The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

So the Eagles (and Rams) are trying for the No. 4 pick; do you guys think there's any possibility that we don't pick Matt Kalil because of the Jason Peters injury? If we're gonna trade up I rather just take Blackmon (big body, sure-handed guy that we need in the red zone) and trust that Mudd could turn Demetress Bell into a good OL.
Bell is a good offensive tackle provided he bounces back from missing most of last year & can stay injury free. The Bills seem to be the Eagles farm system for lineman.

I'm intrigued at who the Rams are targeting of the rumours are true their trying to move up. Also, I think Blackmon is overrated & might even be a bust. He's like a lot of young WRs that can disappear if not involved heavily early in games & his route running is poor. Since he's not real fast or have size, I think he's in for a rude awakening when he faces DBs in the NFL.

I'm also curious to see what the Vikes will do, they could really use Matt Khalil, they also need a dependable #1 WR due to Harvin being so fragile. If he's not physically hurt, he's got migranes.

I'm really hope the Steelers go after nothing but offensive lineman & DBs... Pleas, please, please...

Can't wait until the draft...

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

So the Eagles (and Rams) are trying for the No. 4 pick; do you guys think there's any possibility that we don't pick Matt Kalil because of the Jason Peters injury? If we're gonna trade up I rather just take Blackmon (big body, sure-handed guy that we need in the red zone) and trust that Mudd could turn Demetress Bell into a good OL.

Eagles?

i dont see it being Claiborne or Trenet or a WR

so Kalil or Tannehill for the Iggles?

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

what's the latest word on what my Giants are going to do/get?
BPA as usual.

Heard they've been scouting WR's heavy. Might not go after a TE or LB early bc of the Bennett & Rivers moves

MMG, Wright would be the safest option. He's a well-rounded receiver and deserved first-round prospect. Hill's value was driven up by testing well at the Combine and running a fast 40. Randle has a high ceiling but is still a bit raw. More of a second-rounder for me. I see more Doucet than Bowe in him. I'm still taking a late-round (5th to 7th) chance on Burfict. Nothing more. He's completely undisciplined and it will take a very hard-nosed and patient LB coach to work with him.I'll be very surprised if Andy trades up to #4, despite our abundance of picks. If anything, it's his style to trade down.Venom, Reese has done well going BPA for maximum value. I could see Fleener going to them late-first as a hopeful Gronk-type.

Justin Blackmon is as good as any WR that has come out since Megatron.

Can't really compare Stephen Hill and Kendakl Wright, they dont have the same skillset and will not be used the same way. Reuben Randle > Stephen Hill

And after the debacle that was the Donnie Avery draft day decision, no way does STL pass on Norbit if he is available, IMO

dreClark wrote:
Justin Blackmon is as good as any WR that has come out since Megatron.

Really!!?? I guess we'll see. I certa smell a but I hope he proves me wrong.

A report came out stating the Eagles were not in talks about trading up. It seems the lowly browns were trying to drum up interest in their pick to parlay it into multiple picks. Silly holmgren...

Blackmon to STL is a perfect fit.. Sam Bradford is never going to flourish without a legit #1

Ryan-- Roddy
Cam -- Stevie
Andy-- AJ
Stafford-- The God

No chance Blackmon has a better career than AJ, probably more comparable in success to Julio. Anyone that would take Dezzy over AJ? Know NT loves some Bryant.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

No chance Blackmon has a better career than AJ, probably more comparable in success to Julio. Anyone that would take Dezzy over AJ? Know NT loves some Bryant.

I am not high on Blackmon but I think it depends on where he ends up and how he is used.

Blackmon is very good at what he does but he isnt the deep threat that AJ Green is (even though both of them are similarly underwhelming athletes)

I dont even see how Blackmon is a better PROSPECT than Dez. Bryant can do anything that Blackmon can do but he is better in space and can play special teams (doesnt mean Bryant will ever reach his potential though
30t6p3b.gif
)

AJ> all of em

Justin may not be the physical athlete Dez is but in terms of attitude & work ethic & overal consistentcy Justin blows him out of the water.

Blackmon is a beast in space also.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Justin may not be the physical athlete Dez is but in terms of attitude & work ethic & overal consistentcy Justin blows him out of the water.

Blackmon is a beast in space also.
Ha, ha, ha...That's not saying much. A lot of NFL player have a better attitde, work ethic, & more consistent then Dez.

Never said that Norbit was better than AJ

At the end of the day though, Bert Reed will end up being the best WR in this draft.
Spoiler [+]
Trolling

Originally Posted by Statis22

Originally Posted by HankMoody

AJ Green is an underwhelming athlete?

And Blackmon. My mind is blown.

Underwhelming Athlete = Average Workout Numbers

I know I was not the only one suprirsed when AJ Green ran in the 4.5's and had a 30 inch vert. He plays much more athletic than that. I was not surprised by Blackmon's average numbers at his pro day (add 1 tenth to his 40 time for that track in Stillwater) but they are on par with AJ's for being underwhelming.

Dez ran an average 40 time but his other numbers were pretty explosive (vert, 3-cone, etc) and he was not in shape.

No one is going to put Blackmon back there to return punts. He is not on Dez's level in space period.

Funny how Blackmon was a FOR SURE lock at a top 5 pick; not all of a sudden as dropped in rankings.

What gives? Drop passes in the combine?

The Jaguars are a joke when it comes to evaluating WR talent.

they have No Clue what theyre doing.

In fact, they just signed Lee evans. LOL Yea pass on blackmon, Great Job mayne. Great Job...

Not even gonna comment on the Rams WR evaluations, bc I shouldnt have to...

Back
Top Bottom