The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if Lebron told you to draft Napier, why do you employ scouts who watch these kids from 16 to college and you go with the opinion of a dude who probably only watched march madness?

You deserve what ever happens.

Does this increase or decrease the likelihood of Russy & KD bolting asap?

Or no effect?

Getting their mentor Kevin Ollie could help. Billy D seems to have the inside track though and unless he gets a Kerr like support staff, KD could be as good as gone. But barring catastrophic health concerns for next season OKC should be loaded whoever is the coach.

Thunder Up
roll.gif
:rolllin

Some of yall love to hate on Jackson :lol:

Is he an elite coach? No

But how many elite coaches are out there and available?

Plus lost in a lot Internet analysis is that the NBA is still a people business

Coaching is a people business

Last edited:
Is there any chance that Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin get traded for each other some time before next year's trade deadline?

I also dont think Kevin Ollie is the answer. A rookie coach in the last year of Durants deal isnt a risk I would want to take, even while seeing what Steve Kerr just did.

Think it was last week, but they need to go after someone who already has NBA coaching experience, preferably deep playoff run experience.

I'd like to see JVG take a stab at it, but know he wont.

They are gone unless they make it to the Finals IMO, so they better do all they can to ensure that happens.

No, Ollie is the perfect answer.

He was their teammate as young players and they have nothing but the utmost respect for him already.

Not to mention he's an NBA veteran with a great pedigree and will actually run competant rotations and offense, that's all they need because when healthy they have the most talented roster in the league.

Ollie can easily coach Russ/KD/Ibaka/Kanter deep in the playoffs even as a rookie coach.

**** recycling old coaches, you see what Kerr is doing in his young career, you see Stevens in Boston, you see Bud in ATL.

JVG is an analyst now, Mark Jackson as well.

Scott Brooks is another text book example of how important being likeable is in life. Dude was flagrantly incompetent and kept his job.

KD "likes" Brooks, Russ "likes" Brooks. KD chose to play for Rick Barnes so maybe you shouldn't listen to him when it comes to coaching. and Ross chose Ben Howland so don't listen to him either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom