The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers fans - be honest - would you be happy if the team ends up signing Love and Rondo this offseason?

Nah. Id rather just save all that money until Kobe's gone. Adding Rondo and Love aint gonna do a damb thing for us. With Alpha Kobe still playing as if he's in his prime, we'll be lucky to make the playoffs in the West.

Just develop young talent like Clarkson, Randle, and whoever we get in the draft. Then spend that money once Kobe's gone. 

HELL MUTHAF***ING YES!!! :lol:

Yeah, I guess after the last two seasons that would be a pretty big upgrade. Still makes them only a borderline playoff team in the West though. Rather wait to jump in the KD or Westbrook sweepstakes.

Lakers fans - be honest - would you be happy if the team ends up signing Love and Rondo this offseason?
Towns/Russell/Mudiay/Winslow/Okafor...really that'll make my offseason. Everything else is just icing on the cake. 

Yeah, I guess after the last two seasons that would be a pretty big upgrade. Still makes them only a borderline playoff team in the West though. Rather wait to jump in the KD or Westbrook sweepstakes.
Nah we can have it all. Even though I'll want to punch Mitch in the face if he gives Love or Rondo a max deal, we're still looking at about 55 mil+ in cap room assuming we keep our top 5 pick, keep Randle, and unfortunately Bummy P. We have to rebuild the whole team, can't hinge everything on KD or Russ and we'll have the space to offer them both max deals anyway. 

HELL MUTHAF***ING YES!!! :lol:

I'm not big on the prospect on waiting for players. The Knicks tanked and managed the cap to get LeBron and D-Wade, and got neither. Get the sure things in K. Love & Rondo, two players you know wants to be there, because Russ & KD, may not be there.

Last edited:

Top 5, Randle, Clarkson, Houston pick, Kobe, Young, hopefully Black and/or Davis, and then you give us Love and Rondo? (Not sure how all that would work out) but yeah, I'd accept it.

If it cost me Randle, Clarkson or the top 5 pick, then no, absolutely no.

Top 5, Randle, Clarkson, Houston pick, Kobe, Young, hopefully Black and/or Davis, and then you give us Love and Rondo? (Not sure how all that would work out) but yeah, I'd accept it.

If it cost me Randle, Clarkson or the top 5 pick, then no, absolutely no.
There's no way possible unless they somehow free up Swaggy's salary and Rondo takes 6-7 mil and Love takes 15 or so. 

so coach k was in okc yesterday...
nerd.gif

kevin Ollie's buyout goes from 5 mill to 4 mill in june
nerd.gif

NBA getting smart.

All these companies selling bright colored socks....why not have team oriented socks? You know kids/teens are going to flock to these things.

NBA gets a massive late pass on this.

Actually, there have been bright colored NBA socks for a while. I think the first time I remember seeing them was all-star weekend 2011 (or was it 2010), when Griffin won the dunk contest. I don't know how widely they were available, but Foot Locker sold them. They weren't particularly promoted, and weren't worn in regular games, but they were out there.

NBA gets a massive late pass on this.

Actually, there have been bright colored NBA socks for a while. I think the first time I remember seeing them was all-star weekend 2011 (or was it 2010), when Griffin won the dunk contest. I don't know how widely they were available, but Foot Locker sold them. They weren't particularly promoted, and weren't worn in regular games, but they were out there.

I remember rocking all royal blue and all yellow NBA socks in the early-to-mid 2000's so they've been around since then. They had them in all colors iirc and I remember having these as well from that period
View media item 1511256

The NBA’s age minimum has created a flood of one-and-done college players. The 2015 NBA Draft will feature 14 freshmen, including lottery locks Jahlil Okafor, D’Angelo Russell and Karl-Anthony Towns.

A total of 91 players—48 players from colleges/post-graduate institutions and 43 international players—have filed as early entry candidates for the

2015 NBA Draft.

The full list of players is below:
Cliff Alexander Kansas
Justin Anderson Virginia
Brandon Ashley Arizona
Devin Booker Kentucky
Willie Cauley-Stein Kentucky
Sam Dekker Wisconsin
Michael Frazier II Florida
Olivier Hanlan Boston College
Montrezl Harrell Louisville
Aaron Harrison Kentucky
Andrew Harrison Kentucky
Tyler Harvey Eastern Washington
Jerome Hill Gardner-Webb
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson Arizona
RJ Hunter Georgia State
Vince Hunter UTEP
Charles Jackson Tennessee Tech
Dakari Johnson Kentucky
Stanley Johnson Arizona
Tyus Jones Duke
Trevor Lacey North Carolina State
Kevon Looney UCLA
Trey Lyles Kentucky
Jarell Martin LSU
Chris McCullough Syracuse
Jordan Mickey LSU
Jahlil Okafor Duke
Ashton Pankey Manhattan
Cameron Payne Murray State
Terran Petteway Nebraska
Walter Pitchford Nebraska
Bobby Portis Arkansas
Michael Qualls Arkansas
Terry Rozier Louisville
D’Angelo Russell Ohio State
Satnam Singh IMG Academy
Jherrod Stiggers Houston
Deonta Stocks West Georgia
Aaron Thomas Florida State
JP Tokoto North Carolina
Karl-Anthony Towns Kentucky
Myles Turner Texas
Robert Upshaw Washington
Rashad Vaughn UNLV
Chris Walker Florida
Justise Winslow Duke
Christian Wood UNLV

The following is the list of international players who have applied for early entry into the 2015 NBA Draft:

Alberto Abalde Joventut (Spain)
Dimitrios Agravanis Olympiacos (Greece)
Wael Arakji Al Riyadi (Lebanon)
Eleftherios Bochoridis Panathinaikos (Greece)
Beka Burjanadze Coruna (Spain)
Nedim Buza Spars Sarajevo (Bosnia)
Alexandre Chassang ASVEL (France)
George de Paula Pinheiros (Brazil)
Andrey Desyatnikov Zenit St. Petersburg (Russia)
Moussa Diagne Fuenlabrada (Spain)
Lucas Dias Silva Pinheiros (Brazil)
Ognjen Dobric FMP Beograd (Serbia)
Simone Fontecchio Granarolo (Italy)
Danilo Fuzaro Minas (Brazil)
Marc Garcia Manresa (Spain)
Humberto Gomes Pinheiros (Brazil)
Kevin Harley Poitiers (France)
Guillermo Hernangomez Sevilla (Spain)
Juan Alberto Hernangomez Estudiantes (Spain)
Mario Hezonja Barcelona (Spain)
Mouhammadou Jaiteh Nanterre (France)
Alpha Kaba Pau Orthez (France)
Vladislav Korenyuk Dnipro (Ukraine)
Dusan Kutlesic Metalac (Serbia)
Jonghyun Lee Korea University (Korea)
Timothe Luwawu Antibes (France)
Nikola Milutinov Partizan (Serbia)
Aleksej Nikolic Spars Sarajevo (Bosnia)
Cedi Osman Anadolu Efes (Turkey)
Miroslav Pasajlic Uzice (Serbia)
Anzejs Pasecniks VEF Riga (Latvia)
Oriol Pauli Gran Canaria (Spain)
Kristaps Porzingis Sevilla (Spain)
Nikola Radicevic Sevilla (Spain)
Djoko Salic Spars Sarajevo (Bosnia)
Marko Tejic Crvena Zvezda (Serbia)
Juan Pablo Vaulet Bahia Basket (Argentina)
Aleksandar Vezenkov Aris (Greece)
Adin Vrabac Trier (Germany)
Rade Zagorac Mega Leks (Serbia)
Sergiy Zagreba Dnipro (Ukraine)
Alexandr Zhigulin Penas Huesca (Spain)
Paul Zipser Bayern Munich (Germany)

Back in like '03 or '04 some teams wore colored socks in the playoffs. I remember the Nets had red socks, the Pacers had yellow ones I think, etc. I can't find pics though.

Sock talk is missing the point.

If the NBA made a team specific type of elite looking sock for home/road/and alternates, that would be some serious cash.

Sources: Billy Donovan in advanced contract talks to become OKC coach. He is expected to take the job. Apparently has notified Foley.

Last edited:

Sources: Billy Donovan in advanced contract talks to become OKC coach. He is expected to take the job. Apparently has notified Foley.

Would've prefered to see Ollie in that spot but Donnovan is a fine coach and I think he can help take OKC deep into the playoffs next year....

I flat out can't wait to see Kevin Durant 100% healthy again. I feel bad for him missing the playoffs here in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom