The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have it on the Wall vs CP convo. Wall can average a triple double, win MVP and a title but because his PER on offense isn't better than Paul's he'll still be the better player.

You sound like a scorned female. Take your L's like a man.

If you had told me Conley would develop into one of the best point guards in the league in 2008-2009, I would have laughed at you.

His development has been remarkable.

Man listen, when Memphis drafted OJ I swear I thought conley was terrible...frustrating at best. I thought he was on his way out of the league :lol: surely a top 5 PG for a contender wasn't in the cards for him, or so I thought. Boy was I wrong on him man. Glad I was too. Love the pace at which he plays at. Plays both sides of the ball. Love him.

Man listen, when Memphis drafted OJ I swear I thought conley was terrible...frustrating at best. I thought he was on his way out of the league :lol: surely a top 5 PG for a contender wasn't in the cards for him, or so I thought. Boy was I wrong on him man. Glad I was too. Love the pace at which he plays at. Plays both sides of the ball. Love him.

Speaking of OJ though, he looks terrible again. Sorry, man.

Speaking of OJ though, he looks terrible again. Sorry, man.

:frown: :frown: :frown:

I knew it was going to happen though :lol: ever since he first came into the league, from his stints in Memphis, Dallas, and Milwaukee, even last year, he's always started the first month or so of the season looking like a player. He's always done that. Then everything goes to hell from that point on :lol:

Oh well, still top 5 greatest high school players ever and killed at SC :smokin

Some players just need time, people tend to forget that. Some guys are also just straight up late bloomers.

Props to Memphis for believing in Conley. I remember everybody was scratching their heads when he got that extension.

I didn't see it then. Dude came a long way..

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I hate when people do this.

It's true. If Wall offensively doesn't overtake Paul in PER he'll never be considered better regardless of what he does. Seriously besides that what can he do to surpass Paul as the superior player in the eyes of others? I've seen this movie with TP before. 4 Rings, Finals MVP not in Paul's class according to some. Lol

Last edited:
If you had told me Conley would develop into one of the best point guards in the league in 2008-2009, I would have laughed at you.

His development has been remarkable.

It's ridiculous. Me, bhz and henz would always talk about how Conley would not use his speed to his advantage or his broken jumper. Then the night he got his $40 million extension...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Credit to him for getting stronger, improving his jumper and just getting better overall.

Steph has been the best PG in the league this season. Wall is awesome but I don't understand this Wall > Curry thing.

Nevermind on that Spurs -3 bet. Supposedly, Parker and Leonard are out tonight. I'm staying away
laugh.gif
I think we can still win, but its no longer a surefire thing. 

Steph has been the best PG in the league this season. Wall is awesome but I don't understand this Wall > Curry thing.

Steph is becoming my favorite player in the league to watch. Him and Klay >> any other back court in the league

im sure it was discussed last night but how in the hell is the nets roof leaking & that damn thing was JUST built

bro barclay's is such a crappy arena man. looks dope but they used garbage materials. The whole stadium was black when they first made it like 2 yrs ago. Now the entire outside is rust colored. I was in BK not too long ago and the sun was out and I was like you gotta be ****** kidding me. The whole thing is rusty. Looks terrible.

Last edited:
im sure it was discussed last night but how in the hell is the nets roof leaking & that damn thing was JUST built

bro barclay's is such a crappy arena man. looks dope but they used garbage materials. The whole stadium was black when they first made it like 2 yrs ago. Not the entire outside is rust colored. I was in BK not too long ago and the sun was out and I was like you gotta be ****** kidding me. The whole thing is rusty. Looks terrible.
That was done purposefully though, believe it or not

Yeah, Steph is kind of just a different beast this season. His ability to shoot from basically anywhere sets him apart. Even if his D may not be as good as some other PGs, he's such an offensive weapon that it makes up for whatever defensive inadequacies he might have.

All that said, the Grizz did about as good a job on him last night as a team could do. Made sure someone was on him at all times. Yeah, Steph missed some open shots that he usually makes. But still, he was as well defended in that game as I've seen this season.

bro barclay's is such a crappy arena man. looks dope but they used garbage materials. The whole stadium was black when they first made it like 2 yrs ago. Now the entire outside is rust colored. I was in BK not too long ago and the sun was out and I was like you gotta be ****** kidding me. The whole thing is rusty. Looks terrible.

[insert russian construction joke here]

also on that Woj article, wow. You got to have a screw loose if you defend Dumars like that. I remember reading something a few years back about how personal relationships between FO execs and writers are killing journalism...well theres my proof.

Yeah, Steph is kind of just a different beast this season. His ability to shoot from basically anywhere sets him apart. Even if his D may not be as good as some other PGs, he's such an offensive weapon that it makes up for whatever defensive inadequacies he might have.

All that said, the Grizz did about as good a job on him last night as a team could do. Made sure someone was on him at all times. Yeah, Steph missed some open shots that he usually makes. But still, he was as well defended in that game as I've seen this season.
griz played good D, but the spurs did the best job guarding steph. steph made 0 3s in that game if i remember correctly. 

It's true. If Wall offensively doesn't overtake Paul in PER he'll never be considered better regardless of what he does. Seriously besides that what can he do to surpass Paul as the superior player in the eyes of others? I've seen this movie with TP before. 4 Rings, Finals MVP not in Paul's class according to some. Lol

Is it really true though? You brought this upon yourself g. You the one who said Wall averaged more pts rebs ast stls and blks knowing damn well it was a moot point bring up. You knew Wall didn't have a significant advantage in any of those categories but posted it anyway. Why did you do that :lol:

You the one that said Wall has a better record against the west than Paul does against the east when The Wizards have played the Lakers, The pelicans, The Jazz, and the Nuggets and a few others. Again why did you do that :lol: ? Don't double dutch into this ****. If you're going to say Wall is having a better year then that's fine, but don't act like a female when you've been proven wrong.

And as far as that TP thing goes, the rings and the finals mvp don't mean much in regards to whether or not he's better than Paul. He really isn't. But that's another topic for another time.

We don't wait for trains. 
What's laughable about Peja having his jersey retired in Sacramento? He's one of the best players in the franchise's history.
nearly 10 good years there. 

Thought I posted this ^ a couple of hours ago. 

That suggested East line up looks about right when I thought that Wade had missed way too many games. Butler has played in only 4 more games than Wade though so Wade will get the starting nod. Butler deserves it but Wade will get it. 

Saw this on yahoo....http://cleveland.suntimes.com/cle-sports/cleveland-cavaliers/7/91/68090/lebron-james-hair/

Originally Posted by lawdog1  

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom