The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nash played with a hall of fame talent at the time in Amar'e Stoudemire. CP never had that luxury in NOLA
laugh.gif
would you say blake is as good of a player as amare?

he's been with blake for 3 years now

people keep saying things like "cant blame chris paul for not winning when his team isnt good enough to win a championship"

if he was a better player then his team would be good enough to win a championship
We have to stop thinking about team pro sports in this manner man. It really is frustrating to see people feel this way. As if it is THAT simple of an equation. If he were better, the team would have been better and beat better teams.
its sad that these days people care more about stats than championships. winshares are more important than actual wins. anything to give everyone a participation medal and a pat on the back.

not only but by far the biggest reason, and he has two MVPs to show for it

people bring up how nash was only good for 4 years, even in 2010 he lead his team to being two wins away from the finals. 2010.. isnt that the "chris paul era" yet a far superior pg is out there leading his team way farther than cp has ever gone at the age of 35
I love Nash but that statement isn't something you can honestly quantify to say with such assurance. I believe the development of Amare, the leadership of D'Antoni, and the shooters that were surrounding Nash all played an equal role in the success of the Suns. Without any one of those things, that team would probably not have been as successful.

Again, I love Nash. And I already said that him vs. CP3 can go either way. Not mad at anyone that says Nash. I can see the argument for either side.

Nash played with a hall of fame talent at the time in Amar'e Stoudemire. CP never had that luxury in NOLA
laugh.gif
would you say blake is as good of a player as amare?

he's been with blake for 3 years now
no but he's not a slouch either. i can't get on cp for the clippers failures so far. they need better wings. thats whats holding them back.
it is very rare to find a perfect team with no flaws, you could say they need better _____ for any championship team

thats what star players are for, they make up for your team's weaknesses. the heat lacked size but lebron's greatness overcame that. not many people considered the mavs a real contender by dirk played out of his mind and carried his team to a championship. if chris paul would have outplayed westbrook last year the clippers would have not lost in the 2nd round

its strange how people will blame guys like kobe, melo, lebron and kd for their teams shortcomings but when it comes to pgs its always "they just were not good enough to win" 

all this cp slander...are we not gonna tombout the cavs/knicks game? bron vs melo lance thomas matchup

Last edited:

its sad that these days people care more about stats than championships. winshares are more important than actual wins. anything to give everyone a participation medal and a pat on the back.
But there can only be one winner. And NBA history shows that that one winner doesn't change that often. So for us to consider everyone that doesn't "win" as being AT FAULT, doesn't make much sense honestly. Everytime someone loses, it doesn't mean the loser is AT FAULT. The winner could have just been a better team, something we tend to dismiss in pro sports.

I ask again, IN WHICH SERIES, has a CP3 lead team, lost to an opponent in the playoffs

And who are you referring to as people caring more about stats? Me? Even though I haven't brought up a single statistic in this conversation?

"a far superior pg"
roll.gif

I worry about you. This misinformed contempt is not healthy.
classic cp defense

"im going to comment on the fact that i dont like what you said rather than coming up with an actual argument because i cant"

we get that you like the guy, accept that he's not that good

it is very rare to find a perfect team with no flaws, you could say they need better _____ for any championship team

thats what star players are for, they make up for your team's weaknesses. the heat lacked size but lebron's greatness overcame that. not many people considered the mavs a real contender by dirk played out of his mind and carried his team to a championship. if chris paul would have outplayed westbrook last year the clippers would have not lost in the 2nd round

its strange how people will blame guys like kobe, melo, lebron and kd for their teams shortcomings but when it comes to pgs its always "they just were not good enough to win" 
Correct. Star players elevate the play of their teammates, but there is always going to be a limit to that elevation

And I don't blame LeBron, KD or Melo either. Basketball is a TEAM sport. If a team doesn't succeed it is usually because the TEAM isn't good enough. Not being the "star" player isn't a big enough star. I mean I can't even understand why people buy into that logic. 

You guys are letting a troll hook you guys again :smh: :lol:

Just let him go back to "wash your face b" jokes and let's move on.

I ask again, IN WHICH SERIES, has a CP3 lead team, lost to an opponent in the playoffs
umm most of them?

what are you trying to ask here.

there are a lot of factors that go into winning and losing a series, but if we look at this years playoffs.. if cp and blake play better than the other teams star players they will probably almost always win the series. 

if cp and blake would have outplayed kd and westbrook they would have won the series

if harden and dwight would have outplayed dame and LA then they would have won the series

the reason why the clippers will never go far is because their two stars are not better than the other teams two stars

Correct. Star players elevate the play of their teammates, but there is always going to be a limit to that elevation

And I don't blame LeBron, KD or Melo either. Basketball is a TEAM sport. If a team doesn't succeed it is usually because the TEAM isn't good enough. Not being the "star" player isn't a big enough star. I mean I can't even understand why people buy into that logic. 
thats exactly my point, cp's limit is way shorter than a guy like lebron or magic or kobe or even kd

if we are talking pgs ill throw westbrook, jason kidd and nash on that list too 

@sea manup

We can just end the discussion here because we have different ideas of what it takes a team to be successful.

I believe the entire team performing well, role players included, pushes a team toward victory.

From what I am gathering, you believe it rests on the shoulders of the star players.

I can't agree with that. You are entitled to your thoughts though. Respect 

thats exactly my point, cp's limit is way shorter than a guy like lebron or magic or kobe or even kd

if we are talking pgs ill throw westbrook, jason kidd and nash on that list too 
CP3's limit is shorter because his teammates have traditionally been less talented, as a whole.

That is what I have been trying to explain to you.

so has chris paul and he still hasnt done anything of relevance in the nba

time to admit that you're wrong about your boy
When you make statements like THIS, it kind of shows me where your head is when discussing this topic. Good to know

F all this Chris Paul talk.

David ******* Stockton played in an NBA game. :smh:

Does George Karl know John Stockton or something? What is going on?

Chris paul needs teammates that are better than him. If he's the best player on your team the end result speak for itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom