The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
check out the comments :lol: bunch of geniuses upset because i said he essentially maxed out his potential as an athlete and is at his ceiling

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-bot-178

the guy can barely make a shot with a defender in his face and is poor/mediocre finisher at the rim, but hey, he's better than a role player! hell, i didn't even call him a bum, i said he's an excellent role player that doesn't have much more upside, which is fact.

Charles Oakley left you a pretty mean comment :lol:

They were correct about the comparison to melo being unfair, but other than that, what are they upset over?
laugh.gif

knicks fans that read BR aren't the brightest bunch.

for argument's sake, I looked at a few guards around Galloway's size like JET, Calderon, Andre Miller, they're all shooting around 35-37% or better with a defender within 2-4 feet. so he's obviously still grossly underperforming what appears to be the league average.

i like the guy but if you think he's anything more than a role player, good luck.

Last edited:
Just for the record, since brooks was forced to play mitch..

Okc at least got something in return for harden with adams and Mitch.. Can't wait until lamb is gone.. And I can't speak on albrines.. Don't think we used the trade exception from kevin Martin

For those claiming it was the worst trade ever or even the worst trade of the decade (if you believe it's the worst trade ever, then I can continue on with the list).. Go look up how kyrie ended up with the cavs and how lillard ended up with the Blazers

Last edited:
Just for the record, since brooks was forced to play mitch..

Okc at least got something in return for harden with adams and Mitch.. Can't wait until lamb is gone.. And I can't speak on albrines.. Don't think we used the trade exception from kevin Martin

For those claiming it was the worst trade ever or even the worst trade of the decade (if you believe it's the worst trade ever, then I can continue on with the list).. Go look up how kyrie ended up with the cavs and how lillard ended up with the Blazers

Yeah, I just mentioned the trade that got the Cavs Kyrie earlier today. Notwithstanding the fact we wouldn't have gotten cP3 if it didn't happen, it was still a terrible trade:

Westbrook is just too special right now. These stat lines are damn near taken for granted this last month and a half...So appreciated. :pimp:

The thing is, people do not understand and realize that sports is a physical game.  Kyrie, Lillard, Westbrook, Paul, Curry etc. etc. are all talented point guards, but they are short in many categories.  They look good in the zone, 1 on 1 schemes, but they aren't doing enough to actually impact the game.  Guys like Aldridge, Favors, Horford, etc. actually impact the game and are often overlooked.  Their impact goes beyond the score and stat lines.  You can make similar cases w/ Kobe/Gasol, Parker/TD.  These 6' 3" PGs only sell tickets and though they are an asset to the team, they will never come close to actually changing the game.  We've all seen these PGs just waltz, and go defenseless as if someone else were to step in.  We've seen these guards handle the ball and take most of the shots.  These are just PGs with a SG mentality.  We've seen this in history and we are seeing this now.  No one's doubting the capabilities of these PGs, but they are over-credited at the expense of other contributors on the team.

Guess this is the generation of PGs wanting to be SGs.  

Looking at the smaller guards, you have an array of them.  Teague, Paul, Rose, Parker, Isaiah, Westbrook, Lillard, Curry, etc.  I'm not saying you can't build your team around a PG, but it's been over glamorized.  They are good no doubt, but they will need their team-mates as well.

Last edited:
So, Westbrook isn't aware of the physicality of the game because people cheering him on don't realize that the PG isn't a physical position?

Just trying to get a basis on your point right now is all.

Last edited:
So, Westbrook isn't aware of the physicality of the game because people cheering him on don't realize that the PG isn't a physical position?

Just trying to get a basis on your point right now is all.
Not that it's not physical, but that it is overly scrutinized because of the stat line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom