The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to New York at the end of May, how's the weather gonna be?

What should I do besides the touristy ****, I have 5 days. 
nerd.gif

Although I did think the pizza and hot dogs were overrated, I've enjoyed the limited time I've spent in NYC . . . and about as West Coast as it gets. But I was there in December when all the holiday decorations were out. Walking 5th Avenue with light snow coming down, seeing all the sights, was pretty awesome for someone born and raised in California.

Why is it dangerous?

Any place can be dangerous if you're not smart or not paying attention. Didn't feel like NY was less safe than any other major city I've been too. Stay in the right parts of town and you have nothing to worry about.

NYC is one of the greatest places I've ever lived/visited. Special city.

dangerous... but special still.
Why is it dangerous?

When I was living there just a few years ago, I remember how bad the violence was. Lot of robberies and shootings. I remember someone being shot in the chest for walking into a convenience store robbery to buy batteries. wasn't far from where I lived. every city has crime though, but the evening news in NY was almost too much every single night. NY1 was like some kind of nightly horror show.

Why is it dangerous?

Any place can be dangerous if you're not smart or not paying attention. Didn't feel like NY was less safe than any other major city I've been too. Stay in the right parts of town and you have nothing to worry about.
LA isn't dangerous at all imo. But then again I stay in my lane. I don't know the lanes in NY :lol:

ditto. I lived in Hempstead on long island, worked in the city on productions and mostly just kicked it in Brooklyn. stayed in my lane. Whole city is no joke, but I remember the bronx in particular being wild as ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom