The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="TomDiginson"][quote name="DarthSka"]:smh: @ Kyle being outside of your top 2

:smh: @ Scott Brooks/OKC talk dominating and then, "Hey guys. :smile: Hawks, tho."

:smh: @ this being sly-posted in the non-playoff thread

:wink:

Like, that article literally had nothing to do with anything anyone was talking about, and doesn't belong in here, anyways. :lol:[/quote]
Old news or not, we had just simply went entirely too long without Hawks Talk. He mentioned this in the playoffs thread, and no one cared because of the big news right now that's actually WORTH talking about.

That's all that was, my dude.

Carry on. Best thing is to just pay him no mind.
heh[/quote]Let it out.

Stephen A just embarrassed himself like a ************
laugh.gif
?

This, sadly, is no BS lol

http://newsok.com/article/5413018

Coach Brooks,

Scotty.

Brooksy.

I'm writing this letter today in hopes that it reaches you and you are able to receive a proper Oklahoma goodbye. You see, Coach Brooks, when you took over the helm of the Thunder in 2008, the team standing at just 1-12, we were still fairly new to being a "Big League City" and our optimism was high, even though, deep down, we knew it would take some time to get going. Together, you being a new head coach, the team, being in a new city, and us, the fans, rode out that 23-59 season and rolled up our sleeves and said, "Wait until next year."

It was 2009-2010 that really established the connection between the team and the city. I can still remember, like it was yesterday, how excited everyone was to get to 50 wins. Yet and still, the first-round playoff series against the mighty Lakers was the event that made you all part of the Oklahoma family. Fighters. Dreamers. Never say die. Accomplish what they say you can't. Get knocked down to the mat. Come back bigger and stronger next time. Refuse to let anything stand in the way of your work ethic and desire to put it all on the line for your neighbor. You and your team fought so hard during that series. We watched it. We lived it. And at the end, when there just wasn't quite enough left in the tank to overcome the obstacle, you nearly did. That tip-in by Gasol to end the series. Heartbreaking.

Yet, as we Oklahomans usually do, we watched and listened as you spoke after the game of determination and heart, about the drawn-out standing ovation that the crowd gave for the effort. The Effort!? I'm not going to try and quote you, frankly because I don't remember for sure, but, in my mind, I remember you saying how that was an experience that you and your players would never forget. How that was motivation to fight harder next year and reward the city for their support.

You made good on your word. Like a true Oklahoman usually does. I could go on and on about what established the connection, but, Coach Brooks, let me wrap this up so that you can utilize your time to find the next step on your career path.

In Oklahoma, it just doesn't feel right to not say something when someone has helped you. In Oklahoma, we still care about things like manners, opening car doors for ladies, paying for the drink the person is holding in the line behind you at 7-11.

In Oklahoma, we recognize a real Oklahoman when we see one. So, fellow Oklahoman, this is a thank you.

Thank you for going to battle for us. Thank you for helping teach those young men how to carry themselves on and off the court. Thank you for helping clean up after the tornado. Thank you for always holding your head high and speaking with class. Thank you for never making excuses. Thank you for being our coach.

When, not if, WHEN, this team reaches the summit and brings the trophy through Bricktown, you'll be just as much a part of it as anyone else. You see, Coach Brooks, once an Oklahoman, always an Oklahoman.

Best of luck, and, thanks again.

David Paulson (and at least 93.7% of the real Thunder fans out there)

Thunder Up!

Billy D to accept the OKC job EDIT: IF OFFERED

Let the KD sweepstakes begin...

Last edited:
This, sadly, is no BS lol

http://newsok.com/article/5413018

Coach Brooks,

Scotty.

Brooksy.

I'm writing this letter today in hopes that it reaches you and you are able to receive a proper Oklahoma goodbye. You see, Coach Brooks, when you took over the helm of the Thunder in 2008, the team standing at just 1-12, we were still fairly new to being a "Big League City" and our optimism was high, even though, deep down, we knew it would take some time to get going. Together, you being a new head coach, the team, being in a new city, and us, the fans, rode out that 23-59 season and rolled up our sleeves and said, "Wait until next year."

It was 2009-2010 that really established the connection between the team and the city. I can still remember, like it was yesterday, how excited everyone was to get to 50 wins. Yet and still, the first-round playoff series against the mighty Lakers was the event that made you all part of the Oklahoma family. Fighters. Dreamers. Never say die. Accomplish what they say you can't. Get knocked down to the mat. Come back bigger and stronger next time. Refuse to let anything stand in the way of your work ethic and desire to put it all on the line for your neighbor. You and your team fought so hard during that series. We watched it. We lived it. And at the end, when there just wasn't quite enough left in the tank to overcome the obstacle, you nearly did. That tip-in by Gasol to end the series. Heartbreaking.

Yet, as we Oklahomans usually do, we watched and listened as you spoke after the game of determination and heart, about the drawn-out standing ovation that the crowd gave for the effort. The Effort!? I'm not going to try and quote you, frankly because I don't remember for sure, but, in my mind, I remember you saying how that was an experience that you and your players would never forget. How that was motivation to fight harder next year and reward the city for their support.

You made good on your word. Like a true Oklahoman usually does. I could go on and on about what established the connection, but, Coach Brooks, let me wrap this up so that you can utilize your time to find the next step on your career path.

In Oklahoma, it just doesn't feel right to not say something when someone has helped you. In Oklahoma, we still care about things like manners, opening car doors for ladies, paying for the drink the person is holding in the line behind you at 7-11.

In Oklahoma, we recognize a real Oklahoman when we see one. So, fellow Oklahoman, this is a thank you.

Thank you for going to battle for us. Thank you for helping teach those young men how to carry themselves on and off the court. Thank you for helping clean up after the tornado. Thank you for always holding your head high and speaking with class. Thank you for never making excuses. Thank you for being our coach.

When, not if, WHEN, this team reaches the summit and brings the trophy through Bricktown, you'll be just as much a part of it as anyone else. You see, Coach Brooks, once an Oklahoman, always an Oklahoman.

Best of luck, and, thanks again.

David Paulson (and at least 93.7% of the real Thunder fans out there)

Thunder Up!

:wink:Thunder Up​

Chauncey Billups was a guest on first take this morning so Stephen A smith decides he wants to d ride and introduce him like they were at the palace so he goes "introducing #3 Chauncey bbbbbbbiluppsss" Chauncey than looks at him like :stoneface: and says "I didn't wear #3 thought you of all people would know that". Followed by the most awkward follow up comment ever a minute later "oh I'm bugging out the announcer would announce your height than your name and number its been a long time" it was so damn cringe worthy :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom