The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you not a star by your 5th year in the league then you will never be a star
he averaged 18 a game his 1st year as a starter and is relatively young he isn't that far a way from being an all star caliber player.

Bill Simmons said that Wes Mathews was primed to get $100 Mill from the Blazers or 4 Years 85 Mill from another team?????? Thats painful man
Wes. Matthews. Getting. 21.25 million a year? 

Bill Simmons gotta be drunk.

Wes was set to get 12-15 million a year for four years imo
I could see $60M over five (or four) years, but $80-100M? :x

Wes Matthews is whom Q Richardson should have been

screen-shot-2013-04-17-at-11-30-14-am.png

Bill Simmons said that Wes Mathews was primed to get $100 Mill from the Blazers or 4 Years 85 Mill from another team?????? Thats painful man

so jimmy is gonna get 85 for 4 too...nah i like wes but he wasnt gonna get THAT much ... prbly like 12-15 per at the most

Wes is just as valuable as Jimmy and Jimmy's getting that max so......

He would've gotten 5/100, that deal is basically 12-15 after the new cap comes in and Paul Allen ain't cheap.

Wes is just as valuable as Jimmy and Jimmy's getting that max so......

He would've gotten 5/100, that deal is basically 12-15 after the new cap comes in and Paul Allen ain't cheap.

Jimmy is younger though and still getting better. Mathews is who he is, which is damn good, but I think Butler's value because of the additional upside factor.

Jimmy is younger though and still getting better. Mathews is who he is, which is damn good, but I think Butler's value because of the additional upside factor.

That's true but Jimmy Butler has already played a million minutes so he ain't as young as his age.

Just because hes young doesnt mean hes going to reach his potential, if hes not a all star caliber player by now like his former college teammates then its safe to say he never will be
age is important in projecting future potential also opportunity again averaged 18 a year in his 4th year his 1st as a starter I am not saying he will be a star but I am sure other GMs are willing to take the gamble can you say the same thing about Wes?

I guess this is going to continue to be a thing --

It was much ado about nothing when Dahntay Jones accidentally-on-purpose bumped into Draymond Green during his post-game interview after beating the Clippers Sunday, but the comments following have been pure gold.

Green had his "oh they're just jealous of me" moment in the locker room after the game, and the Clippers have responded.

From the LA Times:

"Some people like to draw attention to themselves and make themselves bigger than what it is," Jones said of Green, who made comments critical of his Clippers counterpart after Jones brushed his arm while walking to the locker room.

Jones called Green's comments "a little bit immature. I would have just shrugged it off. … I apologize if I hurt his feelings."

You know this is some grade-A grass-fed beef we're working with here when a player accuses another of having "hurt feelings."

And now, we have this gem from Doc Rivers:

"Wow, that was such a violent bump!" Rivers deadpanned. "I'm telling you. It was amazing. I told Dahntay, 'You've got to be careful. That was too hard.' I guess that tough guy at Golden State, I mean, I think the bump was too hard for him, clearly, the way he reacted."

The Clippers and Warriors will meet again on March 31 at Staples Center. Fasten your seatbelts, gang.

That's true but Jimmy Butler has already played a million minutes so he ain't as young as his age.
you cant have it both ways bro.... equally valueable but the age & upside difference are verry different between the 2 ...wes is who he is & jimmy aint done getting better imo ... no homer

It was much ado about nothing when Dahntay Jones accidentally-on-purpose bumped into Draymond Green during his post-game interview after beating the Clippers Sunday, but the comments following have been pure gold.

Green had his "oh they're just jealous of me" moment in the locker room after the game, and the Clippers have responded.

From the LA Times:

"Some people like to draw attention to themselves and make themselves bigger than what it is," Jones said of Green, who made comments critical of his Clippers counterpart after Jones brushed his arm while walking to the locker room.

Jones called Green's comments "a little bit immature. I would have just shrugged it off. … I apologize if I hurt his feelings."

You know this is some grade-A grass-fed beef we're working with here when a player accuses another of having "hurt feelings."

"Wow, that was such a violent bump!" Rivers deadpanned. "I'm telling you. It was amazing. I told Dahntay, 'You've got to be careful. That was too hard.' I guess that tough guy at Golden State, I mean, I think the bump was too hard for him, clearly, the way he reacted."

The Clippers and Warriors will meet again on March 31 at Staples Center. Fasten your seatbelts, gang.
clown status response from the clippers (jones & rivers). 

that's the clippers modus operandi though - instigate then flip it back so as to make themselves look they're the ones being (unfairly) targeted.

green did not get his feelings hurt nor did he complain about the bump being violent, but it was unnecessary and done to instigate. green was incredibly mature with the way he worded his feelings on it yet the same guy who did the immature passive aggressive bump while dude was being interviewed has the audacity to call green immature. and then his hack coach throws in his measly two cent too. typical

From the LA Times:

Love this "rivalry." I like heated basketball.

clown status response from the clippers (jones & rivers). 

that's the clippers modus operandi though - instigate then flip it back so as to make themselves look they're the ones being (unfairly) targeted.

green did not get his feelings hurt nor did he complain about the bump being violent, but it was unnecessary and done to instigate. green was incredibly mature with the way he worded his feelings on it yet the same guy who did the immature passive aggressive bump while dude was being interviewed has the audacity to call green immature. and then his hack coach throws in his measly two cent too. typical

I actually agree. There was no reason anyone from the Clippers should have said anything more about it. But the amount of dislike the teams have for each other is kind of fun, so if this whole situation makes it worse, that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom