The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
J Lin hasn't "done his thing ala NY" since he left NY that initial magical week happened. If he had, Houston NY would have never let him go.
They let him go to clear up cap space. 

No.

They didn't match Houston's offer because it was backloaded and the third year went up by 5 million.

But even if it was the case, the key to the Lakers being successful is a guy that was let go of after having a career season? The same guy was then traded by the team that picked him up after having a career season. This is the key to lakers success?

Last edited:
Kobe got 2 years left, no more. He doesn't care about building anything, he knows he's not winning anything, he doesn't care about the future. He will ball out, get his last remaining achievement, and bounce.

Last edited:
the key to the lakers success is byron scott and his ability to coach his way into as many ping pong balls as possible 

i have 100% faith in him 
pimp.gif

If they, the other players, do not matter, then I hope that they figure out than fans such as yourself only want to see Kobe shoot the ball.

I'd love to see them simply run to the opposite side of the court when Bryant has the ball, then stand and watch with their arms folded.

Do you think that Kobe would get the message then?

Seeing his expressions last night, it seems Kobe got the message that his teammates suck and the season's already a wash. So I'm sure he could care less if his teammates pulled some career suicide like this :lol:

Last edited:
No.

They didn't match Houston's offer because it was backloaded and the third year went up by 5 million.

But even if it was the case, the key to the Lakers being successful is a guy that was let go of after having a career season? The same guy was then traded by the team that picked him up after having a career season. This is the key to lakers success?
Wrong.
Lin is estimated to be due nearly $15 million next season, but only $8 million count against the salary cap because of the way his contract was structured. The Rockets needed all the salary cap help they could get, while the Lakers had plenty of room to spare.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ockets-los-angeles-lakers-cap-space/12563435/

If not LeBron or Durant, my short list:

BG32 (although his votes might get split with Paul)
Harden
AD (not making the playoffs will hurt)

Kobe got 2 years left, no more. He doesn't care about building anything, he knows he's not winning anything, he doesn't care about the future. He will ball out, get his last remaining achievement, and bounce.
Kobe's signing another contract breh. Specially if we get this top 5 pick.

Seeing his expressions last night, it seems Kobe got the message that his teammates suck and the season's already a wash. So I'm sure he could care less if his teammates pulled some career suicide like this
laugh.gif
Some would consider it an act of bravery against one of the most selfish players, the league has ever seen. If such an act can make Kobe play team ball, something that even Phil Jackson had a rough time teaching, many would say that it would be a major accomplishment.

I mean, let's be real here, free agents didn't sign up there for SOME reason, even though the Lakers had cap space, and Hollywood to offer.

Last edited:
people have come up with some crazy stuff to hate on kobe and lebron but trying to defend jeremy lin takes the cake 
roll.gif

not even the rockets fans on here that hate the lakers/kobe will go that far, they understand the struggle that is lin 

Yesterday, Lin had 18 points on 8 shots and only 2 TOs. Kobe had almost 5 times as many shots and more TOs. If you want to point to a handful of bad plays for Lin as a reason to stop passing to him - Kobe had 10 times as many bad plays. But we all know he's okay with going 0-30 but doesn't trust his teammates the same way.

Seeing his expressions last night, it seems Kobe got the message that his teammates suck and the season's already a wash. So I'm sure he could care less if his teammates pulled some career suicide like this :lol:
Some would consider it an act of bravery against one of the most selfish players, the league has ever seen. If such an act can make Kobe play team ball, something that even Phil Jackson had a rough time teaching, many would say that it would be a major accomplishment.

I mean, let's be real here, free agents didn't sign up there SOME reason, even though the Lakers had cap space, and Hollywood to offer.

we get it the lakers suck , you dont like kobe & you finally have a chance to let all the hate/***** out but chill

No.

i was talking about NY tho....
In my initial comment, the one you responded to, I thought you were was talking about Houston letting him go.

My bad.

The Knicks situation, Lin was hurt when he signed that deal. Dolan, a serious miser, didn't want to pay him. That was not a basketball decision.

Yesterday, Lin had 18 points on 8 shots and only 2 TOs. Kobe had almost 5 times as many shots and more TOs. If you want to point to a handful of bad plays for Lin as a reason to stop passing to him - Kobe had 10 times as many bad plays. But we all know he's okay with going 0-30 but doesn't trust his teammates the same way.
i dont care, watching lin is the basketball version of this:

we get it the lakers suck , you dont like kobe & you finally have a chance to let all the hate/***** out but chill
I think that people have always had reason to criticize him. As soon as he entered the league, he began to rub many people, both players and fans, the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom