The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the summer, some people here thought Parsons would be a 20 PPG scorer this season
laugh.gif
You act like it was an outlandish expectation. It wasn't just some people, most thought this

ZBO vs Griffin today :nerd:

I expect that match-up to pretty much be a wash like usual, but I think Marc is going to kill DJ. So, in order for us to have a chance,Ln CP is going to have to outplay Cnnelky and someone else like Crawford or Reddick is going to have to have aa really big gamee

Parsons is averaging 14 so far, while working himself in with a new team. Also, the Mavs had several huge blow out wins in which I'm sure he played less than normal minutes. I'm sure he's going be at close to 20 as the season progresses.

I will say Parsons has been a letdown, obviously. But yeah don't laugh at a 20 point expectation, it's attainable and he has no excuse not to average that production. He should walk into a 20 5 5 season easy

Not sure why Parsons production should dramatically change from his Rocket days. He's the 3rd option on a team that really spreads the ball around. 20 was a reasonable expectation but probably not going to happen. His role shouldn't really be different from his Rocket days. 3rd ball handler, spot up shooting, transition stuff and attacking close outs. With Monta and Dirk, they don't really need him to do much more.

silly *** Houston fans booing Parsons like he chose to leave lol... yall front office tried to play him

LOL

He tried to play HOU front office and lost. They seemed to have upgraded anyway and for half the cost.

we wanted to sign bosh, then match parsons so we could keep both. He got hurt because we went after bosh first, which we had to do if we wanted both. Funny how he didn't mention how Houston let him out of his deal early because of the deal his agent struck to get Dwight here. Houston didn't play parsons. We wanted to keep him, but weren't signing him to max money. He said the Mavericks valued him as a franchise player and he's doing the same numbers he did last year, still being a 3rd option if not worse.

you mustve forgot that he had a deal from dallas that he couldnt wait on (the bosh decision). dan fegan and parsons landed them dwight. oh, and they also entertained melo, so why should he wait if he wasn't their priority? i always take the side of players, cause these teams aint loyal

Last edited:
They wanted parsons to wait on bosh while bosh waited on james

The only reason they entertained bosh and melo was because they could afford to sign them then resign parsons. They couldn't sign parsons first then go get bosh or melo because of the salary cap rules. Don't spin this into "he wasn't a priority" because that isn't the case. Once bosh went back to Miami, there was zero reason to sign parsons to that deal. You'd essentially be saying we have a team of Howard harden and parsons and only them. The same team that just got bounced in the first round minus Lin and Asik. Let's roll with that team for 3 more years. We won't have any flexibility to add to that. Daryl opted to have flexibility to add a real 3rd star. We got our flexibility and made our team defense better, he got max money and is "valued as a franchise player". Both sides moving on.

Houston could have had Parsons on his final year of his rookie deal this year if they didn't decline his option. They did it so he wouldn't be an unrestricted free agent the following summer. However, Dallas offered him a redicious contract to make it tough for them to sign both bosh and parsons. Houston were only going to re-sign parsons, if they landed bosh. Because they wouldn't mind overpaying for persons, since they believed they would be too close to a ring to not to.

During the summer, some people here thought Parsons would be a 20 PPG scorer this season :lol:

You act like it was an outlandish expectation. It wasn't just some people, most thought this

It was outlandish

20 NBA players scored at least 20 PPG last season all those guys are dynamic wings who can create their own shot or posts. Parsons is neither one of those. The only player who isn't that type of player who was close to scoring 20 PPG was Ryan Andersen and he's an elite stretch four who was the 2nd option.

It was known that Parsons was going to be the 3rd option, 3rd options rarely score over 20 PPG in the NBA.

The only reason they entertained bosh and melo was because they could afford to sign them then resign parsons. They couldn't sign parsons first then go get bosh or melo because of the salary cap rules. Don't spin this into "he wasn't a priority" because that isn't the case. Once bosh went back to Miami, there was zero reason to sign parsons to that deal. You'd essentially be saying we have a team of Howard harden and parsons and only them. The same team that just got bounced in the first round minus Lin and Asik. Let's roll with that team for 3 more years. We won't have any flexibility to add to that. Daryl opted to have flexibility to add a real 3rd star. We got our flexibility and made our team defense better, he got max money and is "valued as a franchise player". Both sides moving on.

in the end morey gambled on bosh and lost. only thing that saved him was trevor ariza bc i dont even know who else was left if houston struck out on him as well.

It was outlandish

20 NBA players scored at least 20 PPG last season all those guys are dynamic wings who can create their own shot or posts. Parsons is neither one of those. The only player who isn't that type of player who was close to scoring 20 PPG was Ryan Andersen and he's an elite stretch four who was the 2nd option.

It was known that Parsons was going to be the 3rd option, 3rd options rarely score over 20 PPG in the NBA.
Because he is a 3rd option 20 ppg is tough.

If Parsons were on Utah he would have a much easier time to get to 20 much like Hayward

He has the skills and ability to get that number 

Last edited:
It was outlandish

Because he is a 3rd option 20 ppg is tough.

If Parsons were on Utah he would have a much easier time to get to 20 much like Hayward

He has the skills and ability to get that number 

I think Hayward is better than Parsons, he's more athletic and can constantly create his own shot

Chandler Parsons may be able average 20 PPG on a bad team but I'm not even sure about that

I think Parsons is more comparable to a Draymond Green than a Gordon Hayward

Last edited:
I think Hayward is better than Parsons, he's more athletic and can constantly create his own shot

Chandler Parsons may be able average 20 PPG on a bad team but I'm not even sure about that

Draymond Green? The hell did that comparison come from 

Hayward definitely showing he's ahead of Parsons at this stage but that's not the point

Draymond Green? The hell did that comparison come from 

Hayward definitely showing he's ahead of Parsons at this stage but that's not the point

like a utility type guy who can do a little of everything. i wouldve said batum bc of size and length. ya acting like draymond isnt the goods.
i agree, hayward is a special player

like a utility type guy who can do a little of everything. i wouldve said batum bc of size and length. ya acting like draymond isnt the goods.
i agree, hayward is a special player
No I wasn't acting like Draymond Green isn't a good player in his own role

Don't be defensive lol, you reading into things

Parsons is much more likely to average 20 points than Green. They are both utility players but they play completely different styles. That doesn't mean Green isn't valuable or anything, I really like Green as a glue guy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom