The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it. Last year with the evolution of Blake CP3 had a complimentary star and a good coach and minus a bad call they would have been going home up 3-2. Now that doesn't excuse him playing like Smush Parker for those last 3 minutes in Game 5 nor does it forget the probability of the Spurs waxing that butt in the next round but come on, you guys are acting like his lack of postseason success is attributed to his lack of skills he possess which is so very far from the narrative.

Maybe he ends his career with no rings but if his game keeps evolving how it has and he sustains it for a lengthy time I don't see how you can't put him in the conversation with all the great point guards.

I don't get it. Last year with the evolution of Blake CP3 had a complimentary star and a good coach and minus a bad call they would have been going home up 3-2. Now that doesn't excuse him playing like Smush Parker for those last 3 minutes in Game 5 nor does it forget the probability of the Spurs waxing that butt in the next round but come on, you guys are acting like his lack of postseason success is attributed to his lack of skills he possess which is so very far from the narrative.

Maybe he ends his career with no rings but if his game keeps evolving how it has and he sustains it for a lengthy time I don't see how you can't put him in the conversation with all the great point guards.

C'mon man. You know facts and logic aren't used in here. Take that somewhere else lol.

All this is true though.

Srs question. I see people say KD, Russ, D Howard, Harden, Paul George and the slander they will and have got. Thing about those guys is they all been to the Finals or conference Finals.

I can't think of anyone else besides CP and Melo who have 10 years in and are constantly called great who haven't seen the conference Finals. Can you guys?

Last edited:
Srs question. I see people say KD, Russ, D Howard, Harden, Paul George and the slander they will and have got. Thing about those guys is they all been to the Finals or conference Finals.

I can't think of anyone else besides CP and Melo who have 10 years in and are constantly called great who haven't seen the conference Finals. Can you guys?

Not off the top of my head, but since when did getting eliminated in the CF or Finals become an accomplishment?

You either win a title or you don't.

I'm not coming at you, either, I'm seriously asking.

Is this something ESPN has created over the years?

Last edited by a moderator:
to be fair to russ and KD..

they've been to the finals.. and then the western conference finals 3 out of the last 4 years.. and lost to the eventual champs in playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years

but if the westbrook and ibaka injuries don't happen in consecutive years (plus westbrook being in and out all season long last year), who knows what happens (and then all the injuries this year which at the very least has dug us in a hole)

Melo's been there. Idc about conference finals or finals. That's all semantics and BS. All of them haven't won a chip and are great players. That's irrelevant.

Not off the top of my head, but since when did getting eliminated in the CF or Finals become an accomplishment?

I agree with you about winning or you don't. I'm genuinely curious to know out of the top stars in the league who hasn't reached at least the conference finals yet? I'm not counting AD but of established stars.

One of the most decorated PG's in the history of the game vs. THEE most overrated PG in the history of the game.

Yep. Player A is a 4x champ, player b is a perennial loser. That's what they said.

Last edited:

Carmelo Anthony has been to the Western Conference Finals though

Stats in a vacuum, eh. But whos the non CP3 person in this?

Tony Parker is the other one. Must be nice to play with arguably a top 5 player of all time and arguably the greatest coach of all time from the jump. TP is a good player...but he's not in CP3's class.

Stats in a vacuum, eh. But whos the non CP3 person in this?
tony parker maybe?
Thats who I thought it was at a glance which is why I asked cause I'm taking TP over CP3 and thats why I said said eh to the stats in the vacuum thing. It LOOKS like TP

You don't believe that, tho.

Start a team tomorrow w/ either one in their prime and I highly doubt you're taking TP over CP3.

TP is right up there w/ Kobe and Magic when it comes to fortune.

Dude had an all time great PF, maybe the best ever, and an all time great coach who's probably no worse than 3rd all time.

Last edited by a moderator:

its not about losing, its an accomplishment to even get there. By getting there you at least have a chance to win. These guys don't even sniff the wcf/ecf. They dont even get to take those championship pix that teams that get close enough get to take. those sus pix that bosh was taking. sure you may lose, tons of teams have, but they at least were bad enough to get there. based on actual accolades, what really separates melo and tmac?

If you not first then you last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom