The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both teams combined to shoot over 42% from 3. That's modern day basketball.

You're sounding like Phil Jackson right now. Basketball is evolving bro, get with it.

Like the Suns evolved the game with 0 chips to show for it? The sport will evolve when that style wins. You missed the lack of bigs point I made after that. I like watching DMC play. I wish more bigs had his game and mentality. The free throw/3 pointer thing I mentioned clearly shows how bad it's become. It's Euro league basketball.

Like the Suns evolved the game with 0 chips to show for it? The sport will evolve when that style wins. You missed the lack of bigs point I made after that. I like watching DMC play. I wish more bigs had his game and mentality. The free throw/3 pointer thing I mentioned clearly shows how bad it's become. It's Euro league basketball.

The last 3 champs were elite 3 point shooting teams. mavs, spurs, heat.

Spurs run the same stuff d'antoni ran, so do the heat, so do the mavs.

Last edited:

The last 3 champs were elite 3 point shooting teams. mavs, spurs, heat.
I had the displeasure of having the "90s basketball vs now" argument with my boys this morning who are adamant in saying that it was better back then, and one of them ended up using the "jump shooting teams dont win championships argument" I brought these three teams up, and apparently they dont count. Shrugs.

See man, why do you have to come in here and be snarky, especially when I was trying to help someone out.

Not only that ESPNs Highlight package rarely shows the entire play develop. People have been posting DawKins highlights in here long before your appearance breh. Long before the Atlanta Hawks started being good and you rode in your 2015 bandwagon spouting off at the mouth. You dont get to question the fabric of this thread.
I am perfectly calm, but thank you for your concern. I have no quarrel with you, unless you're deliberately trying to antagonize the thread for no apparent reason like you're doing now. You wanna talk about the Hawks, fine do that. Is it gonna antagonize some people because you're nonstop with it? Yeah but thats your team and you can rep them as you please and its on topic. But what you just did? Nah bro no need for that. Of course he knows what the ESPN app is. You sure didnt have a problem when you and TruePrada were posting Hawks propaganda day after day. There was no "Check the ESPN app" then was there? But someone posts one Steph Curry highlight video and suddenly its unnecessary in your eyes. Miss me with that nonsense.

Posting ITT is a privilege and while I dont have the power to do so, you can easily be banned from it cause its not hard to construe what you do as trolling. Like five people have been banned this year already and you're right at the top of everyones hate list so you can easily be next up. People have been banned for doing what you do in here before and from the site period (FREE DBD MAN), and these arent threats, just making you aware unless you want to be the lone person posting in the Atlanta Hawks season thread you need to chill. Just stop messing with the thread man.

/MiniModding

i hate that 90s vs now argument 

i had one yday as well 
mean.gif

Last edited:

I had the displeasure of having the "90s basketball vs now" argument with my boys this morning who are adamant in saying that it was better back then, and one of them ended up using the "jump shooting teams dont win championships argument" I brought these three teams up, and apparently they dont count. Shrugs.

I am perfectly calm, but thank you for your concern. I have no quarrel with you, unless you're deliberately trying to antagonize the thread for no apparent reason like you're doing now. You wanna talk about the Hawks, fine do that. Is it gonna antagonize some people because you're nonstop with it? Yeah but thats your team and you can rep them as you please and its on topic. But what you just did? Nah bro no need for that. Of course he knows what the ESPN app is. You sure didnt have a problem when you and TruePrada were posting Hawks propaganda day after day. There was no "Check the ESPN app" then was there? But someone posts one Steph Curry highlight video and suddenly its unnecessary in your eyes. Miss me with that nonsense.

Posting ITT is a privilege and while I dont have the power to do so, you can easily be banned from it cause its not hard to construe what you do as trolling. Like five people have been banned this year already and you're right at the top of everyones hate list so you can easily be next up. People have been banned for doing what you do in here before and from the site period (FREE DBD MAN), and these arent threats, just making you aware unless you want to be the lone person posting in the Atlanta Hawks season thread you need to chill. Just stop messing with the thread man.

/MiniModding
m2pqoPX.gif

90s basketball degenerated into isolation garbage and defensive thuggary.

Do you really want to watch Charles barkley back down his man on one side of the court for 15 seconds or would you rather watch the spurs, hawks dismantle teams with beautiful passing and team play?

Spurs and Mavs had a post presence in both series wins over MIA. If the jumper is everything then why do so many people say Bogut is key to GS? How many people here have ATL winning it all at this moment?

Do you really want to watch Charles barkley back down his man on one side of the court for 15 seconds or would you rather watch the spurs, hawks dismantle teams with beautiful passing and team play?

i hate that 90s vs now argument 

i had one yday as well 
mean.gif

BUT BUT BUT Teams in the 90s were tougher! They actually played hard nose defense!!! Theres no real defense in the NBA now!! Zone is for lazy people! etc etc etc blah blah blah.

Spurs and Mavs had a post presence in both series wins over MIA. If the jumper is everything then why do so many people say Bogut is key to GS? How many people here have ATL winning it all at this moment?

bogut is the key to the defence. ie rim protection.

also Al horford is a very good post player.

atlanta's defense is the question, they have solid rim protection but no great.

Kevin Hart, Ansel Elgort and Other Stars to Compete in the All-Star Celebrity Game

Meet the stars who can act and ball!

Celebrities including Kevin Hart, Ansel Elgort and Nick Cannon will compete in next week's NBA All-Star Celebrity Game, the NBA announced.

Also on-hand to compete will be "Blackish" star Anthony Anderson, Common, Arcade Fire's Win Butler, Chadwick Boseman, comedian Michael Rapaport, Bollywood star Abhishek Bachchan, and NBA TV co-host Kristen Ledlow.

Athletes, including little league phenom Mo'Ne Davis, former NBA All-Star and New York Knicks Assistant General Manager Allan Houston, Basketball Hall of Famer Chris Mullin, gold medal-winning U.S. Paralympic athlete Blake Leeper, Memphis Grizzlies’ owner Robert Pera, and WNBA stars Shoni Schimmel, Skylar Diggins, and Tina Charles, will also play.

The teams will be coached by New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony and Spike Lee, along with "Mike & Mike" hosts Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg.

Meanwhile, Keke Palmer will sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" before the game, while MAGIC! will perform "Rude" at halftime.

The game, which will be played at Madison Square Garden in New York City, will be televised on ESPN at 7 p.m. ET. on Feb. 13.
No Arne Duncan. :smh:

What does team play and passing have to do with shooting 3s?

So watching DMC play is boring to you?

Forget harden's footwork and talk about the blatant push off. Jimmy beats him to the spot both times and harden just shoves him. I hate that ****
Sidenote: Boozer is still hilarious with the **** he yells out during the games :lol:

I want to re-sign Booz strictly for this reason.

Last edited:
What does team play and passing have to do with shooting 3s?

So watching DMC play is boring to you?

You have to be able to shoot 3's the space the court, if you can't do it, teams will shut you down in the playoffs.

no watching Demarcus is quite fun, because he's so good and he can do it within the flow of the offense, and he's a great passer but in the 90 and early 2000 this degenerated into every possession was about attacking some 1 on 1 isolation match up.

The NBA is as fun for me to watch now as it's ever been. Even more this year because I don't see a clear favorite. I really feel like anybody can lose night in and night out.

See man, why do you have to come in here and be snarky, especially when I was trying to help someone out.

Not only that ESPNs Highlight package rarely shows the entire play develop. People have been posting DawKins highlights in here long before your appearance breh. Long before the Atlanta Hawks started being good and you rode in your 2015 bandwagon spouting off at the mouth. You dont get to question the fabric of this thread.
Well, damb

The Dawkins highlights are always appreciated and should continue to be posted

Lol at the notion that Sportscenter puts on anywhere near the package of highlights Dawkins does

Okc reminds me so much of the shaq/kobe lakers in their last days. If you didn't know any better you'd think they have a chance but that team is done for good. Durant as Shaquille with his jankey feet. Russ playing like he's on trial and could get locked up any day now. All for it to go down in flames at season's end

Last edited:
Okc reminds me so much of the shaq/kobe lakers in their last days. If you didn't know any better you'd think they have a chance but that team is done for good. Durant as Shaquille with his jankey feet. Russ playing like he's on trial and could get locked up any day now. All for it to go down in flames at season's end
Breh, the Lakers still won 56 games and finished 2nd in the conference and made the NBA finals

This OKC team is nothing like that Laker team 

:rofl: Yikes

defensive thuggery is such an eloquent, accurate term for what went on back then :lol:

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat I'm not looking at it in a vacuum tho, not a strict 1:1 comparison. I'm talking about things like relying too heavily on their superstars and picking up below average role players (Devean george/medvedenko/Brian cook). The shift from invincibility to vulnerability. Chemistry issues, people thinking they have a chance because they show flashes but they really don't, it's just a flash. Just a vibe man, not always about strict numbers and logic, just the vibe they give off and certain circumstances that signal this is the end for them.

Last edited:
Osh, I do think that when you say Atlanta's "rim protection is solid, but no great" we're basically talking about weaknesses here and when that's somebody commenting on your weaknesses then we should all take that as a sign of how good these Atlanta Hawks might actually be. The comments/numbers scattered everywhere suggest so, even if our prior experience makes it seem strange.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom