The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can u not see it? in the first fine harden takes off without dribbling out of a pivot. easy call for even a middle school ref. to break it down, just stare at his feet. establish his right foot as the pivot and then jabs with his left. takes off with his right foot THEN dribbles? too easy.

second one, dude slides into a stop lol. are u not aware u cant slide ur feet like that? he jumps onto his left the slides his back foot. only legal if hes now established his left as a pivot. he then dribbles out of that and steps back lol

nah.

you get a one step to gather dribble.

Harden stops his forward momentum and steps back as he gathers the basketball to shoot. Not a travel.

Last edited:
You don't pivot when you're executing a step back doe.

I hope you aren't a ref at any level because that's the way it is taught.
nah.

you get a one step gather to dribble.

Harden stops his forward momentum and steps back as he gathers the basketball to shoot. Not a travel.
dragging your foot is only legal if youve established a pivot. thats y i said its a travel. we all see him drag his right foot, then proceed to step back after that. because youre not allowed to slide your feet without it being a travel...what makes u think him dribbling after sliding his foot makes it legal? put it together, u can only slide if u establish a pivot. he then dribbles out. so, either he established a pivot and dribbled out (auto travel) or the slide itself wasn't legal. (travel)

and osh the way u described it is wrong u do not get 1 step to gather. cuz that implies i could take 2 steps then side step or stepback to gather my dribble. 

dragging your foot is only legal if youve established a pivot. thats y i said its a travel. we all see him drag his right foot, then proceed to step back after that. because youre not allowed to slide your feet without it being a travel...what makes u think him dribbling after sliding his foot makes it legal? put it together, u can only slide if u establish a pivot. he then dribbles out. so, either he established a pivot and dribbled out (auto travel) or the slide itself wasn't legal. (travel)

and osh the way u described it is wrong u do not get 1 step to gather. cuz that implies i could take 2 steps then side step or stepback to gather my dribble. 

Rule 9, Section XIII, Item (b): A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble, may take two steps in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball. A player who receives the ball while he is progressing must release the ball to start his dribble before his second step. The first step occurs when a foot, or both feet, touch the floor after gaining control of the ball.

harden has mastered the gather step.

you can see on this triple euro step, the first step is a gather step to control ball, then two seps.

or for exmaple chris paul step out

the same rule is aplied to step back, same rule apply to chris paul step out move. 1 step gather.

Last edited:
I'll have to check out the Curry video later on. 

Man...
pimp.gif

Last edited:
NBA is becoming hard to watch IMO. January was the first time since the 3 was added where more 3s were taken than free throws. Last night Dallas and GS shot 68 3s!

:lol:

2-6 with 4 Ls in a row makes the NBA hard to watch bruh.

Don't blame it on the 3s

:lol:

2-6 with 4 Ls in a row makes the NBA hard to watch bruh.

Don't blame it on the 3s

If you think the Wizards recent struggles are the reason behind my statement so be it. The league is devoid of post play. I personally like watching players like DMC and Zbo.

Rule 9, Section XIII, Item (b): A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble, may take two steps in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball. A player who receives the ball while he is progressing must release the ball to start his dribble before his second step. The first step occurs when a foot, or both feet, touch the floor after gaining control of the ball.

harden has mastered the gather step.

you can see on this triple euro step, the first step is a gather step to control ball, then two seps.

or for exmaple chris paul step out

the same rule is aplied to step back, same rule apply to chris paul step out move. 1 step gather.
i understand the rule perfectly. im actually very good at the euro and i have a nice handle. the thing is, WATCH the vine. really pay attention. dude steps/stops, slides back foot, and that entire time the ball is in his hand. then he dribbles steps and shoots. to be clean/legal, he wouldve had to step with his left, do the slide with his right, then rise up and shoot. the sliding foot killed everything. 

everybody knows if the ball isnt in your hand you can do whatever you want with your feet. but what the hell is a triple euro? lol u made that up. and cp3 isnt taking 3 steps. thats one step with the 2nd step being his gather. u said u get 1 step to gather as if u could just tack that on after your 2.

Last edited:
See man, why do you have to come in here and be snarky, especially when I was trying to help someone out.

Not only that ESPNs Highlight package rarely shows the entire play develop. People have been posting DawKins highlights in here long before your appearance breh. Long before the Atlanta Hawks started being good and you rode in your 2015 bandwagon spouting off at the mouth. You dont get to question the fabric of this thread.

Nope but watching these dudes jack from night to night is lame. Curry, Kover and other shooters I have no issue. This 3 shooting has become a league wide thing. Dudes who aren't 3 PT shooters have been jacking. I can't wait for the playoffs to see these teams get bounced.

Both teams combined to shoot over 42% from 3. That's modern day basketball.

You're sounding like Phil Jackson right now. Basketball is evolving bro, get with it.

See man, why do you have to come in here and be snarky, especially when I was trying to help someone out.

Not only that ESPNs Highlight package rarely shows the entire play develop. People have been posting DawKins highlights in here long before your appearance breh. Long before the Atlanta Hawks started being good and you rode in your 2015 bandwagon spouting off at the mouth. You dont get to question the fabric of this thread.
View media item 1386311

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom