The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're the Bulls FO,do you really want Rose rushing to come back this season given his history or do you shut him down and try to get him at 100% for next year?

IDK. His history is taking too long to return from injuries, returning rusty, making weird comments about muscle memory and wanting to be at his kids graduation in 20 years. Going by his history, you throw him out there as soon as he's cleared. The guy needs to get reps and get comfortable on the court. Missing another year would be a disaster for his progression and psyche.

This latest setback is already a pretty big blow to his progress and psyche though, especially right as he was just starting to look a little more like his old self. I don't know if him trying to speed up his recovery to come back would be the most helpful move because you might be risking him getting hurt once again. They've spent the most part of the last few years without him so they know how to survive without him. Giving him extra time to come back at 100% and when he finally regains confidence in his game would be my way to go.

Last edited:
Rose is still a good athlete, it's the other part of the game that he's re-learning. Like picking his spots, settling for jumpers..touch on floaters and overall feel for the game.

He had that MASTERED in 2011. Perfect blend of scoring and facilitating/running an offense. Right now, it's mostly mental with him.

Just want to see him do it on a consistent basis. I'm hoping he can get back to a 20ppg 6apg 45% from the field player. Taking like 3.5 3's a game and playing about 33mpg.

He plays like that and the Bulls are scary.

If you're the Bulls FO,do you really want Rose rushing to come back this season given his history or do you shut him down and try to get him at 100% for next year?

IDK. His history is taking too long to return from injuries, returning rusty, making weird comments about muscle memory and wanting to be at his kids graduation in 20 years. Going by his history, you throw him out there as soon as he's cleared. The guy needs to get reps and get comfortable on the court. Missing another year would be a disaster for his progression and psyche.

This latest setback is already a pretty big blow to his progress and psyche though, especially right as he was just starting to look a little more like his old self. I don't know if him trying to speed up his recovery to come back would be the most helpful move because you might be risking him getting hurt once again. They've spent the most part of the last few years without him so they know how to survive without him. Giving him extra time to come back at 100% and when he finally regains confidence in his game would be my way to go.

I kind of feel like Rose will be ok. His meniscus has been giving him trouble these past 2 years, his ACL and rest of his body has been pretty solid. Now that it's removed hopefully he'll be fine. Really don't want to see him go down again

Just want to see him do it on a consistent basis. I'm hoping he can get back to a 20ppg 6apg 45% from the field player. Taking like 3.5 3's a game and playing about 33mpg.

He plays like that and the Bulls are scary.

Even before this recent setback, imo he was never getting back to this type of production.

I woudlnt be mad at him for either choice. I understand if he plays and I understand if he doesnt play, and if he chooses not to play the last thing people should to is villainize him for it.

Lol all of this.

In the end, it's his choice. I don't want him returning a second earlier than he is comfortable to do so.

If he ends up feeling comfortable to play in a month, then let him play. If he's not, then shut him down.

He's the one who's going to live with the consequences so I would hate for him to feel pressured to return any earlier than he wants to.

I can already see people villfying him if he chooses to sit out. Like why, what does he owe you

Last edited:
Even before this recent setback, imo he was never getting back to this type of production.

Don't think it's too much of a stretch. He's at 18 & 5 right now shooting 41%. I just hope he can get to a 20 & 6 more efficient type of production. Possible if he remains healthy and gets a better feel for the game.

4-6 weeks, & your favorite drama queen SAS calls his career over.
You do worry about the state of Rose's mental confidence when he returns. There's no denying that injuries have already been on the back of his mind, now add yet another knee problem.

You do worry about the state of Rose's mental confidence when he returns. There's no denying that injuries have already been on the back of his mind, now add yet another knee problem.
AND the fact he keeps getting seriously injured every year

I dont know if guys are in straight denial or just dont care about dudes health

Hes not gonna have 3 or 4 serious injuries in a row and be "fine". Maybe fine financially.

And bringing up artest isnt a good comparison. Artest is nuts :lol:

:lol: how long are we gonna do the "long term" thing with rose?

Might as well play him in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Let's see your Mt. Rushmores...http://www.nba.com/rushmore/

pimp.gif

Last edited:
MWP didn't have chronic or historically bad knees like Rose.  Rose has no knees.  His increased weight doesn't help.  People with knee problems are better off being lighter, but Rose got heavier and started to jack more 3s, playing the same way and thus again put excessive stress on his knees.  He's done for.  No one will realize the physical pain and mental stress he's dealt before and will deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom