The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No order but ahead of Klay

Harden
Wade
Kobe
Ellis
Hayward
Derozan
Ginobli

I guess you could take Gordon off, he's probably listed at PG right?
He's a SG to me though

The Joe Johnson hate is ridiculous. All because the guy is getting paid a stupid amount of money doesn't mean he's not a really good player. He's definitely in my top 5 at SG right now.

I'd take joe johnson over klay. Not to build a team, dude is 33, but based on skill, today, I'd take joe.

:stoneface: leave now

You really think that, right now, today, Kobe is still better than Klay? And I'd ask that you take both sides of the ball into consideration. Yeah, Kobe is the more skilled of the two, but Klay can impact the game positively for his team in more ways that Kobe can right now. That's not a knock on Kobe either. Its hard to stay on top when you're getting close to 40 and have had to deal with injuries.

i mean clearly this year, you can see Kobe lost a step or two and Klay has stepped it up a notch after rounding his game at the FIBA World Cup over the summer.

say what u what to say, but I don't think Kobe has it anymore and is clearly on the decline. You guys are probably the same fools wetting their pants when they saw Kobe ranked 40th in the ESPN ranking.

Kobe shot 28 times to score 28 points.....do you know how inefficient that is? On the other hand Klay had 18 shot attempts and scored 41 Points. While playing alongside Steph Curry who had 31 Points himself.

Kobe shot 28 times to score 28 points.....do you know how inefficient that is? On the other hand Klay had 18 shot attempts and scored 41 Points. While playing alongside Steph Curry who had 31 Points himself.

Not to mention he's a farrr better defender than Kobe right now. Don't know how you can find 5 other 2 guards better than Klay right now, let alone Kobe.

klay is a very good scorer but hes not the kind of guy you have run the offence, thats what steph is for

the Ws offence is designed to put klay in positions to score and he isnt really asked to create plays and get open looks for others. there's nothing wrong with that its just his role

i dont see him ever being the ball dominant player that runs the offence like kobe, wade and harden are. he can be your teams leading scorer but you wont go far with him as your best player

put kobe on the Ws and his fg% would go up because of the easier looks he will be getting, put klay on the lakers and he would struggle 

with that being said, kobe plays 0 defense these days so i would probably take klay over him on most teams 

Best Shooting Guards in the NBA Right now:

1) James Harden

2) Dwyane Wade

(Ginobili is not ranked but I will have him when the playoffs start)

3) Klay Thompson/Demar Derozan

4) Brad Beal/ Monta Ellis

5) Joe Johnson (still hasn't showed me much tbh, for all i know he could be out of the top 10 after the all star break, never put ur trust in the Nets and JJ)
Not to mention he's a farrr better defender than Kobe right now. Don't know how you can find 5 other 2 guards better than Klay right now, let alone Kobe.
exactly, it's not like we are comparing Klay to a 02-03 version of Kobe Bryant. We are talking how current Kobe is compared to Klay and who is the better player of the 2. Which Klay clearly is. Kobe is still skilled and could have games where he goes off, but the man is not the same player. If this Kobe was better than Klay he would have beaten the Warriors by himself, but no he shot them out of the game, like what he has been as of late, yes I know the team has no other options with Swaggy P injured and Julius Randle out for the season, but he can't even set up plays for Boozer or Lin? Dude is clearly trying to prove the doubters wrong by cherrying picking his stats with his ballhogging.

Naw, according to NT, this is efficient scoring so long as you shoot remotely close to 50%.

Kobe will never play the #2 role which means the lakers will be horrible until he retires
mean.gif
fixed

something the entire world already knew...

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/11/3/7150839/kevin-durant-paul-george-injury-team-usa

In the summer, Kevin Durant cited a need to rest for his decision to withdraw from the US Men's National Team. Now, he says the real reason he backed out was because Paul George's leg injury "took everything out of" him.

It ended up not mattering much, but it was considered a surprise when Kevin Durant decided to withdraw from the United States Men's National Team just weeks before the 2014 FIBA World Championships. At the time, Durant released a statement saying that his decision was a result of him feeling the need to "take a step back and take some time away, both mentally and physically, in order to prepare for the upcoming NBA season."

But it turns out that was not the whole story. On Tuesday, HBO Sports will air "The Offseason: Kevin Durant," a behind-the-scenes look at how the reigning NBA MVP spent his summer, both on and off the court. According to Michael Lee of the Washington Post, Durant tells viewers that the gruesome leg injury that Paul George suffered was indeed the main driving point behind his decision to withdraw.

A few days before he reached out to Krzyzewski, Durant watched Indiana Pacers forward Paul George break his right leg in a horrific collision with a basket stanchion during a Team USA basketball scrimmage in Las Vegas that convinced the reigning NBA MVP to withdraw from the FIBA World Cup. "It took everything out of me seeing that," Durant later told friend Randy Williams and a Nike executive at his camp of George. "Everything I had to play for Team USA, that injury stripped it away from me."

This contradicts previous reports that Durant's decision was had nothing to do with George's injury. But, according to Lee's writeup on the HBO film, that injury is exactly what did it for Durant.

"It felt awkward," Durant said of the scrimmage that possibly ended George's season. "Once we were playing, it just didn't feel right for some reason."

It will be interesting to see what the reaction to this around the league is and also what else we learn in this HBO documentary, which appears to have received unprecedented access to Durant and his inner circle.

I think Kobe would be more efficient on the Warriors than he is on the Lakers

I don't think Klay could be a carry the team
/25 PPG efficient scorer on the Lakers though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom