The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.. most stars statistically peak in their early-mid 20s.

The thing is, great players even after they decline from their peak can maintain a high level of play for extended time. Tim Duncan is 38 still doing the same damn thing he was 10 years ago.

I think Lebron will put up nice 25/6/6 type numbers well into his 30s, BUT if he keeps playing like this he won't be the undisputed best player in the league anymore.

He'll arguably be the 3rd best player next year (think KD, Anthony Davis will be better)
Yall making all of these claims and statements after a few bad games and a new team? Dude still dominates. Hes still the best player in the NBA and will be the best player till he retires. Forget the scoring, dude is probably the smartest basketball player

Leave LeBooty alone. You can only deactivate chill mode so many times before you need to re-up on the juice. Takes a while for that medicine to get from South FL to Ohio with the weekend and holiday shipping times.

Spoke with my Grandpa for like 30 mins about the old NBA. He was saying how there's not many people in today's NBA have the "killer instinct" like guys did in the 70's & 80's.

Told me stories about he'd go to MSG and watch Barnett, Clyde, DeBusschere, Reed, etc. go 150% every damn play. Nobody would drive to the basket looking to be fouled; they wanted to score & win more than anything.

Crazy how much has changed.

Spoke with my Grandpa for like 30 mins about the old NBA. He was saying how there's not many people in today's NBA have the "killer instinct" like guys did in the 70's & 80's.

Told me stories about he'd go to MSG and watch Barnett, Clyde, DeBusschere, Reed, etc. go 150% every damn play. Nobody would drive to the basket looking to be fouled; they wanted to score & win more than anything.

Because your grandpa knows everything. Man please

You don't even have to go back that far....The 90'second was like that as well.

Playing reserved...
mean.gif

Complaining about the number of games and minutes..
mean.gif

Sitting out games...

Reading this dude Jermaine Oneal tweets... looks like he is primed to come to Dallas. Thank god... we need him

Spoke with my Grandpa for like 30 mins about the old NBA. He was saying how there's not many people in today's NBA have the "killer instinct" like guys did in the 70's they wanted to score

Playing reserved...:smh:

Complaining about the number of games and minutes..:smh:

Sitting out games...

Exactly. No one was sitting out because they didn't wanna be sore at their son's graduation. :smh:

Why say that?

Douche.
Because yall try to discredit how hard the current players work. B4 you say :Lebron "Chill Mode", these dudes work hard man. Stop trying to compare it. The players overall in the league are better than ever. They play hard. Sure they got some knuckle heads, but the league back then was a bunch of hood rat coke heads and baby daddys. The overall talent then SUCKED.

Your Grandpa is wrong.

Last edited:
Why say that?

Douche.

Because yall try to discredit how hard the current players work. B4 you say :Lebron "Chill Mode", these dudes work hard man. Stop trying to compare it. The players overall in the league are better than ever.

Your Grandpa is wrong.

Not taking anything away from today's players. They're the some of the best athletes in the world.

Just saying nobody had a "DNP: Rest" next to their name a lil while ago.

Not taking anything away from today's players. They're the some of the best athletes in the world.

Uhhh...yeah they did :lol:

I swear the revisionist history about the past in the NBA is crazy :lol:

Because yall try to discredit how hard the current players work. B4 you say :Lebron "Chill Mode", these dudes work hard man. Stop trying to compare it. The players overall in the league are better than ever.

Your Grandpa is wrong.

You know how nostalgia works, they dont believe in evolution

Yeah and how long did most of those old dudes career last? I mean Larry only played for 10 years bruh.

Why would you want to put the pressure on yourself for like 5 months?

When you start fast and get up in standings and cruise into the playoffs

Hes in the east, home court doesnt mean anything

& why would you start off fast instead of going into the postseason hot?

Because players aren't machines

Having the pressure to play hard for 50-60 games when everybody else is turning up their intensity too is really difficult

If you came out fast and got a big lead in standings when other teams are figuring themselves out you can rest your guys for the potential 28 playoff games

watch someone like CP3 or Tyson Chandler today complaining about contact that barely was there and tapes of guys from the 90s and earlier playing through contact like grown men are supposed to. There's a reason Jordan abused Kwame Brown in this quote
With the criticism mounting and his play getting worse, Brown became maddeningly frustrated, a kid convinced he was being repeatedly fouled in intrasquad scrimmages by two veterans, Christian Laettner and Jahidi White, who weren't quick enough, Brown believed, to stay with him. He would drive toward the basket and feel himself being bumped by a hard hip, sometimes losing the ball, infuriated the referees wouldn't blow a whistle. "That was a foul," he finally groaned.

Play stopped. There was an electric silence. A wide-eyed Jordan was walking toward him. "You (expletive) flaming (expletive)," Jordan exploded. "You don't get a foul call on a (expletive) little touch foul, you (expletive). You don't bring that (expletive) here. Get your (expletive) *** back on the floor and play. I don't want to hear that (expletive) out of you again. Get your *** back and play, you (expletive).
Guys back then were taught to fight through contact and try to finish not just draw enough contact to get a whistle blown.

yeah and those players also didn't play defense. so they rested on the court.

Because yall try to discredit how hard the current players work. B4 you say :Lebron "Chill Mode", these dudes work hard man. Stop trying to compare it. The players overall in the league are better than ever. They play hard. Sure they got some knuckle heads, but the league back then was a bunch of hood rat coke heads and baby daddys. The overall talent then SUCKED.

Your Grandpa is wrong.
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom