The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watchin' Miami and Philly tonight, so my boys can end the season like few good men 
pimp.gif
What's the game strategy for tonight?  Suit up 7 and have players foul out?

Coaching is harder without talent

The Warriors already had prime talent

Kerr took them to another level but they already had prime talent

The Hawks are working with castoffs except for 2 guys

The tougher conference is a legit counter for the Warriors

A great PG, a sixth man of the year candidate, a guy shooting damn near 50% from 3 and a two way guy shooting 40% from 3 are castaways?

I swear some of you just watch ESPN.

@EarldaGoat what is the rundown on that draft pick situation with Miami and Philly?
If Brooklyn beats the Magic, then they will finish above the Heat in the standings and the Heat will have the 10th-worst record, whether they win or lose tonight.

If Brooklyn loses to the Magic, then they will finish tied with the Heat in the standings (if the Heat win), and the Nets & Heat will flip a coin for the 10th vs. 11th spot.

If Brooklyn loses to the Magic, then they will still finish above the Heat in the standings if the Heat lose, and the Heat will have the 10th-worst record.

Philly gets the Heat pick only if it is OUTSIDE the top 10.

Thus Philly needs:
a) Brooklyn loss and Heat win

OR

Even if the Heat have the 10th spot after tonight, Philly might swoop in when the ping-pong balls drop! How? If a team slotted 11-14 gets lucky and ends up in the top three in the lottery, that would bump the Heat to #11.

In sum:  Tonight's Philly vs Miami game is going to be
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[@=/u/100415/EarldaGoat]@EarldaGoat[/@] what is the rundown on that draft pick situation with Miami and Philly?

If Brooklyn beats the Magic, then they will finish above the Heat in the standings and the Heat will have the 10th-worst record, whether they win or lose tonight.

If Brooklyn loses to the Magic, then they will finish tied with the Heat in the standings (if the Heat win), and the Nets & Heat will flip a coin for the 10th vs. 11th spot.

If Brooklyn loses to the Magic, then they will still finish above the Heat in the standings if the Heat lose, and the Heat will have the 10th-worst record.

Philly gets the Heat pick only if it is OUTSIDE the top 10.

Thus Philly needs:

a) Brooklyn loss and Heat win

OR

Even if the Heat have the 10th spot after tonight, Philly might swoop in when the ping-pong balls drop! How? If a team slotted 11-14 gets lucky and ends up in the top three in the lottery, that would bump the Heat to #11.

In sum:  Tonight's Philly vs Miami game is going to be :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
such a cluster ****

Cosch Bud put more wins together in the east than that team that has lbj and is an automatic lock to be great every year who is the current favorite to win it all

Yeah and Coach Kerr put together more wins THAN the ENTIRE NBA including the DEFENDING champions, the team that has Lebron on it and the team nobody cares about ( The Hawks).

Wow i just saw the play where Smart inbounded the ball near half court to Zeller who then passed it back to Smart while also giving him a screen and Smart went straight to the hoop for a dunk.

Brad Stevens play calling is so good
pimp.gif
They call him, "Baby Thibs." Well, Joakim does. 

i want harden to get it, but both him and steph deserve it, so i wouldn't be upset with either choice. bud did a great job with the hawks, no doubt about that. but kerr made a team of shooters into legit contenders. He gave them plays and held them accountable on defense. When they show huddles, they showed him creating screens and plays not getting his tony robbins on.

i'm really surprised of the weak *** games they chose for espn tonight. should've made that last minute audible and threw the okc and then the pels on. i know my dude without LP are suffering.

Last edited:
i want harden to get it, but both him and steph deserve it, so i wouldn't be upset with either choice. bud did a great job with the hawks, no doubt about that. but kerr made a team of shooters into legit contenders. He gave them plays and held them accountable on defense. When they show huddles, they showed him creating screens and plays not getting his tony robbins on.
Bud made a team full of d leaguers and castoffs as contenders? And yes the #1 seed 60 win team is a contender.

Last edited:
Coaching is harder without talent

The Warriors already had prime talent

Kerr took them to another level but they already had prime talent

The Hawks are working with castoffs except for 2 guys

The tougher conference is a legit counter for the Warriors

A great PG, a sixth man of the year candidate, a guy shooting damn near 50% from 3 and a two way guy shooting 40% from 3 are castaways?

I swear some of you just watch ESPN.

The 2 guys who arent castoffs

Horford and Teague

Korver has been great this season but he's on his 5th team

Milisap, the Jazz rescinded their rights to him. Hes not exactly a castoff but wasnt some prized free agent signing

Carroll is on his 5th team

Schroder was unknown coming into the season

Mike Scott toiled in the D-League for awhile

Bazemore, Mack and Thabo it doesnt even need to discussed whether they are castoffs

Nobody before the season would trade the Hawks roster for the Warriors roster

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom