The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the Spurs are still #1 when fully healthy. Their toughest challenge along with OKC is winning every single series on the road (unless they end up in the top 4 somehow).

OKC will eventually get themselves together and lock up a playoff spot, but I think they have other issues that still need to be handled. Their reliance on Russ and KD, their coaching and what happens to Reggie. Considering Reggie single handedly won Game 4 for them against Memphis to prevent a 3-1 deficit makes me happy to know he may be traded. I definitely don't see Waiters in the same light.

GSW is still up in the air for me. I think this 2nd half of the season will say a lot more about them than any other team thats considered contenders. They went from being a possible fringe contender/ fun, young exciting up and coming team to the #1 contender in the NBA in a lot of people's eyes. I really think their year will be next season more so than this season.

My only concern with Memphis right now is health and whether or not Vince Carter will revert back to the VC from Dallas. Also, picking up additional front court help like Blatche. I think they are one of the few well balanced teams in the league after acquiring Green. But, this team has not been healthy the last 3 years of the playoffs.

No I didn't, I didn't reference any of their previous seasons like you keep running back to

I'm talking about this specific roster, you damn homer

the Mavs track record of winning with drastically different rosters over the years says they apparently know what they're doing, so why is THIS YEAR any different...

GSW is still up in the air for me. I think this 2nd half of the season will say a lot more about them than any other team thats considered contenders. They went from being a possible fringe contender/ fun, young exciting up and coming team to the #1 contender in the NBA in a lot of people's eyes. I really think their year will be next season more so than this season.

It's funny because I feel the opposite about gsw. If they don't do it this year I can't see them doing it at all. This is like the perfect storm for them

the Mavs track record of winning with drastically different rosters over the years says they apparently know what they're doing, so why is THIS YEAR any different...

Winning what?

Last edited:
They've never had this many big names to mesh together, never had this many ball dominant players. Chemistry could be hard to come by

But like I said originally, they are doing the best they can with what they have. I am not mad at them for the moves they've made, they pretty much had to do something considering how strong the west is

If you wouldn't be so offended by every question folks have about your team you would have read that part

Last edited:
History says spurs never repeat, i dont think they're the team to beat
History says a lot of things, doesn't mean squat

But if you don't think they're the team to beat, I won't argue that. There seems to be a much more open vibe about the season, like it's more up for grabs as it's been in a while

What does that have to do with the playoffs? :lol:

Nobody is thinking about being the face of the NBA.

what is wrong with yall ****** tonight lol..

this Warriors team has never been in this position before.. to be expected to make the Finals by the all star break

so the stage fright is performing in the playoffs when records are tossed out the window and the season is on the line... core guys have little to no deep playoff experience if I'm not mistaken..

They've never had this many big names to mesh together, never had this many ball dominant players. Chemistry could be hard to come by

But like I said originally, they are doing the best they can with what they have. I am not mad at them for the moves they've made, they pretty much had to do something considering how strong the west is

If you wouldn't be so offended by every question folks have about your team you would have read that part

I responded to the "see what sticks" comment..

What you said wasn't at all accurate and I brought up facts that proved the opposite..

the bottom line is they put together good teams.. you keep going back to "big names", which is totally irrelevant.... the names don't matter when you have faith in who built the roster...

Trade deadline is 2-1/2 days away, and it looks like Sam Presti is going to stick with Kendrick Perkins through the entire contract when his team is fighting for a playoff spot.

I literally cannot believe it.

I responded to the "see what sticks" comment..

What you said wasn't at all accurate and I brought up facts that proved the opposite..

the bottom line is they put together good teams.. you keep going back to "big names", which is totally irrelevant.... the names don't matter when you have faith in who built the roster...
You brought up squat, outside of being a homer. Never said this wasn't a good team either

What does that have to do with the playoffs? :lol:

Nobody is thinking about being the face of the NBA.

what is wrong with yall ****** tonight lol..

this Warriors team has never been in this position before.. to be expected to make the Finals by the all star break

so the stage fright is performing in the playoffs when records are tossed out the window and the season is on the line... core guys have little to no deep playoff experience if I'm not mistaken..

You know this from experience? :lol:

Stop trying to act like you have a clue what's going to happen in June. Lol stage fright

You brought up squat, outside of being a homer. Never said this wasn't a good team either

yeah.. only on NT is building quality teams with a different core since 2000 (50+ wins 12x) not enough to dispute a comment about building an experiment..

it's your world b.

ita true though. complaceny at its best. when some tough team gut checks curry and play dough clay. theyll crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom