The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be hard to beat his storyline of carrying the team without Dwight Howard

MVP races love a good narrative. If your team is being carried by one superstar and the rest role players, you're going to be in the driver seat if your team is top 3

Golden State too loaded for Curry to be in the driver seat of the MVP race

This is exactly the way I see it. I'd be very surprised if Harden doesn't win.

Thing is, Harden actually does get fouled. He may sell it really well, but he's not out here faking contact like some other players. He coaxes the defender into fouling him and they do. Blame them. He's just playing mental games with them. By whining about it, its going to put pressure on the refs to be 'tougher', and now they may not call blatant fouls, just to appease you. Would that make you happy?

View media item 1453792

This just reminds me of that stanland article praising harden for getting foul calls and abandoning the midrange game, the two biggest reasons he struggles in the playoffs

Last edited:
COY is pretty interesting. Really seems like a toss-up between Kerr and Budenholzer. Kind of feel like Bud's gonna take it just because he's been coaching longer.

One thing no can really deny...Harden kept Houston afloat pretty much by himself. You can hate however he plays, but he has them 1 game out from the 2nd seed with his 2nd best player being a combo of DMo, Brewer, J Smoove, Ariza and Terry :lol: .

Add in how he became a better defender this year and you got to give him credit.

Last edited:
Would be cool to see Harden get MVP for some reason

gotta give him props. Rockets doing well without Dwight. plus career highs all around

When Durant won MVP last year, they had the 2nd best record in the league but everyone knew it was because of him. It wasn't really about the "team" because their supporting cast was not that good outside of Russ and Ibaka.

Its hard to say the same thing in Curry's situation. You can give Golden State's success to so many individuals on that team and since he's the leading scorer, he should get the MVP? His numbers are nearly identical to what he averaged last season. The guys who deserve a little more credit are Klay and Dray who produced more than they did last season. If they don't improve, what happens? I just hate that people are basing it purely off team success when its clear that Curry has the much better team on his side.

Last edited:
ive mentioned this before, you just cant rush a foot injury back. cant be playing at 75% or anything like that. just ask guys like bill walton, yao, grant hill. dont want to complicate things and put stress on other part of the body while compensating for that foot

Wow @ OKC

Looking at KD's face yesterday shooting around, he looked pretty upset. Its the best thing for him to do, though. The last thing he needs is a shorten career because he tried to be superman when the likelihood of them going all the way this year was slim due to their seeding. Just come back next year 100% healthy and dominate.

When Durant won MVP last year, they had the 2nd best record in the league but everyone knew it was because of him. It wasn't really about the "team" because their supporting cast was not that good outside of Russ and Ibaka.

Its hard to say the same thing in Curry's situation. You can give Golden State's success to so many individuals on that team and since he's the leading scorer, he should get the MVP? His numbers are nearly identical to what he averaged last season. The guys who deserve a little more credit are Klay and Dray who produced more than they did last season. If its not for their improvements, what happens? I just hate that people are basing it off the team's record when its clear that Curry has the much better team on his side.

steph curry has scored less than 20 points 21 times this season. 16-5 in those games.
harden has scored less than 20 points 16 times this season. 7-9 in those games.

obviously it's not the main factor in winning the MVP, but i think it's noteworthy. and like bhz mentioned, with dwight being out the 2nd best rocket has been between donatas motiejunas, josh smith, terrence jones, corey brewer, or trevor ariza depending on the night :lol:

and yet, 1 game out of the 2 seed in the west :pimp:

edit: harden is about on pace to average the same number of FT attempts KD had last year in his MVP season.

Last edited:
well I'm only in it to see westbrook try and take someone's soul:

time to showcase the guys we know should/will be traded this offseason (please dear lord baby jesus): (pj3, lamb and waiters)

The only reason I would want OKC to make the playoffs now is to see Russ go beast mode. He's bound to average a triple double in that series against GSW :lol:

Last edited:
i'll be that guy. i have no sympathy at all towards the OKC franchise. robbed seattle blind of their team. uprooted them halfway across the country. then decided to get cheap (harden trade) and have been borderline incompetent since then trying to make up for it.

may the spirit of seattle forever haunt the thunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom