The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

That it is, hence me saying probably
wink.gif
  Duncan is not a center and Shaq was done winning rings and on the downhill turn in his career with the Heat where he would eventually become a journeyman NBA center where he would later play with Phoenix, Cavs, and Boston.

I am in no way shape or form saying Yao was better than Shaq BTW.  Shaq was just on the latter end of his career at the time.
You do realize that both Shaq and Yao Ming retired in the same year, right?

You do realize that Shaq came into the league in '92, and Yao in '97, right?

Latter end of his career?

Yao came in when Shaq was at his PEAK with the Lakers.

Believe in Lin in what capacity? He's not a capable starter. Can't trust him to handle, distribute or shoot consistently. He might be out of the league in two or three years

Referring to whoever said they'd have Lin shoot/create over Kobe jacking up shots.

Yao came in 02 b,

07-retirement

Yao>>>>shaq

Yao and Mac could have been Shaq and Kobe, a very poor shaq and Kobe.

whos the reason it didnt work out. they should have gotten out the first round with that duo

Yes and Tmac played with Yao AFTER Shaq was with the lakers and on the downhill turn in his career.  Shaq retired because he was done and old.  Yao retired due to injuries.

Shaq in 2005

20.0 PPG 9.2 Rebounds 1.8 blocks

Yao in 2005

22.3 PPG 10.2 Rebounds 1.6 blocks

Shaq in 2006

17.3 ppg and 7.2 rebounds

Yao in 2006

25 PPG and 9.4 rebounds

Shaq in 2007

13.6 PPG and 9.1 rebounds

Yao in 2007

22.8 PPG and 10.8 rebounds

You keep bringing up Shaq on the Lakers.  SHAQ WAS NOT ON THE LAKERS WHEN TMAC PLAYED WITH YAO.  He was on the Heat and the above are the stats for the two.  I don't thinks it is ridiculous to state that Yao was arguably better those years as shaq was on the downhill slide of his career due to age, not injuries.

Last edited:
Man, give LeBron Dwight Howard, and Howard might average thirty a night, with ten boards, easily. 

Play with Kobe, this is what is said, 
Bryant told Howard that he wanted him to come to Los Angeles and help him win two more championships, but not as an understudy. He wanted Howard to be the team's third option behind himself and Pau Gasol, according to a source. Bryant tried to sell Howard on being his "Tyson Chandler" and made it clear that Los Angeles would be his, but only once Bryant decided he was done playing.

Yes and Tmac played with Yao AFTER Shaq was with the lakers and on the downhill turn in his career.  Shaq retired because he was done and old.  Yao retired due to injuries.

Shaq in 2005

Yao in 2005

Shaq in 2006

Yao in 2006

25 PPG and 9.4 rebounds

Shaq in 2007

Yao in 2007

You keep bringing up Shaq on the Lakers.  SHAQ WAS NOT ON THE LAKERS WHEN TMAC PLAYED WITH YAO.  He was on the Heat and the above are the stats for the two.  I don't thinks it is ridiculous to state that Yao was arguably better those years as shaq was on the downhill slide of his career due to age, not injuries.
You are right about that, Shaq wasn't with the Lakers at that time, he was winning a ring with the Heat.

Even at an advanced age, Shaq was more formidable.

You are right about that, Shaq wasn't with the Lakers at that time, he was winning a ring with the Heat.

Yes, that Ring had absolutely nothing to due with Dwayne Wade averaging 40 PPG in the finals versus the Mavs.  Absolutely nothing to due with that at all.  Again, it is not unreasonable to say that Yao was arguably better than Shaq when Tmac played with him.

Shaq in 2005

Yao in 2005

Shaq in 2006

Yao in 2006

25 PPG and 9.4 rebounds

Shaq in 2007

Yao in 2007

I'm not gonna say if you switched out shaq for another center they still would've won cuz I just don't think that's true but Wade was godly that year and I'd give him FAR more credit for that ring than Shaq.

Yes, that Ring had absolutely nothing to due with Dwayne Wade averaging 40 PPG in the finals versus the Mavs.  Absolutely nothing to due with that at all.  Again, it is not unreasonable to say that Yao was arguably better than Shaq when Tmac played with him.
Shaq first two season in Miami, were better than Yao's from 04-05, 05-06. After that Yao became the better player even when he was injured IMO.

Last edited:

Shaq in 2005

Yao in 2005

Shaq in 2006

Yao in 2006
 25 PPG and 9.4 rebounds

Shaq in 2007

Yao in 2007

I'm not gonna say if you switched out shaq for another center they still would've won cuz I just don't think that's true but Wade was godly that year and I'd give him FAR more credit for that ring than Shaq.

you forgot about these guys

View media item 1243686

Man, give LeBron Dwight Howard, and Howard might average thirty a night, with ten boards, easily. 

Play with Kobe, this is what is said, 

Which is the reason houston will never go anywhere, dwight thinks hes better than he really is, kobe knew dwight is an avg post threat

Aaron Gordon is going to be a player man, kid is everywhere, uber athlete, nice handle, nice vision.

Magic and Sixers ECF in 2021 going to be immaculate.

Right? Something is terribly wrong with that guy.

Sacrifice everything for me and my legacy.
if the CP3 trade went through for the Lakers back in 2011 (memba that?), Kobe probably would've told CP3  to play the role of Steve Kerr/Derek Fisher while he and Bynum take care of the offense. 

I dont like this Player A doesnt have any rings so he's not great argument. I think we should all know by now 1 guy doesnt win a ring himself.

Also lets stop acting like Dwight isnt still a top 2 center in the league. Any of you guys would take him on your team in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Which is the reason houston will never go anywhere, dwight thinks hes better than he really is, kobe knew dwight is an avg post threat
Average post threat?

What about the other aspects of his game, those that far surpasses anything that Tyson Chandler has?

Tyson Chandler is as good as Tyson Chandler can be on both offense AND defense. On the other hand, Dwight Howard has to be defended, then cannot be left alone.

So Kobe didn't know how to enhance those things that Dwight could do better than Chandler?

This also shows how Bryant destroys a coach's system, and team chemistry.

What if the coach wanted Dwight more involved?

Would Kobe simply not give him the ball?

Now I see the dilemma that Byron Scott is now facing.

Last edited:
Average post threat?

What about the other aspects of his game, those that far surpasses anything that Tyson Chandler has?

Tyson Chandler is as good as Tyson Chandler can be on both offense AND defense. On the other hand, Dwight Howard has to be defended, then cannot be left alone.

So Kobe didn't know how to enhance those things that Dwight could do better than Chandler?

This also shows how Bryant destroys a coach's system, and team chemistry.

What if the coach wanted Dwight more involved?

Would Kobe simply not give him the ball?

Now I see the dilemma that Byron Scott is now facing.

But what about when dwight plays with no effort on the defensive end when his struggle jumphook isnt working

Is that still kobes fault

SO what about Kobe and Shaq, did they not play well?

Kobe and Pau?

come on, stop with the hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom