The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, no kind of over the top coaching hysterics does anything for me. Just seems so forced most of the time.

Bogut is trash. Trash w/ the Bucks and will continue to be. Injury prone side talking

Only Bogut was a DPOY candidate in Mil but was just always injured.

He and Draymond are the reason GSW is the best defensive team in the L.

So yea, he's trash.

Dudes in here saying Bogut was trash in Mil when he was All NBA and All Defense. They were rolling that year before that injury. Him and BJ were hooping.

Religion in sports, this has always made me feel queezy.

Had a long time friend lose respect for me this week, I told him I didn't believe in Jesus.
Hurt my heart a little bit to be judged like that.
"I mean, I don't judge. I'll leave that up to God. But you have to be an idiot to not believe in God at all. You poor thing. I'll pray for you."

translation: "I don't judge, except when I do."

(Daily thread derail? :nerd: If so, this one might not go as smooth as cookie flavors and Chrissy Tiegen. :lol:)

Tbh, that religion **** would get on my damn nerves, too.
Likewise.
Felt the same way when I saw Bruce Pearl's pregame speech to Auburn yesterday before UK. Dude was out there talking about David slaying Goliath, and how David was just a poor shepherd, and he had confidence in himself and what not. I was watching, imagining I was in the room. I'd be sitting there like, "Fool, we're trying to beat the best team in the country, and we're down two players. That's real life. You're out here telling fictional stories, we're about to play an actual game."
i didn't see the speech, but the david and goliath story seems to fit in with their mission at hand. i mean, kentucky is a behemoth and auburn is a little boy with a slingshot. i didn't hear it so i dont know what he said and how hard he went, but using that story doesn't sound too awful in that instance.

the only person mark was close to was steph and that was it
preacher jackson needed to be more of a coach

Midas whale follow up with a Thomas the Train story.

Someone on the team is depressed? Reference Eeyore.

Drawing inspiration for real life struggles should not be left to make believe stories. "Yeah, but coach that actually didn't happen. Got any inspirational stories of real Davids and Goliaths, to give us hope that our task doesn't just exist in Neverland?"

Last edited:
tired.gif

im not defending the use of religion in sports, but david and goliath is the unanimous underdog story everyones familiar with. could he used an actual anecdote? maybe, maybe he should've referenced george mason's rise to prominence. but i dont see too much issue with referencing david and goliath.

Last edited:
im not defending the use of religion in sports, but david and goliath is the unanimous underdog story everyones familiar with. could he used an actual anecdote? maybe, maybe he should've referenced george mason's rise to prominence. but i dont see too much issue with referencing david and goliath.
No, no, I get that. I get the connection.

It's just that you lose some people when you resort to make believe stories like The Little Engine That Could, and you lose even more when it's a religious story. I think that's irresponsible for a coach, especially when there are so many real examples to use, examples that will lose none of your guys, like the George Mason example you mentioned. Wouldn't hurt to throw NYG in there, making the Pats 19-1 (ruining 'undefeated'). You lose no one with those stories.

No, no, I get that. I get the connection.

It's just that you lose some people when you resort to make believe stories like The Little Engine That Could, and you lose even more when it's a religious story. I think that's irresponsible for a coach, especially when there are so many real examples to use, examples that will lose none of your guys, like the George Mason example you mentioned. Wouldn't hurt to throw NYG in there, making the Pats 19-1 (ruining 'undefeated'). You lose no one with those stories.
it's fair. i didn't hear it so idk how hard he went so i can't comment much further, but mixing in some real underdog success stories would've been smart and made it more tangible to them to believe they can go out there. there's a jay wright quote i heard a while back about the tourney, you just need to win 1 game, for 1 game you need to b the best out there, something along those lines. i mess with jay wright. dude is a class act. spoke to him for like 3 minutes once about putting mustard on pretzels :lol:

Midas whale follow up with a Thomas the Train story.

Someone on the team is depressed? Reference Eeyore.

Drawing inspiration for real life struggles should not be left to make believe stories. "Yeah, but coach that actually didn't happen. Got any inspirational stories of real Davids and Goliaths, to give us hope that our task doesn't just exist in Neverland?"
Sure it didn't really happen. But its a story thats always been used in sports.

You say you can go with the little engine that could but that also didn't happen.

Sometimes people use common examples that didn't happen to describe an event. It happens. Don't get offended fambz.

I'll start saiyan "This is a low level saiyan warrior beating the prince of all saiyans type competition!" if you want though.

My nephew used to like Thomas the train..
My girls are weird they like Disney movies/frozen but then they enjoy monster /slasher type flicks..

Gordon never took disrespect from anybody.

Coach Sir Top Em Hat

I'm glad my son never got into Thomas the Train; found it kind of boring and weird the couple times he did watch it.

Curious George >>>>>>>>>
Thomas is weird as hell man, my little brother loves it though.

Nothing is worse than Jay Jay the Jet Plane though, the faces on those things are flat out creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom