The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A four time champion and finals MVP not even in the same class as CP. lol

And you guys wonder why people call CP overrated

Buc Em could've won 4 chips w/ Duncan, Manu and Pop.

Not so sure about that FMVP, tho.

Those stats will surely shut up the "Is Tony Parker a top 5 PG ever?" crowd.
who has ever said this? what else do u do on NT aside from give steam to opinions that don't deserve attention in the first place?

Nothing, just like CP3.

Ba dum tssssssss.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't discredit Chris Paul by saying he hasn't had enough playoff success, then downplay the comparison of numbers against someone who does fulfill your criteria of playoff success. It's only a point to emphasize circumstance. Had Chris Paul been on the Spurs, he would likely have the same playoff success Tony Parker. But instead, he's a "perennial loser".

You can't discredit Chris Paul by saying he hasn't had enough playoff success, then downplay the comparison of numbers against someone who does fulfill your criteria of playoff success. It's only a point to emphasize circumstance. Had Chris Paul been on the Spurs, he would likely have the same playoff success Tony Parker. But instead, he's a "perennial loser".

Trying to figure out when did loosing the wcf become some sort of big deal, relative to winning a chip.

"At least he made the wcf" So :lol: :lol:

"At least he made the finals" Soooo whattttt :lol: :lol:

Is it about winning or not with you guys? You don't get an award for loosing in the NBA. You either win or you lose. So saying someone is somehow different than someone else because he lost later in the playoffs makes no sense. When KD retires, if he does without no rings, you guys won't be saying "He made 12 WCFs!" you'll be saying that he lost, period. Cut that **** out. If you're going to discredit CP please do it in a more articulate way. You can't have it both ways and say he hasn't won, but then turn around and try and paint making the western conference as some sort of an accomplishment.

A four time champion and finals MVP not even in the same class as CP. lol

And you guys wonder why people call CP overrated

Terrible logic

Does that make Joe Dumars better than John Stockton?

Terrible analogy. At least Stockton has a winning record in the playoffs and been to the finals twice.

Go ahead with your statement that a 4 time champ and finals mvp not in the same class of someone with 15 total playoff wins LOL

Last edited:
CP could potentially go down as the greatest player to never reach the conference Finals.

It's funny how winning a title doesn't put Parker above Paul because it's a team award. Then how Nash winning 2 MVPs doesn't put him above Paul. Although that's a individual award. Paul's the golden child. Lol

Last edited:
Normally I'm okay with you Chester, but today you are at assassin/100 levels of letting personal bias cloud your objectivity.

Terrible analogy. At least Stockton has a winning record in the playoffs and been to the finals twice.

Go ahead with your statement that a 4 time champ and finals mvp not in the same class of someone with 15 total playoff wins LOL

Not really. Joe Dumars is a 4x all star, 2X Champ, and a finals MVP. While Stockton doesn't have a chip or a finals MVP....but you wouldn't dare say Joe Dumars was in his class.

If you want to use winning as an argument, there's no credit for losing the ultimate goal.

I've read on this site that teams that have smaller PGs as their best player can't win a championship. So why should CP get slandered for not doing something that is apparently impossible to do anyway?

Not sure why you folks use certain bench marks for achievements and variables.  It makes no sense, and it's not even arguable anymore.  Certainly, this type of conversation has been beaten over and over again.

CP could potentially go down as the greatest player to never reach the conference Finals.

It's funny how winning a title doesn't put Parker above Paul because it's a team award. Then how Nash winning 2 MVPs doesn't put him above Paul. Although that's a individual award. Paul's the golden child. Lol

They gave CP3's MVP to Kobe in 08. Kobe was def deserving though.

It's arguable right now that Nash has had a better career...those 2 MVP's are nothing to sneeze at. But CP3 will go down as the better player when it's all said and done.

roll.gif
It's not as funny cuz It says conference finals. But I'm **** right now so I read it as Winning a Ring.

Sorry guys. B- execution. 

I think we can all agree if cp3 is your #1 your not winning a ring

You all need to use the junkest team on NBA 2K and play on hardest mode, then you'll know how these guys feel.  Can't win, but doesn't mean you ain't elite.

They gave CP3's MVP to Kobe in 08. Kobe was def deserving though.

It's arguable right now that Nash has had a better career...those 2 MVP's are nothing to sneeze at. But CP3 will go down as the better player when it's all said and done.

I agree 100% with this. Paul still hasn't finished his career. I think he'll be amongst the best PGs ever when he's done. Just not ready to put him ahead of guys that's put in more work at this point like the GPs or Kidds.

On a lighter note. Boston has a beat down coming tonight. No way we lose back to back to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom