The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend came in aggressive as hell :lol:

Come on for that 8th spot nd catch that 1st round fade....

With Westbrook averaging 30 in the series

kevin-durant-russell-westbrook.jpg_51f080dca28eef97e0a9eea2c258dcb5

Some people have been talking about the Mavericks record against the West Playoff teams in 2011. We were 10-16. Of those sixteen losses, four were blowouts (10 or more). Nine of those sixteen were five or more point losses.

Then the Playoffs hit. And we lost three games on the way to the Finals (two against Portland, and one against the Thunder). That's 12-3. Of the three teams we played in the WC, they had a combined 5-5. Dead even.

Flash forward to this year. Now with Rondo, we’ve played seven teams that are in the West playoff hunt. San Antonio, Phoenix, OKC, LAC, Memphis twice, and Houston.

+6 against SA, -9 against PHO. +5 against OKC. -20 against LAC. +8 against MEM. -19 against MEM. -5 against HOU.

All of those kind of things, I feel like are correctable, especially in a seven-game series.

I trust Rick enough in the Playoffs. If there's anything I've learned under Rick Carlisle as coach, is that he's going to play his rotations and have his guys ready when the time is right. Again, like some of the dudes have stated, like over-performing against the Spurs last year when were slept in the regular season by them.

I really want to see how we fair against Golden State in a few weeks with Rondo and Amare on board. I want to see Rondo guard Steph and see what they do to try and contain Klay.

That 2011 record might be deceiving. Pretty sure that Mav squad was lowkey dominant when Dirk was healthy. They were pretty bad when the squad wasn't at full health. That might explain the 10-16 record. Would like to see the record with Dirk in the lineup.

That 2011 record might be deceiving. Pretty sure that Mav squad was lowkey dominant when Dirk was healthy. They were pretty bad when the squad wasn't at full health. That might explain the 10-16 record. Would like to see the record with Dirk in the lineup.

Dirk missed 8 games.

Dirk missed nine games that year.

Portland:
G1 win with Dirk, shooting 7/14.
G2 win without Dirk.
G3 lose with Dirk, shooting 9/14.
G4 lose with Dirk, shooting 5/12.

LAL:
G1 win with Dirk, shooting 5/15.
G2 loss with Dirk, shooting 10/19.
G3 loss with Dirk, shooting 10/20.

Hornets:
G1 win with Dirk, 7/12.
G2 loss with Dirk, 11/19.
G3 loss with Dirk, 10/18.
G4 win with Dirk, 10/21.

Grizzlies:
G1 loss with Dirk, 11/15.
G2 win with Dirk, 10/15.
G3 loss with Dirk, 2/7.
G4 loss with Dirk, 9/17.

Spurs:
G1 win with Dirk, 12/14.
G2 loss without Dirk.
G3 loss without Dirk.
G4 loss with Dirk, 10/16.

Thunder:
G1 win with Dirk, 9/15.
G2 win with Dirk, 4/6 (left game after playing 12 minutes).
G3 loss without Dirk.

Nuggets:
G1 win with Dirk, 15/31.
G2 loss with Dirk, 7/15.
G3 loss with Dirk, 5/10.
G4 loss with Dirk, 9/16.

So they were 2-3 without Dirk. That means 8-13 with him. Not a good record regardless of whether the played or not.

Stoudemire is huge for Dallas. He would be for any West 10 team.
Washed my ***. 

I think he's far from washed. I don't even think his knees bothered him this season. I think he wanted rest for a moment like this. He knew that PJax wasn't going to bring him back. His thinking maybe was along the lines that he knows he doesn't have too much left in those knees, so if he's going out and putting it on the line then he can do that in the playoffs. All the more power to him.

Stat went be healthy come playoffs. Look at his record the past 5 seasons.
He was basically getting a free lunch with the Knicks.
And yes, I am a disgruntled Knicks fan

Man if you cant see the value of getting a player like Amare for the vet min at that, then IDK what to tell you.

As washed as we say stat is that's a steal. Think of vet minimum players, none of them can do what he has the ability to do. Easy gamble that can't hurt. I think eventually him n rondo will flourish with the pick n roll/pop

Never said it was financially a bad move. Just said Amare been washed. Glad my team didn't sign him.
Just saying someone is washed isnt a means for a good argument. You cant look at something like this in a vacuum.  Someone who is far more talented than the veteran min, is singing for the veteran min. You would be thrilled if your team signed him, it brings absolutely no negatives whatsoever.
He can help any team in the NBA right now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom