The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how anyone believes Kobe should of got that MVP over nash. They won 45 games :lol: :lol:
Kobe took a roster that had Kwame and Smush in the starting lineup into the playoffs averaging 35.4pts/5.3rebs/4.5asts/1.8stls/0.4blks:nthat:

You Kobe haters never cease to amaze me...:lol:

Kobe:

15.3 Win Shares, 6.5 VORP, 9.0 turnover percentage, 28 PER, .377 free throw attempt rate

Nash:

12.4 Win Shares, 4.0 VORP, 19.0 turnover percentage, 23.3 PER, .264 free throw attempt rate

Bron could've stole the award with a big performance on Sunday & then a long winning streak to end the season, but he's probably out now barring an insane finish from him individually and team-wise, which isn't out of the question.

I'd give it to harden. Leading scorer in the league & his team has a Top 4 record mostly without their 2nd best player.

Kobe:

15.3 Win Shares, 6.5 VORP, 9.0 turnover percentage, 28 PER, .377 free throw attempt rate

Nash:

12.4 Win Shares, 4.0 VORP, 19.0 turnover percentage, 23.3 PER, .264 free throw attempt rate

That's good man, that's good. But ultimately, he was at 45 wins. Nash was pushing 60 wins man. He was the best player on the best team in the west, and had an incredible year. He Deserved it more than Kobe. It's really not that close when you're being honest with yourself.

Does Howard really make a big difference for Houston? :rolleyes
Ever since he left Orlando his play has been.... Idk what word to say

Kobe:

Nash:

That's good man, that's good. But ultimately, he was at 45 wins. Nash was pushing 60 wins man. He was the best player on the best team in the west, and had an incredible year. He Deserved it more than Kobe. It's really not that close when you're being honest with yourself.
meh i really dont care either way. of course nash played with stoudemire and kobe played with kwame. i mean, that has to play into the records for both teams, right?

Kobe:

Nash:

meh i really dont care either way. of course nash played with stoudemire and kobe played with kwame. i mean, that has to play into the records for both teams, right?
STAT was out most of that year.

because on NT they believe doing more with less is better than being the best player on the best team

To a degree it is, but when you're talking about the MVP team success has to account for something. With James vs Steph, it's a lot closer because Harden has a top 3 record in the conference. He isn't putting up these numbers on a fringe playoff team. He deserves the MVP more so than anyone in the league sans steph.

But Kobe in 05-06 finished 8th in the conference. Think about it, the best player on the 8th place team in the west as THE MVP OF THE NBA? Hell nah

I understand that. Nash that year was unreal form what I remember

The records do mean something in the MVP race.

If the Warriors lose one or two more games  they would still be the best team in the league.

If the Rockets lose one or two more games  they would drop from 3rd to 6th

Curry>Harden for MVP

Kobe:

Nash:

STAT was out most of that year.
well that changes my argument :lol: ok yeah, that was an impressive year.

Like the more with less argument. Kobe shoulda had another one in mid 00s ... Got robbed by Nash who didn't deserve it . I'm. Still salty about that.

I don't know how anyone believes Kobe should of got that MVP over nash. They won 45 games :lol: :lol:
Averaging 35 friggin points and winning 45 games in the deeper conference with a bunch of dudes who were hanging on in the league by a shred (and were soon out of the league) is MVP worthy IMO. He was actually winning games, not just dropping empty stats.

But Nash losing a 26 ppg guy and still leading his team to 55 Ws is also MVP worthy, although Diaw had a lot to do with that, Nash was still the engine.

So there wasn't really a wrong choice.

Last edited:
Averaging 35 friggin points and winning 45 games in the deeper conference with a bunch of dudes who were hanging on in the league by a shred (and were soon out of the league) is MVP worthy IMO.

But Nash losing a 26 ppg guy and still leading his team to 55 Ws is also MVP worthy, although Diaw had a lot to do with that, Nash was still the engine.

MVP worthy? Sure.

If you were to say Kobe was worthy of the MVP that year? I guess you could say that. But at the expense of nash? And to say he deserved it MORE THAN or OVER NASH? Nah. There's no real way to frame that.

If Kobe wins 50 games in 05/06 I would have no issue with him winning the MVP.

yeah for sure nash deserved it then.

To be fair, I thought 02-03 was a year in which he should have gotten some serious consideration for MVP. I think Duncan won it that year, which is fine but Kobe was a monster. At Christmas, the Lakers weren't even in the playoffs and Kobe went on a tear to save their season. From how that team started the year, to finish where they did, with shaq missing considerable amounts of time, plus his individual brilliance that year, I think he was every bit as worthy as Duncan.

Nash averaged like 18 and 11 or something like that..... Kobe had smush and kwame ...easily kobes best regular season I seen him play. Never seen anyone be that dominant scoring wise for a season yet...

It's not like he did it in the east.. Kobe was robbed that year...nash was so overrated that year.
MVP is usually given to the wrong person.. Shaq and mj shoulda had way more.

Nash averaged like 18 and 11 or something like that..... Kobe had smush and kwame ...easily kobes best regular season I seen him play. Never seen anyone be that dominant scoring wise for a season yet...

It's not like he did it in the east.. Kobe was robbed that year...nash was so overrated that year.
MVP is usually given to the wrong person.. Shaq and mj shoulda had way more.

Nash was overrated that year? Really? I don't think you're serious with that comment. He took a depleted suns team to the top of the West. That means more than being a prolific scorer on a fringe playoff team. It does.

MJ and Lebron are the only two cases who in recent memory probably deserve more MVP's than they have.

Not srs in the overrated but compared to Kobe season.... Kobe deserved that MVP but dude was hated by many...
Never seen anyone play like that....but Kobe didn't win it so your Right . All that matters is Kobe didn't win it ..

Last edited:
Never understood why people waste time talking about who should come in 3rd and 4th place. Who gives a ****?

As of right now...its a 2 man race between Steph and Harden. Cases can be made for both...and these last few weeks of the season will be vital for both of them to stake their claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom