The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No derail take that mess else where but....Nelly straight changed the game. Only a few had a the same or a bigger impact on Rap than Nelly'

Last edited:
My man 
nthat.gif

It's such a beautiful design. 
smokin.gif

I'm watching the NCAA women's tournament right now and tell me why they make so much more passes with a purpose and have quicker average possession times than the men's game. Men's college basketball really is the worst.

Nelly had a Diamond album Let's stop acting like he didn't have an impact regardless of whatever you think the quality of the music was.

Guy has the 9th best selling rap album of all time and people are laughing at the notion that he had an impact. Come on now.

Last edited:
Those your XIs in your avy?
Yes sir
You had an XI in a previous avy, too. XIs have been my favorite shoe since they first came out.

All my avys are XI. XI lows. Missing 2 in the lineup.

My man :nthat:

It's such a beautiful design. :smokin

man. i have SJ's breds and CGs and i love em. i've wanted to sell forever but i can't.

my dog chewed up my SJ's too :lol:

"Breds"

mean.gif

sick.gif

Used to have black/reds. Need 'em again, but not as bad as people are selling for.

Favorite of all time is the Columbias. I doubt any shoe will ever top that colorway execution for me. 
laugh.gif

Second favorite is the white/red lows from... I think summer 2012? Too, TOOOOOO smooth. 
nthat.gif

I'm watching the NCAA women's tournament right now and tell me why they make so much more passes with a purpose and have quicker average possession times than the men's game. Men's college basketball really is the worst.

Women have a 30-second shot clock and now have a 10-second back court violation (they didn't until 2013). Those two rule changes have sped up the game tremendously. Meanwhile, this is what I see all the time in men's (I'm just using nice round numbers here): a team plays solid defense for 20 seconds, forcing the offense to reset at the top. The offense then has 15 more seconds to get a shot off. With a 30 second shot clock, there's only 10 seconds left in that scenario. Those 5 seconds make a ton of difference.

I know they're experimenting with a 30-second clock in the NIT this year, but they need to adopt it to speed up the game. I watched the Warriors-Grizzlies game before switching to Duke-Utah last night, and watching college felt like watching humans move in molasses.

Last edited:
I find college basketball damn near unwatchable because of the 35-second shot clock and also the ticky tack fouls they call in the post while letting guys get mauled on the perimeter. They have it so backwards.

I flipped on the Duke-Utah game too. 6 minutes into the game the score was 3-2. :x

College basketball kinda sucks. I'm not trying to watch 17 passes around the perimeter before a team gets into their offense.

Last edited:
I swear, I can't be all that alone on this:

All the sports I like, I like them for the things THEY provide, for the differences they have from other sports, or even other leagues of the same sport.

Like the shot clock. 24 in the NBA, 35 in college. The difference makes no difference to me. I don't wish the NBA would go to 35, don't think NCAA needs to bring it down to 30 or 24.

Like I don't watch NCAA and think, "lulz. This would never happen in an NBA game." Well, no... but it's not an NBA game. It's an NCAA game.

*shrugs*

Last edited:

All the sports I like, I like them for the things THEY provide, for the differences they have from other sports, or even other leagues of the same sport.

Like the shot clock. 24 in the NBA, 35 in college. The difference makes no difference to me. I don't wish the NBA would go to 35, don't think NCAA needs to bring it down to 30 or 24.

Like I don't watch NCAA and think, "lulz. This would happen in an NBA game." Well, no... but it's not an NBA game. It's an NCAA game.

*shrugs*
QFT,people tend to forget these are college kids not actual nba pro's 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Like I don't watch NCAA and think, "lulz. This would never happen in an NBA game." Well, no... but it's not an NBA game. It's an NCAA game.

*shrugs*

I despise the NCAA shot clock and its part of the reason their offensive possessions are so ugly to watch.

Other part is that they're just bad tho

Someone explain to me the point of having 5 players touch the ball 3 feet back of the three point line for 15 seconds every possession. Why not just have the PG stand there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom