The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
if tmac didnt get bounced in the first round every year there would be people who consider him the best of his era

same applies to chris paul, you cant be the best at anything without playoff success. you dont play basketball for stats, you play it for that W

if tmac didnt get bounced in the first round every year there would be people who consider him the best of his era

same applies to chris paul, you cant be the best at anything without playoff success. you dont play basketball for stats, you play it for that W

Repped.

But seriously. CP3 is GREAT. GREAT PG. Best of this era. Let him live. Enjoy the time we have with him because he won't be here forever. 

No, **** him, and the sooner he retires the better.

Won't miss his flopping *** one bit.

CP3 ain't been 'top of his position' for years. Most overrated player on NT.

He can't be that overrated when a lot dudes on here hate him with a passion. :lol:

I personally would rank CP3 above Steve Nash. That is just me. You could go either way though. Flip of the coin. 
Nash really only had a dominant 4 year stretch, CP was dominant for longer. Wouldn't have any problems there.

T-Mac had a 2-3 year stretch he was just as good as Kobe.

I hate going down this road again but

What CP3 lead team lost in a series in which they were the clear cut favorites?

Plus, are we blaming him for his team's lack of deep playoff success?

Basketball is a team game. I have never been on board with the blame the best player mentality. 

But yall can have that discussion. I tap out if we are bringing up playoff success as a way to discredit his body of work. 

I personally would rank CP3 above Steve Nash. That is just me. You could go either way though. Flip of the coin. 
Nash really only had a dominant 4 year stretch, CP was dominant for longer. Wouldn't have any problems there.

Chris Paul has never been dominant. Empty stats =/= domination.

them phx suns teams accomplished so much more than any cp squad.
two-time mvp (whether you thought kobe/timmy deserved it, nash still won them)

cp still a top 15 pg

Last edited:
Can we agree that those Suns teams were more talented than CP3 lead teams around that time?

nash has been part of over half of the greatest offenses in NBA history, the suns were considered the best team in the league for multiple years. they were a lottery team before nash came, and back then nash was running an all time great offense in dallas. 

chris paul on the clippers is just another average playoff team, other than blake and deandre's dunks no one will remember or care about this team in 5 years much like the 2009 hawks

No one has ever looked at a Chris Paul basketball team and honestly said "man, this team could win a title."
people keep saying things like "cant blame chris paul for not winning when his team isnt good enough to win a championship"

if he was a better player then his team would be good enough to win a championship

nash has been part of over half of the greatest offenses in NBA history, the suns were considered the best team in the league for multiple years. they were a lottery team before nash came, and back then nash was running an all time great offense in dallas. 
So are we going to act like Steve Nash coming to PHO was the only personnel/developmental move that caused them to go from lottery to a serious threat? 

Can we agree that those Suns teams were more talented than CP3 lead teams around that time?

absolutely, but his clips squad have no excuses. it's chip or bust type seasons when you got that talent

Last edited:
It isn't a FAIR opinion. You can have an opinion on it because you weren't of a capable mind to experience everything that came with watching that player. Understanding a player's greatness is more than just watching film. Being alive for their cultural importance also plays a part.

Someone born in 2003, has NO idea how important Jordan was to the WORLD. Yea they can watch games, clips, buy his shoes for $270. But they didn't get the WHOLE picture.

So to answer your question, having an opinion on something you weren't there for is an incomplete opinion
Is this just for sports or do you feel the same about giving about an opinion about anything you havent seen? Is our opinion on the Beattles not fair or whether a past President was a good one not fair either? You sound like one of those older dudes who want to discredit everything about the new era and unfairly praise the past era and don't want to hear any debate.

people keep saying things like "cant blame chris paul for not winning when his team isnt good enough to win a championship"

if he was a better player then his team would be good enough to win a championship
We have to stop thinking about team pro sports in this manner man. It really is frustrating to see people feel this way. As if it is THAT simple of an equation. If he were better, the team would have been better and beat better teams.

Is this just for sports or do you feel the same about giving about an opinion about anything you havent seen? Is our opinion on the Beattles not fair or whether a past President was a good one not fair either? You sound like one of those older dudes who want to discredit everything about the new era and unfairly praise the past era and don't want to hear any debate.
I feel that way for anything. If you were not there to experience a talent in their time on top, your opinion on the subject is incomplete. It is really a simple concept.

I don't discredit anyone. If you have read ANYTHING in this thread, you would see that the part that I crossed out is nowhere near what I have been saying. Nice try though. 

So are we going to act like Steve Nash coming to PHO was the only personnel/developmental move that caused them to go from lottery to a serious threat? 
not only but by far the biggest reason, and he has two MVPs to show for it

people bring up how nash was only good for 4 years, even in 2010 he lead his team to being two wins away from the finals. 2010.. isnt that the "chris paul era" yet a far superior pg is out there leading his team way farther than cp has ever gone at the age of 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom