The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lebron or Durant don't win MVP, who will?
if only randle didnt get hurt 
mean.gif

Outside of Phil, what coach has gameplanned a successful roster that contains a volume shooter?

Not saying the problem might be the coach.

Just asking a question. If it's not the coach, then what are some other coaches who have successfully implemented a game plan for a roster that includes 1 guy dominating the teams' shots?

So hard to keep up with this thread. Hope the rockets beat the Spurs and warriors so I can see what everyone has to say then :smile:

i can find more stats later but just from a quick search 

2010 playoffs kobe averaged 22.2 shots per game

2012 playoffs lebron averaged 21.8 shots per game

2011 playoffs dirk averaged 19.8 shots per game

Our next options are Lin and Boozer, yet we expect Kobe to shoot less? Nah

If anything, it's the type of shots he's taking over the amount. People always **** talked Kobe when he was down, so it's all good.

Kobe Bryant may be averaging 27.6 PPG, but he's putting up historical numbers when it comes to missed shots. MORE: http://t.co/WOK9EVNtx6
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 5, 2014

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
It's going to get worse, just watch. Turnovers are going to start to pile up as well, due to teammates not looking, when they are open.

It's not my fault if they are not ready for the pass.

It's as if the Lakers brass has cleared the deck, so this guy can make a fool of himself this season.

good news rocket and heat fans, you are pretty much a lock to make the finals

[h5]  [/h5]
Magic Johnson

5 mins  · 

I went to the Heat/Rockets game last night and both teams are legitimate championship contenders.

Dudes are bashing a guy in his 19th year... on one of the worst teams in the League... who just came off of two missed seasons and is still putting up elite scoring numbers.... for what exactly?

Would you rather him not shoot the ball & watch as Lin turns the rock over... Kobe is in L.A at this point to shoot & shoot A LOT, because this team literally has no other real options right now. It would've been easy for him to say he was taking a pay cut and go join another team to win. Instead he took his money and made the LAKERS about 10x that amount by staying there.

I just don't get the enigma of people constantly bringing up how much Kobe shoots... as if it's lead to failure... when in reality he has always played the same kind of ball and has won more than most have in league history? so once again what's the problem?....

The only interesting thing about this season for the Lakers will be seeing if Kobe can break his own record for usage rate in a season. Looking good so far.

Dudes are bashing a guy in his 19th year... on one of the worst teams in the League... who just came off of two missed seasons and is still putting up elite scoring numbers.... for what exactly?

Would you rather him not shoot the ball & watch as Lin turns the rock over... Kobe is in L.A at this point to shoot & shoot A LOT, because this team literally has no other real options right now. It would've been easy for him to say he was taking a pay cut and go join another team to win. Instead he took his money and made the LAKERS about 10x that amount by staying there.

I just don't get the enigma of people constantly bringing up how much Kobe shoots... as if it's lead to failure... when in reality he has always played the same kind of ball and has won more than most have in league history? so once again what's the problem?....
hahahahaha.

The team is only this bad, due to the player in question not knowing how to lead a team, period. He does not have a great history of being a team leader, nor a team glue and unity guy. You don't get guys on your side by glaring at them during time outs, then throwing temper tantrums in the locker room. If you want people to play with you and then at your level, shooting as if they cannot play isn't going to lead to much confidence building.

hahahahaha.

The team is only this bad, due to the player in question not knowing how to lead a team, period. He does not have a great history of being a team leader, nor a team glue and unity guy. You don't get guys on your side by glaring at them during time outs, then throwing temper tantrums in the locker room. If you want people to play with you and then at your level, shooting as if they cannot play isn't going to lead to much confidence building.
Who could lead this Boozer & Lin?

hahahahaha.

The team is only this bad, due to the player in question not knowing how to lead a team, period.

:rofl: :rofl:

Kobe's play has been selfish and ridiculous. But it is not the only thing holding a team that starts Carlos Boozer, Wes Johnson, and a passive Jeremy Lin back from anything significant.

Enjoy Kobe's career winding down like this if you want, but don't make it out to be more than it is.

@MagicJohnson: I know the Lakers are 0-5, but they are playing exciting basketball and Kobe is worth the price of admission.
Magic slandered MDA nonstop last year but he thinks shooting tons of long twos on offense and fouling at the highest rate in the league on defense is exciting basketball.
laugh.gif

@MagicJohnson: I went to the Heat/Rockets game last night and both teams are legitimate championship contenders.
Annnd he thinks Miami is a championship contender.
laugh.gif

@MagicJohnson: Kobe should also be in the early MVP talks with LeBron, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Anthony Davis, Carmelo, Curry, Thompson and Rose.
Someone take Magic's phone away.

hahahahaha.

You meannnnnn how he wasn't a pivotal player and leader in 5 championship squads.... how his "glaring" & "tantrums" stopped his team from winning all these years.. I understand ya'll dislike Kobe.. cool but i can't be the only one who notices how stupid it is to say someone with one of the highest winning percentages in league history (all while being a MAJOR option) doesn't play team basketball. Ya'll claim up & down how Kobe hurts the team, yet records show otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom