The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't even matter because if John Wall fails to get to the ECF in the next 2 years nobody on NT will like him anymore and the "Is John Wall overrated thread" will be bumped.

I just don't understand how a PG can shoot under 40% from the FT line. I don't understand how anybody can shoot that bad actually. Especially a professional Basketball player. It's truly mind boggling.

Rondo's rebounding numbers are Godly though.

I love Mike Conley. Good basketball player. Plays the pg position extremely well.

However, I feel that he gets called underrated so much, that we tend to overrate him a lil bit.

I see what you're saying, but at some point something has to give. A lot of people still think guys like Kyrie and Lillard are just better players and I think that makes Conley undervalued. In particular, Kyrie (not so much Lillard). When looking at how much of an impact these guys have on their teams and their overall games, the tiers IMO:

Tier 1
Russ
Wall
CP3
Steph
Parker

Tier 2
Lowry
Conley
Lillard
Rondo

Tier 3
Jrue
Bledsoe
Kyrie
Dragic
Lawson
Dwill

I'm not exactly sure where to put Rose at this point. I'm guessing he would be tier 2, but could move into Tier 1 depending on how the rest of this season goes.

Thing is, I didn't know the stats in terms of John Wall vs CP. I have league pass so i've been able to catch just about every Wiz game this year. I'm a fan.

But the way dude said "John wall avg's more pts rebs ast blks & steals" and then said "There really is no argument"...i'm like Okay man :lol: if there is no argument then the statistical difference between the two shouldn't be this close, all the while wall plays in an easier conference with a much higher usage rate. To bring up pts, rebs, ast, stls, or whatever with these two is negligent, they are very close. To say "There is no argument" is just being biased.

CP is much more efficient, from 3, from midrange, wherever you wanna go with it. He also takes care of the ball much better, has a fantastic assist to turnover ratio, and has a much higher WS.

I'm not a big advanced stat guy, but it's more revealing when comparing Wall and CP. If someone said Wall is better than Chris it's not like its outrageous or anything, but I don't see it man.

Paul's 2 worst games have been against the East. One of those games was against Wall. CP had 6 TO. Bringing up conference helps Walls case. 6-1 vs the West. It's not like DC is 4th or 5th in the East. They're tied for 1st.

Listen to the first segment in The Dan Patrick Show today.

Dan argues with McLovin, sayin Pau Gasol is better than Marc Gasol :lol:

I see what you're saying, but at some point something has to give. A lot of people still think guys like Kyrie and Lillard are just better players and I think that makes Conley undervalued. In particular, Kyrie (not so much Lillard). When looking at how much of an impact these guys have on their teams and their overall games, the tiers IMO:

Tier 1
Russ
Wall
CP3
Steph
Parker

Tier 2
Lowry
Conley
Lillard
Rondo

Tier 3
Jrue
Bledsoe
Kyrie
Dragic
Lawson
Dwill

I'm not exactly sure where to put Rose at this point. I'm guessing he would be tier 2, but could move into Tier 1 depending on how the rest of this season goes.

You gotta drop rondo down to that 3rd tier. His shooting woes are inexcusable. Shooting worse than Rubio/Kemba. I thought that was impossible lol.

But I agree Conley might be better than Kyrie...but Kyrie is in that same tier, and closer than you think. Dude is amazing offensively at scoring the ball. There's value there.

What Conley brings to the table is def appreciated though. Guy is good in the P&R, ambidextrous, good defender. Good decision maker.

Thing is, I didn't know the stats in terms of John Wall vs CP. I have league pass so i've been able to catch just about every Wiz game this year. I'm a fan.

But the way dude said "John wall avg's more pts rebs ast blks & steals" and then said "There really is no argument"...i'm like Okay man :lol: if there is no argument then the statistical difference between the two shouldn't be this close, all the while wall plays in an easier conference with a much higher usage rate. To bring up pts, rebs, ast, stls, or whatever with these two is negligent, they are very close. To say "There is no argument" is just being biased.

CP is much more efficient, from 3, from midrange, wherever you wanna go with it. He also takes care of the ball much better, has a fantastic assist to turnover ratio, and has a much higher WS.

I'm not a big advanced stat guy, but it's more revealing when comparing Wall and CP. If someone said Wall is better than Chris it's not like its outrageous or anything, but I don't see it man.

Paul's 2 worst games have been against the East. One of those games was against Wall. CP had 6 TO. Bringing up conference helps Walls case. 6-1 vs the West. It's not like DC is 4th or 5th in the East. They're tied for 1st.

Not really, considering the other 5 wins came against the Lakers, TWolves, Nuggets, Pelicans and Jazz.

2 games means squat, btw.

Wall was awful against Cleveland and Toronto and I know you don't believe Kyrie and Lowry are better than Wall.

Last edited by a moderator:

They've played 7 games against the west. CP has played 14. That's a huge difference. Bringing up conference hardly helps wall's case because two of those games came against the West's worst.

Wall bested paul head to head last week, but I was never from the school of thought that put one game as a defining factor for one being better than the other.

Hey i agree that Wall is playing better but lettuce be cereal, it is marginal at best. 7 games isn't a huge sample size and while I think the Wiz are playing great ball, you can't discount what the Clippers have done this year either. Wall outplayed Chris head to head but it definitely is arguable who's better this year

You guys have it on the Wall vs CP convo. Wall can average a triple double, win MVP and a title but because his PER on offense isn't better than Paul's he'll still be the better player.

Isiah Austin still making 2k :pimp:

View media item 1309129
This time last year, Baylor center Isaiah Austin was in the midst of a terrific sophomore season, one that would eventually lead to his inclusion on the Big 12’s All-Defensive Team. The 7-1 center was listed as a likely lottery pick in the 2014 NBA draft, impressive placement considering the depth of what was thought to be one of the better draft classes in league history.

Just a week before the draft, however, Austin was diagnosed with Marfan syndrome, an inherited disease that affects the connective tissue. Citing worries about his health, and the strain on one’s heart when working at basketball speed with the disease, Austin retired from basketball. The NBA still invited him to the draft as a guest, and symbolically chose him in the middle of the first round, a move that left more than a few of us drying our eyes.

Nearly six months after his retirement, though, the minds behind NBA 2K15 have decided to give Austin fans a chance to live out his NBA dream. He’s been added to the free-agent pool in the game, available for any team to sign.

From Gamespot:

Players can add Austin onto their team as a free agent, as well as in the MyTEAM mode. He can also be seen on this week's episode of NBA2K TV. To appear in the game, Austin underwent facial scanning at the NBA 2K studios.

That is incredibly cool. And because defensive-minded 7-1 centers are rather hard to come by, gamers have been in heavy pursuit of the rookie:

@IsaiahAustin is the STUFF! First game using him and look at these numbers! Even 5 assist! @Ronnie2K @LD2K pic.twitter.com/xs9OoUFKUF
— CSquard 2K15 (@CSquard11) December 17, 2014
Austin has been offered a job with the NBA, contingent on him finishing his final two years at Baylor. In the meantime, he’ll be allowed to do what so many other 21-year old collegians spend their evenings doing – playing as themselves on NBA 2K15.

The difference in this scenario is that Austin won’t have to create himself as a player. He’s earned his inclusion.

Last edited:
I'm just happy that we're actually at the point where we can "logically" debate if Wall > CP3, and vice-versa.

:pimp:

im sure it was discussed last night but how in the hell is the nets roof leaking & that damn thing was JUST built

Son realized his points were trash and back pedaled quicker than Melo, :lol:

Listen to the first segment in The Dan Patrick Show today.

Dan argues with McLovin, sayin Pau Gasol is better than Marc Gasol :lol:

Disappointing. I thought DP actually had some basketball knowledge. Right now, today, there's no way Pau is better than Marc. Not even Pau thinks so.

If you had told me Conley would develop into one of the best point guards in the league in 2008-2009, I would have laughed at you.

His development has been remarkable.

Last edited:
I'm just happy that we're actually at the point where we can "logically" debate if Wall > CP3, and vice-versa.

:pimp:

See this, is appreciated. Because I think there's a real conversation to be had in regards to Wall vs CP. As I said, if one were to think Wall > CP, I wouldn't be mad at that. He's playing awesome. He's having a year.

But you can't say "Wall is avg more pts rebs ast stls and blks" when the difference is so small that it's moot. I mean Wall is avg less than a point more than CP :lol: which is why you do have to dig deeper into the numbers and when you do, you see a pg who's far more efficient, doesn't turn it over as much, has a higher WS, has a higher per and does all of this with a smaller usage rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom