The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by dreClark

Pretty sure there was a story going around that he got fired by his agent
laugh.gif

Idk how true it was

laugh.gif

isn't that supposed to be the other way around? 

yup, the Jenkins camp has now spun it so that Janoris fired the agent but ...

I hear that the original story is how it happened

Tanny should go #3 overall? Stop it. Irsay is feeding this beast like a troll. I wouldn't even spend a first-rounder on Tanny.NFL Live: Gilmore is the second rated corner now? Nope. Janoris is better. For value, give me Dennard and Chase before Gilmore also.

I hope the Browns take Tannehill over Richardson. That would be a classic Browns move
laugh.gif
. They could hold off on addressing QB this year and go with McCoy, then potentially have Barkley and Richardson next year.

I know the actual organization doesn't believe in or support him, but my opinion is that the Browns don't need a QB in this draft class and can win competitive games with Colt McCoy at the helm.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

The closer the draft nears, the more I like Trent as an elite RB prospect. We know productive years at that particular position comes soonest/earlier, so I'd like to see Richardson with an immediate contender like Cincy. Mutually beneficial.Everyone knows I liked Janoris at UF, used to debate with Gunna about him and Haden. However, give me Dennard or Chase in the second-round over any other corner not named Mo Claiborne.

Brandon Boykin > those guys cept MC

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

The closer the draft nears, the more I like Trent as an elite RB prospect. We know productive years at that particular position comes soonest/earlier, so I'd like to see Richardson with an immediate contender like Cincy. Mutually beneficial.Everyone knows I liked Janoris at UF, used to debate with Gunna about him and Haden. However, give me Dennard or Chase in the second-round over any other corner not named Mo Claiborne.

Brandon Boykin > those guys cept MC

Josh Norman and Josh Robinson >>>

If Trent isn't pick by the Browns/Bucs, how far does he fall? No way he gets past the Jets at 16 but it seems like a lot of teams are good at RB after that. I'm sure someone would make a move up to grab him though.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

If Trent isn't pick by the Browns/Bucs, how far does he fall? No way he gets past the Jets at 16 but it seems like a lot of teams are good at RB after that. I'm sure someone would make a move up to grab him though.

He won't make it past the Rams per reports I've seen. They're calling him the best RB prospect since AP.

At first I would think the Rams are fools for takin Trent with S-Jax, but then thinkin on them havin 2 top 2nd rounders, and 2 1's the next 2 years, hell, take the kid, grab some Oline and WR in round 2, and get it started for the next two years of adding depth to each side of the ball.  Keep Trent and Jacks fresh a bit while you build up that roster.  So I would be ok with St Lou doin that, I wouldn't be ok with it without those extra picks.  Would be a horrible waste imo. 

I still think it's a bad idea for STL to take Trent unless they plan to move S-Jax somehow. Whichever team takes Richardson should plan to use him at full capacity from the start. Platooning stunted fellow Tide RB Mark Ingram's first year growth and production.

Isn't Steven Jackson among the top RBs in carries each year? They run that dude into the ground. A Steven Jackson and TR backfield is instantly one of the best in the league, and then they can still add a Receiver or OL with later picks.

Welp..
Report: Browns' No. 4 pick drawing interest
April, 13, 2012
APR 13
8:17
PM ET
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

At least four teams have called the Cleveland Browns about the fourth overall pick in the upcoming draft, sources told the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

One of the teams believed to be in the mix is the St. Louis Rams. That would mean dropping to No. 6. Just say no. Why? The Browns can say goodbye to an elite offensive playmaker in running back Trent Richardson if they trade down. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers would immediately grab Richardson at No. 5.

2012 NFL Draft
Round 1: Thur., April 26
Rounds 2-3: Fri., April 27
Rounds 4-7: Sat., April 28
Radio City Music Hall
New York City
Draft order | Draft home

• Mel Kiper Mock 4.0
• Todd McShay Mock 5.0
• Mel Kiper's Big Board
• Todd McShay's Top 32
• Draft Machine Another potential trade partner is the Philadelphia Eagles. This would require the Browns to fall to No. 15. Cleveland really has to say no to this one. Why? It's a pipe dream to think wide receiver Michael Floyd is going to be available at this spot. He's going to get drafted by Buffalo (No. 10) or Arizona (No. 13).

The top offensive prospects who should be on the board in the middle of the first round are guard David DeCastro and wide receiver Kendall Wright. Two additional second-round picks are not worth this dropoff. Plus, general manager Tom Heckert indicated 17 days ago that the Browns would consider falling back as far as No. 8. The Eagles' spot is out of that range.

As I mentioned earlier this week, the Browns shouldn't trade back. They need playmakers, not picks. Their draft should be based on quality, not quantity.

Still, there's a good chance that the Browns will trade back. Heckert's track record shows he likes to acquire extra picks. And, as ESPN Insider Bill Polian pointed out, Mike Holmgren's teams often find their running backs later in the draft or through free agency.

But Richardson is one of those special types of backs. He has the toughness to excel in a division like the AFC North and he has the potential to immediately affect an offense like Adrian Peterson did.

If Holmgren doesn't believe me, he should consult with his good friend and ESPN analyst Jon Gruden before thinking of trading back.

“The easiest thing to do is turn around and hand the ball to somebody 300 times a year,

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Ehhh lets see what comes of it

honestly, if im the browns.

i grab Trent at #4 and the best WR at #22

give colt a chance, if it doesnt work, odds are theyll be in the top 5/10 next year to grab a QB.

and lets take a look at Teams that will be in the QB market next year for top 10 pics (barring major injury)

Dolphins (depends if they take Tannehill)
Jets ( I doubt after trading for Tebow and giving Sanchez is contract)
Browns ( if they dont take Tannehill )
Chiefs (if Cassell collapses and the team takes a step back)
Raiders ( Palmer isnt the answer)
Eagles (if the team struggles with Vick)
Cardinals ( if Kolb doesn't ball out)
SF ( i honestly dont see the team digressing and falling into a top 5/10 pick)
Seattle (if Flynn doesnt work out, and if thats the case i dont see pete lasting)

Browns shouldnt trade back and shouldnt take Tannehill

IMO of course

Also question

every mock draft i see, its Houston taking a WR, while im not mad at that, i feel like we could use OL help more than WR, but whatever

Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

how good are these guys? i know Hill comes from the more run heavy GT, is he going this high based off potential ?

Randle is a burner? able to stretch the field for us?

and what about Wright? was he RG3s fav target?

^ Texans should definitely take Wright if he's there. The two others I could see as big time busts.

Anybody hear Vontaze Burfict hasn't had a SINGLE pre-draft meeting or workout with any teams? The dude literally might not even get drafted at this point.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

^ Texans should definitely take Wright if he's there. The two others I could see as big time busts.

Anybody hear Vontaze Burfict hasn't had a SINGLE pre-draft meeting or workout with any teams? The dude literally might not even get drafted at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in strips in the 2012-2013 season. 
Marvin Lewis seems to like him.

I would take Burfict in a heartbeat in the 5th or 6th round if he was still there. We already have Bryan Cox as our LB Coach to mentor him.

So the Eagles (and Rams) are trying for the No. 4 pick; do you guys think there's any possibility that we don't pick Matt Kalil because of the Jason Peters injury? If we're gonna trade up I rather just take Blackmon (big body, sure-handed guy that we need in the red zone) and trust that Mudd could turn Demetress Bell into a good OL.

Back
Top Bottom