The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwight plays with no effort on the defensive end? Come on man, dude was clearly hurt.

FOH with this fake hustle, screaming, chicken leg, most overrated center ever Tyson Chandler comparison.

if the CP3 trade went through for the Lakers back in 2011 (memba that?), Kobe probably would've told CP3  to play the role of Steve Kerr/Derek Fisher while he and Bynum take care of the offense. 
LOL!
 the days before LA acquired Nash, sources say, the point guard wanted to hear from Bryant that the Lakers’ star was amenable to having Nash control the ball much of the time — a key tenet of the D’Antoni offense from the Suns days. When Lakers brass asked Bryant to call Nash, Bryant failed to do so, saying he preferred that Nash call him. The pettiness took days to resolve and nearly scuttled the deal.
At least he is consistent!

Lebron has got Kevin Love, Mike Miller and Shawn Marion to join him

He joined Wade and Bosh with the Heat
So in his prime, by your own admission, the list of players who have WANTED to play w/ Lebron (and actually did so, not just said so) is Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Shawn Marion, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh.

That's pretty awesome, that a player in their prime would attract that much talent.

And that's not even the full list, but that's pretty remarkable. It wasn't the coach, because we're talking about 2 different coaches in that span, on 2 different teams.

Lebron followed Wade and Bosh to the Heat

He didn't get them to come to him

If Kobe was a ring chaser and wanted to take below market value , he could go to a different team and play with some star players

There's a difference between getting guys to come play with you and being basically a mercenary

Last edited:
But what about when dwight plays with no effort on the defensive end when his struggle jumphook isnt working

Is that still kobes fault
How do you know that he wasn't playing with any effort?

He was playing hurt, even Jeannie Buss admitted that, and he was not included in the offense in LA, Jeannie Buss admitted that as well. And yes, Kobe was not doing anything to mend the situation, then actually destroying it even further by talking to the media about what Dwight wasn't.
"We don't have time for (Howard's shoulder) to heal," Bryant said Wednesday in an exclusive interview with ESPNBoston.com's Jackie MacMullan. "We need some urgency."
Dwight worries too much about what people think. I told him, 'You can't worry about that. It's holding you back.' He says, 'OK, OK, OK,' but it's always hovering around him. He just wants people to like him. He doesn't want to let anyone down, and that gets him away from what he should be doing.
Do you know more than Jeannie Buss?

Should I take your opinion of Howard's effort, over her expertise?

Last edited:
how are we still on this who wants to play with who thing 
laugh.gif

Yes and Tmac played with Yao AFTER Shaq was with the lakers and on the downhill turn in his career.  Shaq retired because he was done and old.  Yao retired due to injuries.

Shaq in 2005
20.0 PPG 9.2 Rebounds 1.8 blocks

Yao in 2005
22.3 PPG 10.2 Rebounds 1.6 blocks

Shaq in 2006
 17.3 ppg and 7.2 rebounds

Yao in 2006
 25 PPG and 9.4 rebounds

Shaq in 2007
13.6 PPG and 9.1 rebounds

Yao in 2007
22.8 PPG and 10.8 rebounds

You keep bringing up Shaq on the Lakers.  SHAQ WAS NOT ON THE LAKERS WHEN TMAC PLAYED WITH YAO.  He was on the Heat and the above are the stats for the two.  I don't thinks it is ridiculous to state that Yao was arguably better those years as shaq was on the downhill slide of his career due to age, not injuries.
You are right about that, Shaq wasn't with the Lakers at that time, he was winning a ring with the Heat.

Even at an advanced age, Shaq was more formidable.

The Yao slander :wow:

Dude was the best center in the league without question from 05-08.

Yes and Tmac played with Yao AFTER Shaq was with the lakers and on the downhill turn in his career.  Shaq retired because he was done and old.  Yao retired due to injuries.

Shaq in 2005
20.0 PPG 9.2 Rebounds 1.8 blocks

Yao in 2005
22.3 PPG 10.2 Rebounds 1.6 blocks

Shaq in 2006
 17.3 ppg and 7.2 rebounds

Yao in 2006
 25 PPG and 9.4 rebounds

Shaq in 2007
13.6 PPG and 9.1 rebounds

Yao in 2007
22.8 PPG and 10.8 rebounds

You keep bringing up Shaq on the Lakers.  SHAQ WAS NOT ON THE LAKERS WHEN TMAC PLAYED WITH YAO.  He was on the Heat and the above are the stats for the two.  I don't thinks it is ridiculous to state that Yao was arguably better those years as shaq was on the downhill slide of his career due to age, not injuries.
You are right about that, Shaq wasn't with the Lakers at that time, he was winning a ring with the Heat.

Even at an advanced age, Shaq was more formidable.

I'm not gonna say if you switched out shaq for another center they still would've won cuz I just don't think that's true but Wade was godly that year and I'd give him FAR more credit for that ring than Shaq.
you forgot about these guys
I plead the fif

Where's my man Nelson999 at? Don't tell me I'm going to miss out on seeing him complain during the LAC-Sac game today.

Anthony Davis going to be the first player since David Robinson to get a quadruple double.

Last edited:
You spelled David Robinson wrong.

*edit* You edited that SUPER quick! 
eek.gif
 That you, DRose? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Where's my man Nelson999 at? Don't tell me I'm going to miss out on seeing him complain during the LAC-Sac game today.
It's far too early in the season for me to have to watch a Clipper game. Damn the schedule makers 
mean.gif

Game starts in 2 hours but i'm fairly certain DeMarcus has already been whistled for a foul on a CP3/Blake flop
laugh.gif

Good luck today Lawdog

Last edited:

It's far too early in the season for me to have to watch a Clipper game. Damn the schedule makers 
mean.gif

Game starts in 2 hours but i'm fairly certain DeMarcus has already been whistled for a foul on a CP3/Blake flop
laugh.gif

Good luck today Lawdog
Don't forget the tech after he complains

Lebron followed Wade and Bosh to the Heat

He didn't get them to come to him

If Kobe was a ring chaser and wanted to take below market value , he could go to a different team and play with some star players

There's a difference between getting guys to come play with you and being basically a mercenary

So he joined them because he was the last one to announce his decision

Do you remember that post game interview he did after playing miami in 09 about changing his #?

Coincidence?

nelson needs to set up a webcam when he watches a game so we can make a side by side comparison video of him and demarcus' facial expressions after questionable calls

nelson needs to set up a webcam when he watches a game so we can make a side by side comparison video of him and demarcus' facial expressions after questionable calls
I'm used to it and prepared for it now so it would probably just look like the Alonzo gif

Funny how when Lakers aren't doing well, lakers fan turn against Kobe and openly trash him.

Y'all weren't writing these 5 paragraph hate Kobe essays when he was bringing the city championships. Now it's **** Kobe, He's selfish and 28 shots is too much. But a couple yrs back when the Lakers were making championship runs it was "Bean!!!!" "Black Mamba!!!!!!!!"

I hate Lakers fans

Last edited:
Funny how when Lakers aren't doing well. Lakers fan turn against Kobe and openly trash him.

Y'all weren't writing these 5 paragraph hate Kobe essays when he was bringing the city championships. Now it's **** Kobe, He's selfish and 28 shots is too much. But a couple yrs back when the Lakers were making championship runs it was "Bean!!!!" "Black Mamba!!!!!!!!"

I hate Lakers fans
other than ska who has never liked kobe, none of these people are lakers fans 

It's far too early in the season for me to have to watch a Clipper game. Damn the schedule makers :smh:

laugh.gif

Good luck today Lawdog

Good luck, bro. I like the Kings chances. We often come out sleepwalking in these early Sunday games. Plus, just saw Crawford is out with bruised ribs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom