The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collison has gone up against Curry, Lillard, Paul and Lawson. Those guys have combined for 18/50 field goals (36%).

Collison has gone up against Curry, Lillard, Paul and Lawson. Those guys have combined for 18/50 field goals (36%).

Yep. I can't say that's all him since CP and Lillard seem to be slumping from the floor generally, but he's no doubt a solid defender. We're going to miss him this season. Farmar's been solid, particularly the last two games, but he doesn't have the defensive capabilities that DC does.

Collison wanted to come back to the Clippers too - but was asking for more money that the team wanted to give him.

Also it's pretty clear Spolestra made a critical error not transferring second option offensive status to Bosh that last year.
Yep.

Bron and Bosh usually played well together in games Wade missed last season.

Bosh is balling out so far.

Wade has played well so far as well. He seems to focusing on his all around game more, facilitating more instead of upping his scoring load.

lawdog1 lawdog1

One game, but Bullock can give you 10 nightly and adequate perimeter defense.

He for sure should continue to get opportunities. My issue with him is that he can be a chucker at times. But if he sticks to taking good, open looks, I'd just as soon have him out there as Barnes or CDR. At least Reggie shoots the ball with confidence. Barnes and CDR both look like they're scared to shoot from distance this season.

Broussards gotta go
nerd.gif

What did he do now?
At one point he called Doug McDermott, Craig

boston was balling last night.....my friend texted me crying about them being down 30 (he had 'em +9.5) ......I told him to relax and wait until the game over before he reacts 
laugh.gif

Saunders says Cassell hurt himself doing his signature dance and that was a reason why the Wolves lost to the Lakers in the 2004 Western Conference Finals.

Tweet(29) Share Share 2 Comments

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Kevin Martin paid tribute to Sam Cassell with a toned-down version of Cassell's infamous Big Balls Dance after knocking down a clutch three against the Chicago Bulls on Saturday. Martin was fined $15,000 for the "obscene gesture," and Wolves head coach Flip Saunders wasn't too thrilled with the homage.

That's because Saunders claims Cassell injured his hip doing the dance and cost Minnesota a shot at a championship, according to Kent Youngblood of the Star Tribune.

Cassell did the dance after knocking down a big shot against the Sacramento Kings in Game 7 of the 2004 Western Conference Semifinals. The Wolves won the series, but ultimately fell to the Los Angeles Lakers in six games in the Western Conference Finals.

Cassell was excellent in the first two series of that postseason, but he missed two games and barely played in two others against Los Angeles. Cassell averaged 9.3 points and 2.5 assists while shooting 43.3 percent in the series, and Saunders thinks things may have turned out differently if his point guard was healthy:

"We lost a championship by that," Saunders said. "When [Cassell] did that he had an avulsion fracture in his hip. ... So, from that perspective, I've always been against that type of thing."

Who knows if Cassell actually injured himself doing the dance. Perhaps Saunders is just making a convenient excuse. But if it's true, that makes this origin story even more legendary.

go home flip ur drunk

Saunders says Cassell hurt himself doing his signature dance and that was a reason why the Wolves lost to the Lakers in the 2004 Western Conference Finals.

Tweet(29) Share Share 2 Comments

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Kevin Martin paid tribute to Sam Cassell with a toned-down version of Cassell's infamous Big Balls Dance after knocking down a clutch three against the Chicago Bulls on Saturday. Martin was fined $15,000 for the "obscene gesture," and Wolves head coach Flip Saunders wasn't too thrilled with the homage.

That's because Saunders claims Cassell injured his hip doing the dance and cost Minnesota a shot at a championship, according to Kent Youngblood of the Star Tribune.

Cassell did the dance after knocking down a big shot against the Sacramento Kings in Game 7 of the 2004 Western Conference Semifinals. The Wolves won the series, but ultimately fell to the Los Angeles Lakers in six games in the Western Conference Finals.

Cassell was excellent in the first two series of that postseason, but he missed two games and barely played in two others against Los Angeles. Cassell averaged 9.3 points and 2.5 assists while shooting 43.3 percent in the series, and Saunders thinks things may have turned out differently if his point guard was healthy:

"We lost a championship by that," Saunders said. "When [Cassell] did that he had an avulsion fracture in his hip. ... So, from that perspective, I've always been against that type of thing."

Who knows if Cassell actually injured himself doing the dance. Perhaps Saunders is just making a convenient excuse. But if it's true, that makes this origin story even more legendary.

go home flip ur drunk

flip...plz...sthu

Cassellbigballsdance.gif

I know it's petty, but a little under half Greens points were on Parsons. That makes me a smile a little.

CP3's 40 assist to 3 turnovers is mind blowing.

Although the stats guy don't count some of his turnovers though lol.

& some of those "assist" are bs

True. That goes for guys like Rondo too though. Clippers have been at staples through 4 games, 3 of which were their home games so the favorable assist / TO numbers are to be expected.

Clippers stat guys super lenient with CP numbers sometimes but it's still impressive.

nah there has to be some fluidity to it...an assist at home shouldnt be a hockey assist away from home

I think the Celtics guys are the worst with those "assists".

Once seen rondo pass it to pierce...he trips up, jab steps, takes four dribbles...posts up and takes a fadeaway. Took like 8 seconds off the shot clock and they called it an assist [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji].

Don't know why people get worked up over home cooking assist numbers. It would matter if anyone played all 82 games at home, but they doesn't. Blocked shots are the same thing. A home scorer might turn an altered shot into a block. It all works itself out in the end though the 41 nights they're not at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom