The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwight :x I'm not sure how long Houston can maintain a high winning % without him. I was thinking he would return this week.

On Waiters...

There is nothing that a black eye from Tony Allen could not fix. I also think Memphis would have a no tolerance policy with him. If he starts to act up, Joerger simply won't play him and possibly dismiss him from the team. I just think there are too many hard nosed vets and too much experience on the team for him to mess anything up. He would definitely be a hit or miss, though. No in between :lol:

The trade may not even happen anyway. I didn't get a chance to listen to some of the local stations today about the rumor. I do know that Koufos is on the block in Memphis, though. It was being mentioned several times in the last few weeks. I'll counter Cleveland with getting our 1st round pick from them. That would probably be the only way I'll do it.

Last edited:
The scary thing is that Waiters is a Hollinger guy. I think he rated Waiters #4 on his draft rater. So, I'm sure he sees a role for him in Memphis.

Yep, he was ranked #4. Here is his 2012 draft rater.
1. Anthony Davis

2. Thomas Robinson
3. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
4. Dion Waiters
5. Andre Drummond
6. Quincy Miller
7. Jared Sullinger
8. Terrence Jones
9. John Henson
10. Royce White
11. Bradley Beal
12. Harrison Barnes
13. Tony Wroten
14. Kendall Marshall
15. Marquis Teague
16. Draymond Green
17. Jeremy Lamb
18. Damian Lillard
19. Austin Rivers
20. Doron Lamb
21. Furkan Aldemir
22. Will Barton
23. Tyler Zeller
24. Evan Fournier
25. Tyshawn Taylor
26. Meyers Leonard
27. Terrence Ross
28. Perry Jones
29. Festus Ezeli
30. Fab Melo
31. Kostas Sloukas
32. Henry Sims
33. Terrell Stoglin
34. Kostas Papanikolaou
35. Moe Harkless
36. Leon Radosevic
37. JaMychal Green
38. Andrew Nicholson
39. Drew Gordon
40. Garrett Stutz
41. Robert Sacre
42. Arnett Moultrie
43. Elias Harris
44. William Buford
45. Jae Crowder
46. Jared Cunningham
47. Jordan Taylor
48. John Jenkins
49. Orlando Johnson
50. Jeffrey Taylor
51. Quincy Acy
52. Maalik Wayns
53. Tornike Shengelia
54. Scott Machado
55. Mike Scott
56. J'Covan Brown
57. Reggie Hamilton
58. Khris Middleton
59. Tony Mitchell
60. Miles Plumlee

Ehh I wouldn't call him a "hollinger guy."

yes Dion Waiters had stats that college stats that translate well to the NBA (high steal rate, strong 2p%) but that is completely irrelevant now like 3 years into his career.

Wow, Boston beat a pretty darn good Washington team. Let's keep gettin' key wins over the top teams in the East and we'll be a proven young n' threatening team.

I think Harden can continue to carry Houston until Howard is back.HIs problem wasn't bad defense, it was he took plays off.As good as he is on offense with maneuvering his body in to tight spots, same goes for defense.If you can look past the jokes and actually watch him on the court, he could be an elite defender simply because he knows where to place his body on D, he maneuvers well.I'm not sure I'm explaining this clearly, it's easy to see when you watch him closely. For me I noticed during a one on one drill with him and KD during the WorldCup.I will continue to pay attention, I hope you guys do as well

I'm one of the bigger Harden critics on here but I still 
mean.gif
 at the folks who refuse to consider Harden elite or to be the best 2 in the league

He's for sure top 5.
No doubt the top SG.
If he doesn't make an AllNBA defensive ever, it wouldn't matter, outside of Carmelo, I can't think of anyone who gets buckets easier and nobody gets to the rim as well as him. That's just what it is

I'm one of the bigger Harden critics on here but I still :smh:  at the folks who refuse to consider Harden elite or to be the best 2 in the league

cuz we talked bout dis. he‘s high, cuz most guys are retiring.

need harden to post up n show more than just euro stepping. his impact hasnt been made. walks, talks like a duck

Those stats are misleading. Anybody who has watched Houston knows Mchale chains guys who contribute when Dwights out to the bench when he's playing. It's the most confusing thing ever.

I wouldn't say they're misleading. Our offense hasn't skipped a beat because we've got unlikely contributions from DMo, Tarik black, and Dorsey. Our defense, as indicated by the numbers, has taken a hit.

Lebron going for 50 tonight.

I hardly think that will be necessary --

Tim Bontemps ‏@TimBontemps · 50m50 minutes ago
Nets will be down both Brook Lopez (back) and Joe Johnson (flu) for tonight's game against Cleveland.

They should cruise to an easy win without Lebster putting up big numbers.

Last edited:
@CarmichaelDave: Hearing chatter that DeMarcus Cousins may be out until January. Still extremely ill. Not looking like anytime soon.

Don't know how reliable this information is, but if true. :smh: :smh:

@CarmichaelDave: Hearing chatter that DeMarcus Cousins may be out until January. Still extremely ill. Not looking like anytime soon.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Need Boogie Wonderland on the court, he was playing like a monster on both ends so far.

Get healthy sir. :pimp:

That sucks, man. Get well soon, Boogie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom