The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Tannehill is borderline Bum status.

he gave away games

Ponder and Gabbert were Certified Bums coming out of college.

I wouldnt take any of those 3 in 1st two rounds...

Yes Im killing him, He isnt good. he doesnt make sound decisions when the bullets start flying.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

he gave away games

Yes Im killing him, He isnt good. he doesnt make sound decisions when the bullets start flying.
I agree 100% 
For one, I'm absolutely numb as a Vikings fan knowing how far back they set their franchise by taking Ponder last year and ultimately ruining the window they had with one of the greatest RB's of all-time.

Gabbert is a pos that no GM should have ever drafted short of the 6th round (I said this before his crap year). And some of these dudes call themselves real talent evaluators.
30t6p3b.gif
Joe Schmo seen this coming.

Tannehill is just version 3.0 of these two. If a GM or coach is relying on him to keep their jobs then they deserve to be fired. I would take him at the earliest, in the 4th round. At the earliest!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

he gave away games

laugh.gif
I agree with you

But I am just saying compared to what goes for a 1st round QB he is easily a top 15 pick which is sad in its own right.

I guess you feel the same way I felt about Gabbert about Tannehill. I wouldnt have picked Blaine in the 5th round I just had no doubts he would fail.

I had Gabbert as my 8th 7th QB last year...........
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by Buc Em

If we are gonna trade him, I'm waiting for the ******** to offer us a 4th.

laugh.gif
He doesn't have that value with his off the field issues.
its the ********
laugh.gif
the raiders of the east
laugh.gif

Exactly why I said that. Throw us Helu or Torain while they're at it.

I for real think Gabbert is one of the worst QB's in the whole league right now, even including backups.

He also may be in one of if not the worst situation in the league in Jacksonville. He was doomed from the start. Luckily for him he still has time.

i was shocked to hear that ponder was going first round last year...i saw lots of fsu games and he wasnt anything special...i guess people are just trying to hit homeruns with these picks but most qbs dont make it in the nfl....there is probably only 10 teams that have qbs they actually want...the qb has to be significantly better than the one on my current roster to even consider drafting them so early....

Tannehill has to be the most polarizing prospect in the last few years. It seems all of the fans absolutely hate him and most of the scouts/GMs/coaches love his potential.

anybody going to the draft?  im still debating on if i feel like waiting in line for a wristband on wednesday, but i feel like i should be there to see rg3 drafted to my skins 
pimp.gif

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td][table][tr][td][table][tr][td][table][tr][td]
"There is absolutely zero thinking on our part as far as wanting to do that. I want him to be a Buc. I understand there's been issues before I arrived, I do know that. And I'm not naive to the fact that some of those are a heck of a lot bigger than just playing football. But I'm really hopeful, as I've said before, that that clears itself up. Because since I met him for the first time, he's done everything I've asked and he's practiced well and he's prepared well."
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

I know it could be coach talk, but it doesn't seem that way to me. From the very start he's said that Talib will be given a fresh start just like the rest of the team. It would be dumb to trade the dude right now when nobody is going to offer anything besides a 6th or 7th round pick that probably won't do %+@$ for us.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

i was shocked to hear that ponder was going first round last year...i saw lots of fsu games and he wasnt anything special...i guess people are just trying to hit homeruns with these picks but most qbs dont make it in the nfl....there is probably only 10 teams that have qbs they actually want...the qb has to be significantly better than the one on my current roster to even consider drafting them so early....

Ponder actually showed some potential to be a legit NFL QB. Vikings front office needs to get him a better oline and some WR to throw to.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Tannehill has to be the most polarizing prospect in the last few years. It seems all of the fans absolutely hate him and most of the scouts/GMs/coaches love his potential.
Me personally, I'm more looking ahead than anything.  2013 could have anywhere from 5 to 10 decent QB's come out, IF everything breaks well for them in college next year.  So why reach for Tannehill in the top 10, when you could sit at 17 next year and have a shot at a QB just as good?  (again, provided on the depth of the class JR's and such)  That has been my stance for months now with Tanne.  He may be ok, but to take him at 3, 4, 8, 11, whereever, and then next year be sitting there and watching QB after QB come off the board, that would be horrible. 

As an example, imagine this year's draft if Barkley came out.  You're Minnesota, you just reached at 12 to take Ponder, now you are 3rd and watch Barkley slide on by cuz you can't take a QB back to back first rounds, would cripple your team.  Same fear here with Tanne.  I shudder takin him, and then next year I see Bark, Bray, Logan Thomas, Wilson, Landry Jones, etc etc all in the top 10 (if they came out of course) and we wouldn't be able to choose one of them. 
30t6p3b.gif

I say all this, knowing full well my Dolphins are going to !#%$ up and take him. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Logan Thomas doesnt belong on that list
I forgot who it was (Either Kiper or Maycock), but they had Logan Thomas as a potential 1st round pick in 2013.  Boom or bust year for him, really. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by tmay407

Me personally, I'm more looking ahead than anything.  2013 could have anywhere from 5 to 10 decent QB's come out, IF everything breaks well for them in college next year.  So why reach for Tannehill in the top 10, when you could sit at 17 next year and have a shot at a QB just as good?  (again, provided on the depth of the class JR's and such)  That has been my stance for months now with Tanne.  He may be ok, but to take him at 3, 4, 8, 11, whereever, and then next year be sitting there and watching QB after QB come off the board, that would be horrible. 

As an example, imagine this year's draft if Barkley came out.  You're Minnesota, you just reached at 12 to take Ponder, now you are 3rd and watch Barkley slide on by cuz you can't take a QB back to back first rounds, would cripple your team.  Same fear here with Tanne.  I shudder takin him, and then next year I see Bark, Bray, Logan Thomas, Wilson, Landry Jones, etc etc all in the top 10 (if they came out of course) and we wouldn't be able to choose one of them. 
30t6p3b.gif

I say all this, knowing full well my Dolphins are going to !#%$ up and take him. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

all this.

if the phins are smart, trade back or take the best def player avail and wait till next years draft instead of reaching for tannehill

I cant take Mike Mayock as serious anymore after he had Blaine Gabbert as a better prospect than Cam last year. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He's still good at his job and all, i cant get over that tho. 

As far as Tannehill, he makes a lot of erratic throws on critical downs. It may be his inability to read defenses because he's still raw to the position. 

Unlike most, i actually like Tannehill as a prospect. He's got a quick release and can make throws in tight windows. And he's got feet. Someone embed the LSU vs. Texas A&M game featuring tannehill. There's a lot to like although he made some big mistakes as well.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Logan Thomas doesnt belong on that list
6-6 260 will get him drafted, early.  Certainly he has a ton of work to do QB wise, but maybe he makes a big leap.  Not sayin he'll be Cam, but the comparison is going to get made. 

As much as I'm looking forward to the draft, it still annoys me when ESPN/NFL Network pan the camera to the guy being drafted before it's announced. I hate that $$#! man.

Back
Top Bottom