around... The serve was even worse in this match than the Australian final.

Del Potro's FH was on #+$%!@$ fire today. Though am I the only one that doesn't see Del Potro having a long career at a high level? Everytime I see him move around, while he's an excellent mover for his size it looks like he puts so much strain on his legs. Compared to another big man like Marat Safin at the same age Safin was much more fluid in his movement.

%$*! Enberg = a %$*!
laugh.gif
... Let the man speak in his native language.

I was thinking the same thing about Del Potro and I found out that he's only 20
eek.gif
. The guy has a lot of room for improvement and may have the best forehand in thegame (Roger's still up there) because those shots he was hitting today was
sick.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

Roddick/Federer Wimbledon 2009?

Congrats Del Potro!
glasses.gif
Was about to say this. No doubt, one of the best matches I've seen. Others have better though.

#@+$ Del %@$##+! This 20 year old,lanky,ugly @$! dude didnt deserve to win this #!!$!!

Damnit Fed!! Where was your first serve?!?! Ugh man! When Fed looses I swear to God everything I believe in means nothing to me no more for like an hour.

Lucky @$! win.

Originally Posted by Royal Airness 29

#@+$ Del %@$##+! This 20 year old,lanky,ugly @$! dude didnt deserve to win this #!!$!!

Damnit Fed!! Where was your first serve?!?! Ugh man! When Fed looses I swear to God everything I believe in means nothing to me no more for like an hour.

Lucky @$! win.
Sure he deserved to win. He beat both Nadal AND Federer and played his heart out.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by Royal Airness 29

Lucky @$! win.
Sure he deserved to win. He beat both Nadal AND Federer and played his heart out.

No doubt... he thoroughly beat both... not because of luck, not because of bad calls... he just outplayed them. He was simply the better player.

Anyway... congrats to JMDP
1d7d9884b6b10f0c1b02bb9a6669bb0a-getty-ten-us_open-federer-del_potro.jpg

c4dd885472d5ecd5ce8b06eb6cb0668c-getty-90721082md356_us_open_day_1.jpg
054e8e93daeac55cedc9ec865e801476-getty-90721082md373_us_open_day_1.jpg

I couldnt believe Fed couldnt get his serve togeather. I dont think I have ever seen him have that many double faults
in a match.
Was a fan of JMDP before this I dont think I can be a fan any longer
roll.gif
.I normally root for most of the spanish guys. Except Roger that is. Del Potro deserved it because he definitely outworked both Roger and Nadal.
I just wish Feds game was togeather. If he played like he did against Soderling I dont think Juan would have won.

I honestly didnt think that he could beat Fed in a 5 setter. I thought his stamina would been an issue. And Feds experience would have kicked ineventually
eyes.gif
. Also playing at a high emotional level is hard to maintainwith the up and down game. I really didnt think he could hold it togeather.

I feel like the guy above me, when Fed loses I get a worse feeling than when my team loses in any other sport. I dont know why.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom