The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't they talking about changing that though? Mark Cuban's been pushing for schedule change lately.

Last edited:
If you're the Bulls FO,do you really want Rose rushing to come back this season given his history or do you shut him down and try to get him at 100% for next year?

Shut him down. He already is something less than what he was pre-injury, so after yet another surgery and recovery there's a real question of how effective he'll even be. Bulls will be much better off if they take the approach he's not coming back. Let Butler and Pau be the guys on offense and have the PGs play smart, mistake free ball. If they do that, I think they still have a chance at the ECF.

If you're the Bulls FO,do you really want Rose rushing to come back this season given his history or do you shut him down and try to get him at 100% for next year?

Play him this season. Rose is my man, but dude is unlucky. This is probably the Bulls, and his best chance at getting back to the ECF and contending. I say if he's healthy by playoff time, unleash him.

Play him this season. Rose is my man, but dude is unlucky. This is probably the Bulls, and his best chance at getting back to the ECF and contending. I say if he's healthy by playoff time, unleash him.
Probably going to mess with the chemistry if they do that when the playoffs begin. If anything, bring him off the bench for a spark

Last edited:

He's gotta play... He can't sit out virtually 3 years in a row. At some point his game is going to really start deteriorating, not because of his multiple injuries, but because of his lack of time working on his game because of rehabbing.

Plus since he had his meniscus partly or completely removed, hes playing on borrowed time as it is. His knee is never going to get better. Let em play while he can

Last edited:
Rose can't even work on his game with all these injuries.  

It's hard watching him now...
mean.gif

Last edited:
Probably going to mess with the chemistry if they do that when the playoffs begin. If anything, bring him off the bench for a spark

Rose in a Nate Rob role would be interesting but I'd probably play it safe and shut him down. If they can keep their core mostly intact for next season,they'll be right back in contention in the East and the possibility of a healthy Rose added to that would be too much to risk for me.

We're use to playing without him, chemistry won't be much an issue at this point seeing that he already played about 50 games with this current squad.

He's gotta play... He can't sit out virtually 3 years in a row. At some point his game is going to really start deteriorating, not because of his multiple injuries, but because of his lack of time working on his game because of rehabbing.

Plus since he had his meniscus partly or completely removed, hes playing on borrowed time as it is. His knee is never going to get better. Let em play while he can

Exactly. Same issue Brandon Roy had right? Why it has to be Poohdihni? Why!

I woudlnt be mad at him for either choice. I understand if he plays and I understand if he doesnt play, and if he chooses not to play the last thing people should to is villainize him for it.

We're use to playing without him, chemistry won't be much an issue at this point seeing that he already played about 50 games with this current squad.
I think my point goes with your point, they are used to playing WITHOUT him. Bring him back into the fold right when the playoffs begin, having to deal with Rose finding his speed again when the stakes are the highest. That's a recipe for bad things

Not only would he have to adjust his own game his teammates would have to adjust having him back with them. Coming off the bench would take care of a lot of those issues

IDK. His history is taking too long to return from injuries, returning rusty, making weird comments about muscle memory and wanting to be at his kids graduation in 20 years. Going by his history, you throw him out there as soon as he's cleared. The guy needs to get reps and get comfortable on the court. Missing another year would be a disaster for his progression and psyche.

Exactly. Same issue Brandon Roy had right? Why it has to be Poohdihni? Why!

It's somewhat similar but BRoys condition was much worse. He had absolutely no cartilage left in his knee, no cushion absorbing the constant pressure from running and jumping. His time was done. Rose can still have a shot at a pretty lengthy career if he can manage to stay healthy ala DWade, Bledsoe, etc. Those guys had their meniscus removed and are still playing at a pretty high level. When you have no meniscus you're pretty much guaranteed to have severe arthritis when you get older, so Roses best case scenario is to have shot knees in his 10th-11th year like Wade

Last edited:
I think my point goes with your point, they are used to playing WITHOUT him. Bring him back into the fold right when the playoffs begin, having to deal with Rose finding his speed again when the stakes are the highest. That's a recipe for bad things

Not only would he have to adjust his own game his teammates would have to adjust having him back with them. Coming off the bench would take care of a lot of those issues

I agree with bringing him off the bench, that would do wonders for our 2nd unit.

There is no benefit to Rose sitting out... Again. The Bulls have a very short window as it is. This season they were all in, might as well go for it even with a hobbled Rose. I think us Bulls fans realize he's got a shortened career regardless, so I'd rather we milk it than rebuild. If he gets injured again after this tear oh well.

Last edited:
Never forget MWP returning to play 12 days after meniscus surgery.

Exactly. It's not the end of the world for Rose. He didn't have it completely removed like D Wade and last years procedure took longer to recover from because he had it reattached. I'm not a world class athlete but I've had two menisectomies On my left knee, the first at 15. He'll be fine physically but mentally is a different story

Last edited:
It's somewhat similar but BRoys condition was much worse. He had absolutely no cartilage left in his knee, no cushion absorbing the constant pressure from running and jumping. His time was done. Rose can still have a shot at a pretty lengthy career if he can manage to stay healthy ala DWade, Bledsoe, etc. Those guys had their meniscus removed and are still playing at a pretty high level.

Oh ok. Got you. Thanks for clearing that up. You're right. I remember hearing the term "bone on bone" with Brandon Roy. That s*** was scary. Life ain't fair mane. BRoy had one of the smoothest games a 2guard could have.

Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery and lengthy career for D. Rose [emoji]128526[/emoji]

I don't see Rose as a bench player though. His skill set doesn't really translate over like that. His scoring, playmaking and so on is all based on his athleticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom