The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect the pros but at the same time folks act like people who aren't pros that could hang with them don't exist. There are many people who are athletic with skill out here in all forms of sport who aren't pro yet or will never be.

Streetball rules I have no idea, but street all is guard dominated and UK doesn't have very dynamic guards.

UK playing under collegiate conditions is the best shot they'd have.

Nba rules there's no reason to believe they wouldn't get run off the floor. The physicality that they're allowed to play with in college would be a huge issue for them. They'd be In foul trouble so fast in an nba game.

In the end, the college game is so different that it's very difficult to argue they'd beat an nba team. You're basically forced to argue the college kids would be able to do things on the court, at a high rate, that they've never done.

Last edited:
Streetball rules I have no idea, but street all is guard dominated and UK doesn't have very dynamic guards.

UK playing under collegiate conditions is the best shot they'd have.

Nba rules there's no reason to believe they wouldn't get run off the floor. The physicality that they're allowed to play with in college would be a huge issue for them. They'd be In foul trouble so fast in an nba game.

In the end, the college game is so different that it's very difficult to argue they'd beat an nba team. You're basically forced to argue the college kids would be able to do things on the court, at a high rate, that they've never done.

Respect the reasonable basketball approach to your case. Repped

I respect the pros but at the same time folks act like people who aren't pros that could hang with them don't exist. There are many people who are athletic with skill out here in all forms of sport who aren't pro yet or will never be.

What's your basketball background? As in what levels have you played(hs, college, street, college, overseas)

What's your basketball background? As in what levels have you played(hs, college, street, college, overseas, xbox, playstation,)

Wait... could the Knicks go 40-0 against the same UK schedule in the season, SEC tourney, & championship tourney?

Absolutely.

Without Melo.

These dudes play 82 games a year against grown men.

Honestly, these discussions just show me how little respect people have for professional sports. It's like when dudes swear they could beat Brian Scalabrine; like not joking about it, but legit think it. :lol:
so true... Dudes don't understand how great pros are ....I remember the same stupid arguments that usc team could beat the worst NFL team...

Last edited:
Play station counts live 99(was that the one with Duncan on the cover?) made me the baller I am today.

Adding to the Harden step back video.

Just a compilation of Marc doing damn near everything on the court.

Turn around fadeaways
Post spin moves
Mid range jumper
Passing
Blocked shots
Handling the ball
Skyhooks

Everything.

Last edited:
[quote name="hometownhero"]guys don't respect the jump to the next level.

I used to drop dudes off in the Sanderson every night. I remember dudes gassing me up asking me why i didn't play in college and I'm thinking hell, I didn't even play in high school. Just shook my head. Remember playing pick up games and feeling like the only way I can stay in front of Gary Ervin was if had weights in his pockets and thinking how does Shane Power keeping making these shots when I'm not giving him an inch. 

The jump from college to pro is tens time harder. Half of them platoon system dudes would be ******* lost. 
[/quote]Thank you, man. And those are 2 names that are 'nobodies', but they are nobody against OTHER GROWN NBAers. Against sub-NBA talent, they feast.

I've played against D-1 dudes that are NOWHERE on the NCAA radar, but FEAST against sub-NCAA talent.

I used to be friends with a dude who was a former MVP of a professional league in Australia. Dude is easily the most talented guy I've ever regularly played against, and because of his talent and a few connections, he would regularly get invited to scrimmage with the Cavs (before Bron was drafted). Every time, man, whatever thoughts he had about thinking he could be an NBA walk on, every time he scrimmaged with the Cavs, the next time I saw him, he would be like depressed at how far away from reality his little fantasy was.

And I can't explain how good at basketball this guy was, how easy it was for him, how smooth he was.

People think NBA regulars just won the lottery and haven't worked EXTREMELY and almost pitifully hard at their craft just to ride the bench.

Originally Posted by hometownhero  
guys don't respect the jump to the next level.

I used to drop dudes off in the Sanderson every night. I remember dudes gassing me up asking me why i didn't play in college and I'm thinking hell, I didn't even play in high school. Just shook my head. Remember playing pick up games and feeling like the only way I can stay in front of Gary Ervin was if had weights in his pockets and thinking how does Shane Power keeping making these shots when I'm not giving him an inch. 

The jump from college to pro is tens time harder. Half of them platoon system dudes would be ******* lost. 
Thank you, man. And those are 2 names that are 'nobodies', but they are nobody against OTHER GROWN NBAers. Against sub-NBA talent, they feast.

I've played against D-1 dudes that are NOWHERE on the NCAA radar, but FEAST against sub-NCAA talent.

I used to be friends with a dude who was a former MVP of a professional league in Australia. Dude is easily the most talented guy I've ever regularly played against, and because of his talent and a few connections, he would regularly get invited to scrimmage with the Cavs (before Bron was drafted). Every time, man, whatever thoughts he had about thinking he could be an NBA walk on, every time he scrimmaged with the Cavs, the next time I saw him, he would be like depressed at how far away from reality his little fantasy was.

And I can't explain how good at basketball this guy was, how easy it was for him, how smooth he was.

People think NBA regulars just won the lottery and haven't worked EXTREMELY and almost pitifully hard at their craft just to ride the bench.
was in the gym with a dude who played in the SWAC. we were playing 21. he dunked then made like 10 or 12 from the line (3 point). we were playing
'all day' (where you shot free throws until you miss) but someone else was like **** it and went out there to guard him so he wouldn't win from the line. he looked at dude laughed and shot another 3. we stopped and ran teams after that.

the jump from any level is huge.

im done with the anecdotes now.

back to nba

Golden State loses to Memphis by 6 tonight

Kentucky
James Harden
Lakers
Marc Gasol

Can we take a moment to talk about the Atlanta Hawks?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

been waiting on this for days. thread has been awful the last few days. 

Ok no more college Basketball or Knicks talk today. Both things suck so lets move on.

And talk about the Halks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom