The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
seem like everyone getting injured 
mean.gif

Damn, he was playin really good this year and i wanted to see him in Karl's new system |I

Kings guard Darren Collison (hip flexor) will be re-evaluated in 3-to-6 weeks after hip surgery & his season is likely over, a source said.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo)

February 26, 2015

:smh: :smh:

He was turning the corner this year.

Man him/Gay/Boogie looked so promising at the beginning of the year.

Damn, he was playin really good this year and i wanted to see him in Karl's new system 
tired.gif

Kings guard Darren Collison (hip flexor) will be re-evaluated in 3-to-6 weeks after hip surgery & his season is likely over, a source said.
— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo)

February 26, 2015
mean.gif
mean.gif

He was turning the corner this year.

Man him/Gay/Boogie looked so promising at the beginning of the year.
I wonder where the Kings starting line up ranked when healthy....  I remember seeing a few weeks ago that they were like 2nd in efficiency or something when all 5 were on the floor together... 

Last edited:
I am glad to see Beasley back in the NBA, but it sucks to see him playing for the Heat once again :lol: I wish him the best of luck. I hope he found his motivation.

I thought RIP retired before the season started? His ball off moves are elite tho.

Last edited:
Van Gundy Asked to 'Tone It Down'

2:33 pm, February 26, 2015

Jeff Van Gundy usually operates without a filter. Whatever thought pops into his brain often does a beeline straight to his mouth.

But the outspoken NBA analyst says he might have to switch on his rarely used internal censor when it comes to discussing Tom Thibodeau's shaky relationship with the Bulls.

"I've been asked by (Leon Rose of CAA, the firm that represents Thibodeau) to tone it down a bit," Van Gundy said this week.

In the wake of Derrick Rose's latest injury, the coach's future likely will be brought up during ABC's telecast of the Bulls-Clippers game Sunday. Mike Breen, Van Gundy, Mark Johnson and Doris Burke will be on the call. Everything seems to be on the table for a franchise that Van Gundy says "feels snake-bit."

Previously, speculation about Thibodeau's status provoked Van Gundy to rail about Bulls management during an ESPN telecast of a January game in Dallas. He alleged the Bulls were leaking stories "to undermine" Thibodeau.

The Bulls quickly fired back. Van Gundy said Bulls general manager Gar Forman, who was at the game, berated him at halftime. "He called me a bunch of names," Van Gundy said.

Two days later, John Paxson, the Bulls' executive vice-president of basketball operations, told the Tribune the remarks "pathetic" and alleged that Van Gundy "was trying to protect his friend."

Van Gundy said the incident resulted in him receiving a call from Thibodeau's agent.

"He asked that I not say anything bad about (Thibodeau's relationship with the Bulls). It was getting people upset," Van Gundy said. "I told him I have a job to do, but at the same time, I don't want to do anything to hurt Tom."

Thibodeau is one of Van Gundy's closest friends in the business. Their relationship goes back more than 30 years when they were young assistant college coaches: Van Gundy at Providence and Thibodeau at Harvard. Later, Thibodeau served as an assistant during Van Gundy's head-coaching stints with the Knicks and Houston, Van Gundy said he quickly realized Thibodeau "was a better coach than me."

Van Gundy, though, strongly refutes the perception by Paxson and others that his comments were done out of friendship or at the behest of Thibodeau. He insists he hasn't discussed the situation with the Bulls coach.

"The thing I resent and the reason why I have to temper my remarks is that people equate everything I say with what Tom believes," Van Gundy said. "Like I'm going to be his mouthpiece, which is a joke. I say what I think. He's done a great job with the Bulls. He doesn't need anyone defending him."

Van Gundy also stressed that his views weren't just limited to Thibodeau. Previously, he also made similar on-air comments about the Bulls' handling of former coach Vinny Del Negro.

"This is not a Tom issue," Van Gundy said. "This is my opinion over the course of many years about how different Bulls managements have treated their coaches. I have not been a big fan."

Later, Van Gundy added, "When they say it's about friendship (with Thibodeau), that's not true. It was about facts."

Van Gundy should have plenty to discuss about the Bulls on Sunday. He felt horrible when he heard the news about Derrick Rose's injury.

Van Gundy doesn't think the Bulls will fall off dramatically without Rose. The guard's inconsistent play has led to what he terms a "choppy" season for the Bulls.

However, Van Gundy believes the Bulls' upside now is limited.

"You're talking about two separate things," Van Gundy said. "If Kirk Hinrich can hold up, and that's a big if, they'll continue to play just as well. But if Rose and (Joakim Noah) were able to play up to their potential, they had a chance to be special."

The latest injury to Rose could prompt more speculation about Thibodeau's future in Chicago. Van Gundy said he will try to heed the agent's request about tempering his comments regarding Bulls management, but he won't make any guarantees. He is who he is, he says.

One thing is certain: Van Gundy thinks the Bulls will make a big mistake if they part ways with Thibodeau.

"The NBA is a crazy place," Van Gundy said. "Often, organizations don't know how good they have it with a player or coach. I have no idea what's on in their minds. But if anybody thinks they will be better off without a great coach, I would question that judgment."

I wonder where the Kings starting line up ranked when healthy....  I remember seeing a few weeks ago that they were like 2nd in efficiency or something when all 5 were on the floor together... 
Ranked 2nd in the whole NBA.

Even after all the crappy Ty Corbin games

So Derrick Rose is scheduled for surgery on Friday. He's opted for the removal of the meniscus. He'll be back.....

So Derrick Rose is scheduled for surgery on Friday. He's opted for the removal of the meniscus. He'll be back.....
I wonder how much they're gonna take out. Hopefully not too much, gotta watch out for the future... and all those meetings. Hope he heals up quick and the Bulls get him back on the court to do some work this season. 

they are nipping his knees. i think his knees look like Picasso or Futura art work. all cut up n scars all around. no wonder he wears pantyhoses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom