The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody said not to teach history though.

But how can YOU (impersonal) say something is better than something else when you have only experienced one of those things on a conscious level? And not to mention those two things were born into two vastly different situations.

Anything pre-80s is seriously in a completely different world/time
So anything pre 80s in the NBA if u weren't there to see it happen you can't have an opinion on it?

[Video]Austin Rivers Full Highlights 2015.02.21 vs Kings - 28 Pts, Career-HIGH!:

Austin rivers is the new jamal crawford
David stockton is the new austin rivers[/Video]
[Video]

:lol:

Bruh David Stockton doesnt belong in the league, getting straight raped out there.[/video]

So anything pre 80s in the NBA if u weren't there to see it happen you can't have an opinion on it?
It isn't a FAIR opinion. You can have an opinion on it because you weren't of a capable mind to experience everything that came with watching that player. Understanding a player's greatness is more than just watching film. Being alive for their cultural importance also plays a part.

Someone born in 2003, has NO idea how important Jordan was to the WORLD. Yea they can watch games, clips, buy his shoes for $270. But they didn't get the WHOLE picture.

So to answer your question, having an opinion on something you weren't there for is an incomplete opinion

what if you watch a lot of old game tapes? where does that stand in the discussion?
It only is part of the whole picture.

Take wrestling for example. Someone that is 24 today can talk about how great the Rock is/was and how he is the biggest star in WWE history. But, how can they HONESTLY make that statement if they weren't alive for Bruno, Hogan, or Andre?

My point is, era based discussions usually have too much of a generational bias for the argument to seriously go anywhere. 

It isn't a FAIR opinion. You can have an opinion on it because you weren't of a capable mind to experience everything that came with watching that player. Understanding a player's greatness is more than just watching film. Being alive for their cultural importance also plays a part.

Someone born in 2003, has NO idea how important Jordan was to the WORLD. Yea they can watch games, clips, buy his shoes for $270. But they didn't get the WHOLE picture.

So to answer your question, having an opinion on something you weren't there for is an incomplete opinion

ive never understood this stance on sports either...fools bring up jim brown like they really seen him play. makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
ask yourself this...do you really think he watched film on Oscar and all the other old school players?

like lets be serious.
Of course I don't.
laugh.gif

Clips, yea. Maybe a full game, if he is a dedicated basketball historian.

Unless you are getting paid for it, you aren't going back to watch multiple FULL games of dudes from anything before the 80s.

what if you watch a lot of old game tapes? where does that stand in the discussion?
It only is part of the whole picture.

Take wrestling for example. Someone that is 24 today can talk about how great the Rock is/was and how he is the biggest star in WWE history. But, how can they HONESTLY make that statement if they weren't alive for Bruno, Hogan, or Andre?

My point is, era based discussions usually have too much of a generational bias for the argument to seriously go anywhere. 
wrestling is fake b

no problem? both were baloney franchises and it's not like there's much say anyway.

For real, he had no choice plus he's on a team where he's clearly the best player and put up as much shots as he wants.

28 in 26 minutes with ONE turnover at that.

Dude went from out the league to instant offense. I dont see why he cant have a jamal crawford like 6 man career. Jis know your job is to get buckets.
View media item 1414550

:rofl:

Of course I don't. :lol:

Clips, yea. Maybe a full game, if he is a dedicated basketball historian.

Unless you are getting paid for it, you aren't going back to watch multiple FULL games of dudes from anything before the 80s.
Of course u can assume whatever u want. I disagree with your opinion tho but i respect your POV.

I agree. Sorry.

But seriously. CP3 is GREAT. GREAT PG. Best of this era. Let him live. Enjoy the time we have with him because he won't be here forever. 
I never said he wasn't great. He def is great. But he's not a top 5 pg of all time in my opinion. Not as of right now anyway. Which is all I was commenting on. Which someone said he was a top 5 pg of all time.

I personally would rank CP3 above Steve Nash. That is just me. You could go either way though. Flip of the coin. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom