The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kings are a few pieces away from the playoffs.

Shoulda done more to keep Thomas tho.
Not keeping Thomas is probably the reason they are winning and playing good defense. He would just jack shots (yes sometimes he would be on fire) and let the opposing PG just gallivant into the lane on every play and brake the Defense down

Not to be overlooked, DeMarcus Cousins just made it through a Joey Crawford foul-fest game without even coming close to getting a Technical 
nerd.gif

Not keeping Thomas is probably the reason they are winning and playing good defense. He would just jack shots (yes sometimes he would be on fire) and let the opposing PG just gallivant into the lane on every play and brake the Defense down
Thomas would just suck the life out of the squad again :lol:

isiah thomas can not be your main pg on a good team. he is a solid backup pg, but still lacks defense and is undersized
collison gives the kings what they need

Last edited:
Hold up. The Kings get a gold tag in the back cause they won a championship back in 1951? Back when there was only 11 teams in the league.

C'mon. :lol:

Do the Yankess not count their 1923 world series championship when there were only 16 teams?

isiah thomas can not be your main pg on a good team. he is a solid backup pg, but still lacks defense and is undersized
collison gives the kings what they need
Yep.

Not gonna sit here and say that i think Collison is the type of starting PG that can take a team deep into the playoffs. But he is a huge all around upgrade for this team. 

And to start the season he has done an awesome job guarding Curry, Lillard, Paul, and tonight Lawson

Last edited:
Collison is really "what the Kings need"? Thomas is a solid backup yet Collison is "what the Kings" need as the starting PG.. let's not do this

Thomas really "sucked the life out of the Kings" last season? Out of all the things that went wrong for the team last year, Thomas was the one who sucked the life out of them? Let's not do this

Didn't know that. I haven't watched many Kings games but when I did watch them he seemed pretty good.

Collison is a good PG. Good defender and doesn't make many mistakes.

Collison is really "what the Kings need"? Thomas is a solid backup yet Collison is "what the Kings" need as the starting PG.. let's not do this

Thomas really "sucked the life out of the Kings" last season? Out of all the things that went wrong for the team last year, Thomas was the one who sucked the life out of them? Let's not do this
Collison is more of a facilitator and he plays defense astronomically better than Thomas. So yes he is what they need in the manor that he is a much better fit.  Yes Isaiah would be great for the Kings as a spark off the bench, but his ego won't allow that. He was already talking about wanting to start in PHX during preseason.

Wanna see what Isaiah Thomas' defense looked like 90% of the time? Here you go:

Collison is more of a facilitator and he plays defense astronomically better than Thomas. So yes he is what they need in the manor that he is a much better fit.  Yes Isaiah would be great for the Kings as a spark off the bench, but his ego won't allow that. He was already talking about wanting to start in PHX during preseason.

Wanna see what Isaiah Thomas' defense looked like 90% of the time? Here you go:

I see what you mean now by style of play. I was more saying I believe Collison and Thomas are both backups as opposed to starters.

I see what you mean now by style of play. I was more saying I believe Collison and Thomas are both backups as opposed to starters.
Ideally yes, but if you have to chose one to be your starting PG for now, i'm taking Collison without hesitating. 

Last edited:
Think you're exaggerating just a bit. I actually wished Rudy was still on the Grizz the last time we met you guys in the playoffs. Much rather take my chances with him shooting in the clutch than Connley, Z-Bo or Marc.

The problem with Rudy during that period was spacing. The spacing just wasn't there with Zbo and Marc, which didn't allow Rudy to do work on the block. A lot of his shots had to come from the perimeter where he did make a lot of them, but was not as effective. Believe it or not, but he did a lot of good on this team.

I don't think that's true. He was great for the Clippers as a back-up and fill-in starter. It was when he was on the Mavs that he got slandered and deservedly so, frankly.
Na man. A ton of guys slandered him all year, I tried to tell em he was filling in admirably, but they chose to group him with Matt Barnes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom