The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

im a giants fan but cant lie that rg3 trade to the skins is good look 
pimp.gif

To be fair.. the Giants are bound to choke and collapse at least once in the next five years so that should free up a playoff spot.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by TheGift23

What about the Defense?  WR`s?  RBs?   THEY HAVE NOTHING!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Please...we all know the QB is the most important position. Now that that's addressed...everything else will fall into place.

You DON'T follow this team as closely like I do, so you can't comeback with whatever you want and it's falling on deaf ears.

WE.

ARE.

BACK.

I'll see you at our Super Bowl coronation within the next 5 years. Super Bowl #4 will be back within the next 5 years...and from there....woo can't imagine.

Thank you Shanallen for rolling the dice and landing us a real QB.

I guarantee the ******** wont make the playoffs in the next 5 years.........You`re in a division with the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles.   ******** dont have a chance in hell bruh, sorry.
Yeah uh huh....sorry bro...sorry that the ******** weren't going to suck forever and those days of you division fans or sellout fans from the area who root for other teams aren't gonna be pissing on our team anymore like really soon.

By the time RG3 is in his prime and we are ready to make a run, we're gonna lay it hard on all you bastards who made fun of the Skins for the last 3-4 seasons. Can't wait.

This move had to be made. Manning wasnt coming to DC and RG3 wasnt gonna be there at 6. We havent had a franchise qb since......sonny jurgensen. Seriously. If we didnt make this trade we'd be looking at one of two things. 1) a trio of grossman, beck, tannehill 2) a trio of orton, grossman, beck. Ask yourself if you were comfortable with any of those. We're getting a FRANCHISE qb who some people grade higher than Luck. We gave up a lot, but it's worth it. The skins have a ton of cap space so let's hope they spend wisely for once. I'm not saying squat about SB chances like my dude Gift, but my expectations are much higher going forward. Let's get it!!!

Steep price, but given the ******** QB situation right now that's a trade they had to make.

Even though he's going to a division rival, I'll be rooting (just a little
laugh.gif
) for RGIII.

Please...we all know the QB is the most important position. Now that that's addressed...everything else will fall into place.

You DON'T follow this team as closely like I do, so you can't comeback with whatever you want and it's falling on deaf ears.

WE.

ARE.

BACK.

I'll see you at our Super Bowl coronation within the next 5 years. Super Bowl #4 will be back within the next 5 years...and from there....woo can't imagine.

I guarantee the ******** wont make the playoffs in the next 5 years.........You`re in a division with the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles.   ******** dont have a chance in hell bruh, sorry.
Yeah uh huh....sorry bro...sorry that the ******** weren't going to suck forever and those days of you division fans or sellout fans from the area who root for other teams aren't gonna be pissing on our team anymore like really soon.

By the time RG3 is in his prime and we are ready to make a run, we're gonna lay it hard on all you bastards who made fun of the Skins for the last 3-4 seasons. Can't wait.

Niners fan actually......... 

Im not pissing on the ********...........But for somebody to say the Skins are back based on the fact that they made this trade is just crazy.   They are going to depend on free agency for the next few years because they gave up THREE first rounders for this QB.

And what if dude doesnt even pan out?   Dude might be Mike Vick or Ryan Leaf all over again..........you just never know.

Thanks for Carlos Rodgers tho
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

WE.

ARE.

BACK.

By the time RG3 is in his prime and we are ready to make a run, we're gonna lay it hard on all you bastards who made fun of the Skins for the last 13-14 seasons. Can't wait.

******** ain't doing anything anytime soon.

laugh.gif
@ Gift guaranteeing a Super Bowl within 5 years. That's pretty bold right there. I am VERY high on Griffin though obviously. The only thing he's lacking is ideal size and experience in a pro style offense, but he has everything else you want in a passer and will take a backseat only to Vick as a runner. On top of all that he's extremely intelligent and learns tremendously fast. He's well-spoken, and a great character guy as well. He is the prototypical franchise quarterback both on the field and marketing-wise, and will be coming to a city that hasn't had a true franchise QB since Sonny. DC has needed a guy like RG3 since before I was even born.

"if you think it's too much read what my friend Jeff just skyped me and then think again ... "Gus Frerotte, John Friesz, Heath Shuler, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Green, Brad Johnson, Jeff George, Brad Johnson, Tony Banks, Shane Matthews, Patrick Ramsey, Danny Wuerffel, Tim Hasselbeck, Patrick Ramsey, Mark Brunell, Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, and John Beck."

Those are the QB's we've had since I've been following the team
laugh.gif
What a relief, can't wait til the draft.
pimp.gif

Hate that it had to be the skins..doesn't change the fact that I life him and want to see him succeed..hope it ain't at the boys expense tho

RGIII is a poor mans Cam Newton.

Not a good tradeRams get a 1 now, next year and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that lol lol

Other than the fact that they're both black and athletic freaks playing QB, they're not alike at all 
laugh.gif
Great trade for both teams. A lot to give up for the ******** but it's the price to pay to have a franchise QB. With the NFL becoming more of a passing league that caters to offense, if you don't have a franchise QB that can win you games, you're not winning the Super Bowl. ******** have some talent on defense already, their LT of the future, their TE of the future, it's not like they won't have any weapons. Good pickup by the Skins. Rams are wealthy now too

And it's why the ******** will again forever be losers. RGIII with no talent around him anytime soon is nothing more than a Randall Cunningham. A damn fine QB who won't win *!%$ in the long run.

Washington may get on MNF a few times now, but mortgaging your future for a potential top echelon QB doesn't earn you a SB. You still have to field a TEAM. C'mon..Snyder never learns.

Haters gon hate! if we dont make this move for RG3 we get called stupid for not getting our franchise qb, now that we did it "we gave up too much" 
grin.gif

Im perfectly fine with this move
glasses.gif

plus: i believe its only two 1st round picks because one of the 3 picks counts as the one that we swapped from 6 to 2. im perfectly fine with this move

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

And it's why the ******** will again forever be losers. RGIII with no talent around him anytime soon is nothing more than a Randall Cunningham. A damn fine QB who won't win *!%$ in the long run.

Washington may get on MNF a few times now, but mortgaging your future for a potential top echelon QB doesn't earn you a SB. You still have to field a TEAM. C'mon..Snyder never learns.
seriously though??? nobody is saying this team is automatically putting in a playoff bid because we now have our franchise QB. hell, i think we will go 8-8 this season.

tell me what do you think we should have done? fill up our needs on offense and defense besides QB and roll with grossman/beck/tannehill/another bum we pick up from free agency?

i don't think so..look at the list 5am6oody72 just posted off all the quarterbacks we've had to go through.

$40 million in cap room..it's pretty obvious they will be filling up some spots via free agency...

St. Louis made out like a bandit. Too bad they won't have Greg Williams for a minute. RGIII may be a poor man's Cam, but remember Cam had a decent o-line, deadskins don't. Far from it too. They also don't have any receivers unless you count the mighty mights (with Santana Moss being a has been now). They lost a lot of draft picks for him too...

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

laugh.gif
@ Gift guaranteeing a Super Bowl within 5 years. That's pretty bold right there. I am VERY high on Griffin though obviously. The only thing he's lacking is ideal size and experience in a pro style offense, but he has everything else you want in a passer and will take a backseat only to Vick as a runner. On top of all that he's extremely intelligent and learns tremendously fast. He's well-spoken, and a great character guy as well. He is the prototypical franchise quarterback both on the field and marketing-wise, and will be coming to a city that hasn't had a true franchise QB since Sonny. DC has needed a guy like RG3 since before I was even born.

"if you think it's too much read what my friend Jeff just skyped me and then think again ... "Gus Frerotte, John Friesz, Heath Shuler, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Green, Brad Johnson, Jeff George, Brad Johnson, Tony Banks, Shane Matthews, Patrick Ramsey, Danny Wuerffel, Tim Hasselbeck, Patrick Ramsey, Mark Brunell, Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, and John Beck."

Those are the QB's we've had since I've been following the team
laugh.gif
What a relief, can't wait til the draft.
pimp.gif
All that needs to be said. 

laugh.gif
you fools thinking the ******** are done with roster moves. 

DoubleJ- I have a lot of respect for you. Your always pretty thoughtgful in the threads that you create or post in but RGIII is going to be running like Forest Gump for the next 3 years or so. Without an o-line & WRs, that kid is going to be runnin'...I think the deadskins now need to get that boy a someone to throw to like Vincent Jackson in free agency...

Originally Posted by psk2310

DoubleJ- I have a lot of respect for you. Your always pretty thoughtgful in the threads that you create or post in but RGIII is going to be running like Forest Gump for the next 3 years or so. Without an o-line & WRs, that kid is going to be runnin'...I think the deadskins now need to get that boy a someone to throw to like Vincent Jackson in free agency...
It's not going to be a magical turnaround next year....they have a lot of holes to fill.  However, with a ton of cap space they can now look to fill some of those holes with vets.  When focusing on the draft in round 3 and beyond, they could potentially take the BPA, which hasn't always been the case.

IF Griffin works out, I'd expect a drastically different record within the next 2-3 seasons.  This team has not had a franchise QB in my lifetime, and making this move was something that had to be done. 

Think about it, the Skins have NEVER had a mobile QB who can extend plays outside of the pocket.  That's an asset to RG3's skill set.  A skill-set that he'll have to use next year as I'm sure he'll be running around a bit.  That being said, he's amazing IN the pocket.  As the team fills it's need on the line, we'll see a lot of plays (hopefully) being made while getting adequate protection. 

I can't stress enough as to how big this move is.  Hopefully, having RG3 in the fold will be enough to lure a few FA WR's as well as some O-lineman to play in DC. 

Rams fan checking in. Man what a day for us. But nonetheless the ******** didnt overpay, cleveland was knocking on the door with a similar deal. Plus with the new rookie cap if things dont work out not much money will be lost. Go big or go home.

And on another tip Dan spends money. He gets who he wants with 40 million in cap space they are going to give that kid some weapons so if you had your heart set on V Jackson joining your team good luck. Checks are going to be written. And the ******** will have anyone they choose. And I am rams fan but I cant hate an owner that spends money.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by psk2310

It's not going to be a magical turnaround next year....they have a lot of holes to fill.  However, with a ton of cap space they can now look to fill some of those holes with vets.  When focusing on the draft in round 3 and beyond, they could potentially take the BPA, which hasn't always been the case.

IF Griffin works out, I'd expect a drastically different record within the next 2-3 seasons.  This team has not had a franchise QB in my lifetime, and making this move was something that had to be done. 

Think about it, the Skins have NEVER had a mobile QB who can extend plays outside of the pocket.  That's an asset to RG3's skill set.  A skill-set that he'll have to use next year as I'm sure he'll be running around a bit.  That being said, he's amazing IN the pocket.  As the team fills it's need on the line, we'll see a lot of plays (hopefully) being made while getting adequate protection. 

I can't stress enough as to how big this move is.  Hopefully, having RG3 in the fold will be enough to lure a few FA WR's as well as some O-lineman to play in DC. 

man i hope for ******** sake your right man, cause if that kid fails, i expect another 10 years of
alien.gif

Back
Top Bottom