***THE 2011 NFL QUARTERBACK THREAD*** (QBRs through week 9 pg. 16)

James Walker obviously has not watched the games this year. Just that one game Brady had against Buffalo ends the discussion.

Question for you guys.....as it stands now, who do you think are the Pro Bowl QBs from the NFC?

Rodgers and Brees are obvious.

3rd could beeeeeeee... I dunno, Cutler would be possibly but since hes out it will probably be Eli or Romo.  Alex Smith alternate.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

3rd could beeeeeeee... I dunno, Cutler would be possibly but since hes out it will probably be Eli or Romo.  Alex Smith alternate.

if alex smith and mark sanchez both were to make it to the pro bowl as alternates or whatever  hell will offically start freezing over
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

if alex smith and mark sanchez both were to make it to the pro bowl as alternates or whatever  hell will offically start freezing over
laugh.gif
I mean you got a decent chance that 2 of the QB's ahead of Smith could be playing in the NFCCG, one of them going to the SB and the other opting out of playing in the Pro Bowl due to playing the week before... Thus, 2 of the 4 named + Smith.

Brees, Rodgers, Eli.  That's it. 

If one of those is in the SB, then Cam should get a look, along with Romo or Ryan. 

I don't see Alex Smith making it, regardless of record. 

You guys are TRIPPIN if you think Alex Smith will be a Pro Bowler. Hard.

There are seven NFC quarterbacks that are more worthy IMO:

Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Eli Manning
Tony Romo
Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Matt Stafford

Even if you take out one QB because he will be playing in the SuperBowl, and one QB due to injury, Alex still isnt even close!

Damn no love for Stafford fellas? His stats are good as anybody's not named Rodgers or Brees in the NFC, might help lead the lions to their first playoff appearance since '99, and is only 23, being the second youngest player ever to throw over 4000 yards and 33 tds.

@#$% I totally forgot about Stafford too. 
frown.gif

Well, I got 6 out of the 7 at least. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VA757VA

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Stafford is easily the third best QB in the NFC this year

Thatll be romo...stafford can have next

Jim Schwartz has never taken the ball out of Stafford's hands because he was afraid he would blow the game.

Stafford is easily the third best QB in the NFC this year

Jim Schwartz has never taken the ball out of Stafford's hands because he was afraid he would blow the game.

Lol..what's that got to do with romo having a better year? Enlighten me

Lol..what's that got to do with romo having a better year? Enlighten me

Matt Stafford never had anything close to a decent running game but still performed, led his team to a better record, outperformed Romo head to head and had better stats.

I need to how Romo had a better season.

Stafford is the better of the two for the season. Doesn't matter though. If Dallas gets into the playoffs, Romo will have every opportunity to outshine his competition.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

I need to start appreciating what Bress has done in his career. Those numbers are crazy.
he really is awesome, man.

Those numbers are this era adjusted. Brees is awesome today, but there's a reason like 8 dudes are gonna clip 4K, with 3 of those sniffing 5 grand. But today, Drew, Tom and Aaron are clearly in their own class, no question.

Pro bowl QB's for NFC are Rodgers, Breese and Stafford. I think Eli and Romo are a step below those three for this year. And I can't believe dude brought up Alex Smith
laugh.gif

Who do you guys think the Pro Bowl QB's will be for the AFC?

1. Brady
2. Big Ben
3. Rivers? I know he leads the league in INTs but who else?
laugh.gif
Maybe Dalton if they get into the playoffs?

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Who do you guys think the Pro Bowl QB's will be for the AFC?

1. Brady
2. Big Ben
3. Rivers? I know he leads the league in INTs but who else?
laugh.gif
Maybe Dalton if they get into the playoffs?
brady will decline the invite, most likely
laugh.gif

not cause he's a ****...but because he's banged up

Back
Top Bottom