The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%. It's why I can't understand when dudes on here argue against the charge call. How the hell are you supposed to play defense if your man is allowed to run thru you or push off even when you beat him to the spot. Completely defeats the purpose of staying in front of your man. Whenever dudes push off I instantly foul right back, I don't play that ****
laugh.gif
. You aint fooling these people into believing you just broke me down like that
RHYMES-PASSES-OUT.gif

Okc is the only team with two top 5 players.

Okc in current state > ATL/GSW

Miami had two top-10 players last year (Bosh's FG%-FT%-ability to shoot three-effect his ability to shoot the three had on the offense) and how did that turn out? It's important that people don't get caught up in the false notion that two superstars/stars can beat a very good team on their merit alone.

I think Shumpert would draw the defensive assignment of chasing Korver around everywhere. Don't think the Cavs wanna expel Brons energy on chasing Kyle. Prob match Lebron up with Millsap on D. Kyrie on Teague. Mosgov on Al (mismatch). That would leave Love guarding Carroll which he can't cause he's too slow. Unless your gonna put Kevin on Millsap which is a mismatch for Love. And then there is the bench. And Lebron is still Lebron.

I had the displeasure of having the "90s basketball vs now" argument with my boys this morning who are adamant in saying that it was better back then, and one of them ended up using the "jump shooting teams dont win championships argument" I brought these three teams up, and apparently they dont count. Shrugs.

I am perfectly calm, but thank you for your concern. I have no quarrel with you, unless you're deliberately trying to antagonize the thread for no apparent reason like you're doing now. You wanna talk about the Hawks, fine do that. Is it gonna antagonize some people because you're nonstop with it? Yeah but thats your team and you can rep them as you please and its on topic. But what you just did? Nah bro no need for that. Of course he knows what the ESPN app is. You sure didnt have a problem when you and TruePrada were posting Hawks propaganda day after day. There was no "Check the ESPN app" then was there? But someone posts one Steph Curry highlight video and suddenly its unnecessary in your eyes. Miss me with that nonsense.

Posting ITT is a privilege and while I dont have the power to do so, you can easily be banned from it cause its not hard to construe what you do as trolling. Like five people have been banned this year already and you're right at the top of everyones hate list so you can easily be next up. People have been banned for doing what you do in here before and from the site period (FREE DBD MAN), and these arent threats, just making you aware unless you want to be the lone person posting in the Atlanta Hawks season thread you need to chill. Just stop messing with the thread man.

/MiniModding
m2pqoPX.gif

rockbottom is still so ill. straight g move. or when he'd slide across the floor and dropp the people's elbow. swag swag.

Kevin Hart, Ansel Elgort and Other Stars to Compete in the All-Star Celebrity Game

Meet the stars who can act and ball!

Celebrities including Kevin Hart, Ansel Elgort and Nick Cannon will compete in next week's NBA All-Star Celebrity Game, the NBA announced.

Also on-hand to compete will be "Blackish" star Anthony Anderson, Common, Arcade Fire's Win Butler, Chadwick Boseman, comedian Michael Rapaport, Bollywood star Abhishek Bachchan, and NBA TV co-host Kristen Ledlow.

Athletes, including little league phenom Mo'Ne Davis, former NBA All-Star and New York Knicks Assistant General Manager Allan Houston, Basketball Hall of Famer Chris Mullin, gold medal-winning U.S. Paralympic athlete Blake Leeper, Memphis Grizzlies’ owner Robert Pera, and WNBA stars Shoni Schimmel, Skylar Diggins, and Tina Charles, will also play.

The teams will be coached by New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony and Spike Lee, along with "Mike & Mike" hosts Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg.

Meanwhile, Keke Palmer will sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" before the game, while MAGIC! will perform "Rude" at halftime.

The game, which will be played at Madison Square Garden in New York City, will be televised on ESPN at 7 p.m. ET. on Feb. 13.
No Arne Duncan. :smh:

without Arne game is going to blow. kevin hart corny *** gonna get mvp again. at least put one or two real hoopers in there. romeo did pretty good i think. maybe bhris brown. no lie, skylar diggins..i wouldn't pull out.

I think Shumpert would draw the defensive assignment of chasing Korver around everywhere. Don't think the Cavs wanna expel Brons energy on chasing Kyle. Prob match Lebron up with Millsap on D. Kyrie on Teague. Mosgov on Al (mismatch). That would leave Love guarding Carroll which he can't cause he's too slow. Unless your gonna put Kevin on Millsap which is a mismatch for Love. And then there is the bench. And Lebron is still Lebron.

milsap would devour lebron like david west and booser did.

I can definitely see Robert Pera going hard after celeb game MVP.

private jet to germany before the gm to get that body in top shape

if i had that money, i'd be practicing like the pros as well :lol:

Last edited:
When I'm guarding somebody, I don't play percentages. I hate analytics and Synergy because a lot of times I've heard a coach say, "This guy can't shoot, he can't do this, he can't do that." And he's the one that ends up hurting us.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Leave that ish for the nerds, players see the game differently

[/quote]
Too lazy to verify, but I am almost positive during this win streak for the Cavs they are simply outscoring teams, not defending them all that well.

Then tonight should be another high scoring game, since the Clippers like to play with pace and score a lot points. That said, their offense is definitely not as good without Reddick and he's doubtful for tonight. Either way, I'm expecting an entertaining game.

but what if your best player isn't in singular form, but is actually your entire team as a whole working together? I'd say he's in trouble then aye?

Yeah. If the Hawks continue to run their system in the playoffs, they don't need one go-to guy. Milsap, Horford, Korver and Teague potentially could all hit big shots. Just like the Spurs last year. It wasn't always Duncan, TP, Kawahi or Manu hitting big shots. Got them from Green, Diaw, etc. too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom