The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph Curry: 23.9 ppg 7.8 apg 2.1 spg 11.2 Win Shares 5.5 VORP 13.7 turnover percentage 12.67 WAR

James Harden: 27.1 ppg 6.9 apg 1.9 spg 12.3 Win Shares 5.9 VORP 15.3 turnover percentage 13.24 WAR

so aside from .02 steals more, 1 assist more and a turnover percentage lower by 1 point, Harden is putting up better numbers with less talent around him. that my friends, is worthy of being MVP.

the fact that the saying "steph is the best player on the best team" works against steph is mind boggling. if we're going to use that as a measuring stick, then I'm convinced that lebron shouldn't have won those MVPs because he had dwade, bosh, shuttlesworth, and his olderyounger self Oden on his miami heat teams.

folks can't have their cake and eat it, too.

let's look at the other side to the "harden has no one" argument: would i be wrong to assume that harden's mvp stats are inflated because he doesn't need to pass that ball to anyone? harden has the green light to shoot any time and looks to do so. we'll never know, but I'm confident that steph would be cookin if he had the same role Harden does.

if he doesn't need to pass to anyone why does he have just 1 less assist than Curry?

Steph's having a tremendous year, but Harden's the most valuable player.

The award is Beard's to lose. The difference in team record isn't enough to outweigh the impact he's had with his supporting cast vs Steph's.

Mvp's hit free throws
You getting ahead of your self. Ok lebron had 1 bad game
eyes.gif
Has every game harden played been good? No
Mind you lebron had 37 against Houston so to me he is still the front runner for MVP
he lost the game though

37 points worth of empty stats 

You getting ahead of your self. Ok lebron had 1 bad game
eyes.gif
Has every game harden played been good? No
Mind you lebron had 37 against Houston so to me he is still the front runner for MVP
I don't know if we can trust you though.

Your sig makes it look like you're a reliable, unbiased source but how can we truly trust you?

Since when is doing more with less part of the MVP? Then dirk should give back his MVP with that criteria :lol:

LeBron:

Wins Produced 8.8
Win Shares 7.0
VORP 4.1
WAR 9.12
26.2 PPG 7.2 APG 5.8 RPG
15.9 turnover percentage

Very good numbers in his own right but I gotta go with Curry or Harden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom