The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except Wall is passing better, rebounding better and defending better than Paul and Steph.

Only thing Steph has is scoring, he's still only average as a defender.

So actually, yes.

Thank you. Everyone likes to use the PER stat. Even that on defense is in Walls favor. There is no argument.

But its not in his favor offensively, :lol:

You can't just use adv stats when they go in dudes favor and then ignore, make excuses when they don't.

Also, Steph isn't an avg defender anymore, but alright.

I'm not even sure why rebounding is brought up, either, they all avg about the same w/ Curry leading the bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care how better of a defender he is, the game is to put the ball in the basket and nobody does it better than Steph Curry. :D

Not that I think it's warranted - at all - but considering all the publicity the Cavs get, is there a chance that LebLeb, Love and Kyrie all start in the ASG?

Not that I think it's warranted - at all - but considering all the publicity the Cavs get, is there a chance that LebLeb, Love and Kyrie all start in the ASG?

lol.duh...

Kyray...DWyade....Bronny.....Lub.....Boosh......Awkward.....

You can't just use adv stats when they go in dudes favor and then ignore, make excuses when they don't.

All you use is advanced stats. You ignore averages that are all in Walls favor. You also ignore head to head and team record. Again in Johns favor. Wall is the better defender according to PER.

So your saying offensive PER means more than all that?

They all will. They all should. Kyrie and Lowry is splitting hairs though. I'd take Lowry, but would be mad if Kyrie got voted in.

All you use is advanced stats. You ignore averages that are all in Walls favor. You also ignore head to head and team record. Again in Johns favor. Wall is the better defender according to PER.

Not true at all, actually.

I don't think you understand how PER works, if you did, you wouldn't be in here puffing your chest @ Wall's higher averages.

He isn't a better offensive player than either of them.

John Wall is averaging less than a point more than CP, less than an assist more than CP, and one rebound more than CP with a 26% USG. (CP is at a 22)

Have you seen CP3 overall PER though? Funny how you don't bring it up. Or that he's rebounding at the same rate....while being 4 inches shorter and less athletic. Shooting much better from everywhere on the floor...and averaging 2 less turnovers a game while assisting at the same rate.

John has been terrific, and a beast defensively...but slow down.

Russ
Wall
CP3
Steph
Conley

I agree

Seriously though, Lillard should not be listed on anyone's top 5. Actually, I'm still putting Parker in my top 5 which means Conley is out. When its all said and done, I'm not taking Lillard over Conley today. Conley just does a lot more than just score the basketball.

Last edited:
Ohhh damnit I keep forgetting Conley. Conley is legit very underrated and a great defender as well

I love Mike Conley. Good basketball player. Plays the pg position extremely well.

However, I feel that he gets called underrated so much, that we tend to overrate him a lil bit.

Russ
Wall
CP3
Steph
Parker

My top 5. Not really in any order.

Lowry, Conley, Lillard, Rondo are in another group, then I'll put guys like Jrue, Bledsoe, Kyrie, Dragic, Lawson, Dwill in another tier.

TD will definitely be on the ASG roster...

remember a few years back when everyone was saying he was washed and the coaches still gave him a spot :rolleyes

yea, he'll be at All Star Weekend.

Thing is, I didn't know the stats in terms of John Wall vs CP. I have league pass so i've been able to catch just about every Wiz game this year. I'm a fan.

But the way dude said "John wall avg's more pts rebs ast blks & steals" and then said "There really is no argument"...i'm like Okay man :lol: if there is no argument then the statistical difference between the two shouldn't be this close, all the while wall plays in an easier conference with a much higher usage rate. To bring up pts, rebs, ast, stls, or whatever with these two is negligent, they are very close. To say "There is no argument" is just being biased.

CP is much more efficient, from 3, from midrange, wherever you wanna go with it. He also takes care of the ball much better, has a fantastic assist to turnover ratio, and has a much higher WS.

I'm not a big advanced stat guy, but it's more revealing when comparing Wall and CP. If someone said Wall is better than Chris it's not like its outrageous or anything, but I don't see it man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom