The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clippers man. CP and DJ.

CP not top 5 all time? He's proving why he is who he is.

Like page 230 of the offseason thread my thoughts were, trade Blake, keep DJ, and that's the rebuild.

Anyway, Clips are balling, happy for shoeking and erupt and even **** head *** lawdog. Eat

Um, thanks?

Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, Walt Frazier, John Stockton, Jason Kidd, Gary Peyton, Zeke Thomas all better pgs than Chris Paul. CP top 10 tho. Just in my opinion.

Last edited:
CP not top 5 all time? He's proving why he is who he is.

Not sure anyone would agree with that statement. Top 5 all time WHAT.

He is a great talent. One of the best PG's of all time. I love watching his mid-range game and how he leads his teams. But not sure we can put him Top 5 all time at that position

Gordon, and now Austin Rivers?

:sees self out:

Free A.D.

Edit: David Stockton, man. It is borderline offensive that he is in the league. He didn't belong on a division-one college team, either. Funny how that works.

Last edited:
wowwwwwwwwww dude looked pathetic out there 
mean.gif
 ........I can't even laugh at how terrible he looked 

He would get handled in the South Korean league 

Last edited:
I feel like I've been saying this a lot in recent years, but this is a bad season for injuries/illnesses. Maybe there hasn't been more, but they've been weirder with Bosh blood clot and Blake staph infection.

I feel like I've been saying this a lot in recent years, but this is a bad season for injuries/illnesses. Maybe there hasn't been more, but they've been weirder with Bosh blood clot and Blake staph infection.

+ Paul George's freak accident

No. Seen footage, documentaries, read articles.
I would say that unless you are conscious, mentally able to experience someone's career, you really shouldn't speak on it. Not trying to argue at all. Not coming for you at all.

That is why it is so hard to speak on players in different eras. People are generally going to be biased to people they EXPERIENCED. 

So I guess that is why he asked that question.

Based on people who I experienced.

Magic (tail end)

Kidd

Zeke

Payton

Stockton

I would put above CP3

I watched the vid and Austin was making shots he is suppose to make unlike when he was with the Pelicans. And whats up with them basic fast break dunks bet Cp3 been giving him that work in practice tho

I would say that unless you are conscious, mentally able to experience someone's career, you really shouldn't speak on it. Not trying to argue at all. Not coming for you at all.

That is why it is so hard to speak on players in different eras. People are generally going to be biased to people they EXPERIENCED. 

So I guess that is why he asked that question.

Based on people who I experienced.

Magic (tail end)
Kidd
Zeke
Payton
Stockton

I would put above CP3
So outside Frazier who i didn't see play along with Robertson, can we really argue that Chris Paul is better than Oscar Robertson? Just because someone wasn't there to see something happen doesn't mean they can't have an opinion on it. If that were the case why do we even teach any kind of history at all?

Like I said, the game is SO different when Big O played to now that there is really no point in making the comparison. The level of competition was much different, so again, how can you make a solid argument for either side?

I am not saying one is or isn't better than the other but what is the point in comparing?

So outside Frazier who i didn't see play along with Robertson, can we really argue that Chris Paul is better than Oscar Robertson? Just because someone wasn't there to see something happen doesn't mean they can't have an opinion on it. If that were the case why do we even teach any kind of history at all?
Nobody said not to teach history though.

But how can YOU (impersonal) say something is better than something else when you have only experienced one of those things on a conscious level? And not to mention those two things were born into two vastly different situations.

Anything pre-80s is seriously in a completely different world/time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom