The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how you are comparing a Prime and YOUNG lebron to a very old Kobe Bryant who is on his last legs

Now if both players were the same age in the same situation then you can hate on Kobe all you want about dealing with his teammates and making them better and i would agree with you.
Logically, that does not make any sense.

What does age have to do with being a social misfit? 

im one of the biggest tmac fan, but it isnt comparable. maybe for a couple of yrs, but it is not fair to tmac or kobe.

People call Kobe a ballhog but he's averaged around 5 assists his entire career :lol: go figure. People wanna see these assist numbers on paper like Kobe just went from the 1st scoring option to Rondo.
and the melo comparison is bad. His calling card is scoring but he's never averaged 30. Foh

im one of the biggest tmac fan, but it isnt comparable. maybe for a couple of yrs, but it is not fair to tmac or kobe.
It's not a comparison but it's always fun to imagine how Kobe's legacy would have turned out had he been drafted to another team

Exactly which is my point.  You can't sit here and tell me that if you put Tmac with the same teammates Kobe had they would have done the same thing.  Kobe has been productive much, much longer than Tmac which is also part of the reason it seems like Tmac never had anyone (even though he was playing with probably the best center in the NBA in his prime).

Funny how you are comparing a Prime and YOUNG lebron to a very old Kobe Bryant who is on his last legs

Now if both players were the same age in the same situation then you can hate on Kobe all you want about dealing with his teammates and making them better and i would agree with you.
Logically, that does not make any sense.

What does age have to do with being a social misfit? 

How doesnt it make sense, you cant compare the two IMO

Kobe is Kobe, you expect him to change. Hes still a team player but come on, if Kobe doesnt take the ball and put it in the hoop, who the hell else is gonna? honestly? Kobe has those games where he will be all passive and you will see but then he will get fed up because he team mates will start missing even shots and opportunities even a NTer could finish.

Exactly which is my point.  You can't sit here and tell me that if you put Tmac with the same teammates Kobe had they would have done the same thing.  Kobe has been productive much, much longer than Tmac which is also part of the reason it seems like Tmac never had anyone (even though he was playing with probably the best center in the NBA in his prime).
You do realize that Shaq was still around, playing with Kobe, during Yao's run, right?

Pass some of that, I'm telling ya' . . .

Kobe is Kobe, you expect him to change. Hes still a team player but come on, if Kobe doesnt take the ball and put it in the hoop, who the hell else is gonna? honestly? Kobe has those games where he will be all passive and you will see but then he will get fed up because he team mates will start missing even shots and opportunities even a NTer could finish.
You said that you could not compare the two due to age, but when it comes to motivating teammates, you'd think that age would be the mitigating factor. We are talking maturity here, and if LeBron understood how to be a team player, motivating his teammates to be more confident back then, you'd think that Kobe would have learned this by now.

Obviously, he hasn't.

Last edited:

You do realize that Shaq was still around, playing with Kobe, during Yao's run, right?

Pass some of that, I'm telling ya' . . .
Im assuming people are considering Tmac's prime from like 2002-2006 so here are the stats for both for 2005:

22.3 PPG 10.2 Rebounds 1.6 blocks

20.0 PPG 9.2 Rebounds 1.8 blocks.

Tell me who is who.

Last edited:

You said that you could not compare the two due to age, but when it comes to motivating teammates, you'd think that age would be the mitigating factor. We are talking maturity here, and if LeBron understood how to be a team player, motivating his teammates to be more confident back then, you'd think that Kobe would have learned this by now.

Obviously, he hasn't.
He's not a Maturity Guard.

He's not a Counselor Guard.

He's a SHOOTING guard.

Duh.

(never mind that Lebron isn't a Maturity Forward, or a Counselor forward; never mind that you're right, that he does motivate his teammates to have more confidence and that right now and for the last few years, players have lined up to join him)

That's your opinion.

Shaq was winning the rings, Duncan as well.
That it is, hence me saying probably
wink.gif
  Duncan is not a center and Shaq was done winning rings and on the downhill turn in his career with the Heat where he would eventually become a journeyman NBA center where he would later play with Phoenix, Cavs, and Boston.

I am in no way shape or form saying Yao was better than Shaq BTW.  Shaq was just on the latter end of his career at the time.

He's a SHOOTING guard.

Duh.

(never mind that Lebron isn't a Maturity Forward, or a Counselor forward; never mind that you're right, that he does motivate his teammates to have more confidence and that right now and for the last few years, players have lined up to join him)
Hey, it is what it is. Stevie Wonder can see it.

Obviously, he hasn't.

He's a SHOOTING guard.

Duh.

Michael Redd didnt join Lebron when he had the chance ;-)

Catching up on the last few pages...

I really want to believe in Lin, but after seeing 74 turnovers in the 2nd half I'm not trusting him with the ball late

Catching up on the last few pages...

I really want to believe in Lin, but after seeing 74 turnovers in the 2nd half I'm not trusting him with the ball late
Believe in Lin in what capacity? He's not a capable starter. Can't trust him to handle, distribute or shoot consistently. He might be out of the league in two or three years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom