The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. If you guys almost beat the might Hawks, clearly the much inferior Clippers have something to worry about.
Meh. If Cousins plays you might have to play mediocre to win. But if he doesn't, you could just play Austin Rivers and a bunch of D-League guys for 48 minutes and win easily.

Kings twitter world seems to be under the impression that Rudy and DeMarcus are both OUT tonight. tbh i'll probably just watch the Warriors game if that's the case

Last edited:
I think players today either more mentally soft or more educated, it depends on how you look at it

Back in the day, I would say guys could play throwaway games

Today's NBA should be better due to complexity but I think the level of play evens out with the past because currently about half of NBA is purposely trying to tank

I have no idea what you're even trying to say here.

I'm saying the NBA of the past, star players could have throwaway games, games where they didn't play well either because of lack of focus or being tired and it would generally be forgotten.

Less media and no real fantasy Basketball.

Shoot 7-28? Not a big deal as long as you can get 20 points because efficiency isn't a issue

Get scorched for 40 points on a road game? No big deal only the people in your market and Utah saw it.

I do think NBA teams from the past were a little deeper with veterans guys who were pros and knew how to compete and not make mental mistakes . So you could not sleepwalk as the favorite.

The NBA is more complex now both offensively and defensively in terms of schemes but there's some trash teams that aren't trying to win now. Teams with young projects that don't know how to be a pro yet or cheap throwaway D league guys

Last edited:
modern day players are dumber than before and dont know how to pace themselves anymore

blame thibs 

steve-ballmer-seattle-kings-1024x7351.jpg

modern day players are dumber than before and dont know how to pace themselves anymore

blame thibs 
past players were soft because they paced themselves
in the 80s the best player in the league smashed multiple women in the hot tub after games

these days the best player in the league takes teen age girl selfies after games

this generation is soft 

blame thibs 
past players were soft because they paced themselves
in the 80s the best player in the league smashed multiple women in the hot tub after games

these days the best player in the league takes teen age girl selfies after games

this generation is soft 
View media item 1451281View media item 1451282
they probably smashed a few men after games too

Anyone who's played a lot of ball knows that its always possible to pick your spots on defense. You don't have to go balls out for the whole game. You can also get "rest" by switching off on to a guy who is less of a threat on offense. Those same techniques are just as available now as they ever were. So, personally, I don't buy that there that much more of a need to rest players than there was in past periods. That said, if it gives teams a competitive advantage to rest guys, I have no problem with it. But it does suck for fans who buy tickets to see certain players who end up sitting out that night for rest.

not really, teams especially in the 90's less so in the 80's were running HEAVY iso offense, with less 3 point shooters.

standing and watching charles barkley or whoever back down for 10+ seconds is less stressful than trying to hedge and recover on a jeff teague/horford screen and roll while attempting to close out onto 3 other 3 point shooters.

in the 80's they just stragiht up didn't play defnese hard until the 4th quarter. Go watch hardwood classics, a ton of ole going on:lol:

danny ainge I think said in interview with billsimons the celts didn't play good d for most of the game, they just got stops in the 4th,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom