The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Welp guess I gotta revisit some games then
laugh.gif

^ Martin's bigger and has more of the look of a traditional 3 down RB. He also doesn't really have much flaws to point out besides not playing against great competition and playing for an already high scoring offense. Only thing that worries me with him is he really wasn't playing much of any NFL talent ever during his career, even though he's been straight dominating the guys he has been playing the past two years.

Mike Mayock has Alshon going mid 2nd-early 3rd... What the hell happen?

I dont believe he will last that long though... Early 2nd at the latest

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

all these mock drafts ive seen all over the place

ive seen Alshon in the 1st, ive seen 4-5 WRs in the first, and then 1-2 in the first
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Bears
If I was a known top 5 pick I would want teams thinking I was dumb.

But legitimately as a DB if you think he can understand the concepts then it doesn't matter what he scores on the test.

Isn't it true that as far as reported scores guys who score lower are better DB's.

So many elite teams and elite DB's play man its useless test for them.

Let me tell you though. People with learning disabilities are often more focused because they have to be. I'm not suggesting target these guys higher than normal, but its something as an traditional "intelligent person" you need to consider.

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

all these mock drafts ive seen all over the place

ive seen Alshon in the 1st, ive seen 4-5 WRs in the first, and then 1-2 in the first
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I think the Vikings will pick Alshon up in the 2nd round. Geez, i hope the vikings can trade down with the dolphins to get more picks.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Bears

But legitimately as a DB if you think he can understand the concepts then it doesn't matter what he scores on the test.

Isn't it true that as far as reported scores guys who score lower are better DB's.

Let me tell you though. People with learning disabilities are often more focused because they have to be. I'm not suggesting target these guys higher than normal, but its something as an traditional "intelligent person" you need to consider.
alien.gif

You scored a 400 on your SAT, didn't you?

Originally Posted by JPZx

Vikes.

yo.. i cant remember, were we able to trade players in the mocks?

also what did we change the allotted time to for weekends? i vaguely remember it not being the usual 4 hours
(i figure we can do the weekend from 4PM on friday.. and give 6/7 hours between the 1PM-11PM time period)

and who wants to run it?

these are the rules i pulled from the last mock i could find:

JPZx wrote:
ntnfl.jpg

Rules
-Rounds: 4
-Commissioners/GMs get 4 hours to make their pick when they're on the clock from 1PMet-11PMet (MONDAY to THURSDAY). Before/after those hours there is unlimited time.
-WEEKEND(S):
-There will be two strikes for people that miss their picks. The first strike (first miss) is just a warning. If two strikes are achieved, the person will forfeit their GM duties and we will find a replacement.
-For anybody that misses their pick, I will use WaterFootball.com's latest mock draft and make a pick according to who's left on the board and the team's draft needs

this is what we have so far for the mock, team/gm wise

TEAMS - GMs (listed by 1st round):

1     Indianapolis Colts -
2     Washington ******** -
3     Minnesota Vikings - JPZx
4     Cleveland Browns - Animal Thug1539
5     Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Buc Em
6     St. Louis Rams -
7     Jacksonville Jaguars -
8     Miami Dolphins -
9     Carolina Panthers - peter80warrick
10     Buffalo Bills - dreClark
11     Kansas City Chiefs -
12     Seattle Seahawks -
13     Arizona Cardinals -
14     Dallas Cowboys - Bigmike23
15     Philadelphia Eagles - itsaboutthattime
16     New York Jets - airmaxpenny1
17     bengals
18     San Diego Chargers -
19     Chicago Bears - gangsta207therevolution
20     Tennessee Titans -
21     Cincinnati Bengals - DaComeUP
22     browns
23     Detroit Lions - SneakerPro
24     Pittsburgh Steelers -
25     Denver Broncos -
26     Houston Texans - MMG
27     pats
28     Green Bay Packers -
29     Baltimore Ravens -
30     San Francisco 49ers - thetruth03
31     New England Patriots - DeadsetAce
32     New York Giants - Ecook0808

teams without 1st round picks:
Raiders
Falcons
Saints - The Wizard

I thought this was set up already? I remember Chester calling the Bengals, but if not I'll take them.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

I thought this was set up already? I remember Chester calling the Bengals, but if not I'll take them.

nope.. never got organized.. so first come first served at this point

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Bears

alien.gif

You scored a 400 on your SAT, didn't you?

I wouldn't know I never took the SAT 
eyes.gif
. Im from the midwest the land of the ACT. I would also bet I could score higher than you hung over and yes I'm being dead serious. No team but the one your drafted to needs to know how intelligent you are. If a team thinks I'm dumb it makes them more liable to make mistakes based on what they think I will do as a dummy. 
Just cause you and I need to be known as being intelligent doesn't mean that its the best thing for a FOOTBALL player to be known as. It makes for great media stories that Andrew Luck is from Stanford and could make a damn good living with is degree. Its damn nice for the Colts to know he could handle the same level of sophistication as they experienced with Manning. Its not the best thing for the beginning of his career that he is one of the smartest QB's in the league.

Its a nice media story that RG3 qualified for a very good law school in Baylor, now Imagine that if for 16- 32 games teams underestimated your intellect? Its no different than playing chess against that arrogant prick that thinks his $*!% don't stink and thinks your beneath him. 9 times out of 10 you wipe the floor with him. Every NFL coach more or less thinks of their concepts on defense and offense in the same manner as that arrogant prick thinks of his chess why not take advantage of it until they smarten up? 

But go ahead and keep playing checkers.

Back
Top Bottom