The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
people knock MCW bc of his shooting pct, thing is he will get better in that area. you cant teach 6'6 with court vision and great anticipation on D.

6'6 legit pgs dont come around too often, his decision making and shooting will get better. they will be dummies to get rid of him, but then again it is the 6ers and nobody knowns what they are doing there.
What have we seen to think his decision making and shooting will improve to that level? He's still a terrible shooter.Clips biggest problem is awful wing defenders right now. Trotting out Redick, Barnes and Crawford for those minutes puts them at a big disadvantage. DAJ also hurts them in terms of spacing, but they need his rim protection even more with the awful wing defenders.

It's not that it's tougher to win with a PG as your best player. It's tougher to win with a sub 6 foot guy as your best player. Bron and Wade have essentially served as PGs for teams and they didn't struggle.

It's not that it's tougher to win with a PG as your best player. It's tougher to win with a sub 6 foot guy as your best player. Bron and Wade have essentially served as PGs for teams and they didn't struggle.
Splitting hairs is your thing eh 
laugh.gif

Please don't compare what Miami had to what the Clippers have. They served in completely different roles than what Paul has to do

Last edited:
 love that cp pic ...looks like a little sad mouse wearing a leather jacket.....

clippers will never win anything with this core..... I have better luck of hitting big on one these scratchers im playing.

don't get why everyone has a hardon  for cp . fools gold...........

Last edited:

Splitting hairs is your thing eh 
laugh.gif

Please don't compare what Miami had to what the Clippers have. They served in completely different roles than what Paul has to do
I mean, it has less to do with Paul being a PG is my point. It's exactly what Zach Lowe discussed. His size prevents him from affecting the game as much as other guys.

Chris Paul teams since 2005-06 have improved better in crunch time than every team other than the Spurs.

Team Off. Eff. Def. Eff. +/- per 48
San Antonio 107.2 100.8 +5.9
New Orleans 107.8 102.9 +4.5
Boston Celtics 106.4 101.9 +4.3
Utah 107.2 103.8 +4.3
Orlando 107.5 102.2 +4.1

Biggest difference, winning percentage in close games vs. other games, since 2005-06
New Orleans 80 44 .645 .546 +.099
Portland 78 57 .578 .489 +.089
New York 61 76 .445 .359 +.086
New Jersey 59 62 .488 .402 +.085
Sacramento 61 74 .452 .369 +.083
Milwaukee 70 74 .486 .420 +.066

CP is more than consistent in crunch time.

Never said he wasn't. He delivers way more often than not. (Unfortunately, game 5 of the playoffs against OKC was a pretty bad time for him to not deliver). All I'm saying that is that I'd be a lot more confident of our teams chances to compete if the burden of delivering in the clutch wasn't always squarely on his shoulders.

This isn't the draft.

Chris Paul finishes at the rim better than MANY MANY players taller than him. and generates clean looks for himself despite his height.

It may matter when he gets older, but its not effecting him now.

and like I said it's the NBA the amount of player 6-2 and shorter who have been as good as chris Paul is tiny.

the list of players 6-2 and shorter with a 24> PER in a single year

Chris Paul
Steph Curry
Allen Iverson
Jerry West
Nater Archibald.

5 guys.:lol:

Saying that becuase some percentage of this tiny group of players didn't win is ridiculous sample size to draw conclusions about.

love that cp pic ...looks like a little sad mouse wearing a leather jacket.....
clippers will never win anything with this core..... I have better luck of hitting big on one these scratchers im playing.

don't get why everyone has a hardon  for cp . fools gold...........

Strong SN to post ratio here. Don't let me catch you complaining about "basketball reasons"....

For one, offensively it has more to do with Doc trusting Blake to be that guy. More often than not, Doc trust CP and Jamal Crawford to make the plays and that is simply frustrating. I believe Blake and this team can take that step in the postseason this year, but Blake's ascent under 5 minutes will make the difference. I've seen the clips too many times just flounder under pressure with poor sets when it matters most and the results are long contested jumpshots by Jamal and Chris Paul

I do agree that defense with this team is a huge issue though, especially on the wings. To be fair though, The Clips were really good defensively last year and as a result were a hair away from making the West coast finals. No team is complete, but Blake's ascent will help alleviate some of the offensive pressure they have down the stretch. Higher percentage shots, better action, will invariably have an effect on how they defend when it matters.

Strong SN to post ratio here. Don't let me catch you complaining about "basketball reasons"....
ive never complained about basketball reason. ive never liked cp3 much at all...I was a dwill fan when those 2 first came in. ...

Last edited:
Dog, don't even entertain people acting like clowns
For one, offensively it has more to do with Doc trusting Blake to be that guy. More often than not, Doc trust CP and Jamal Crawford to make the plays and that is simply frustrating. I believe Blake and this team can take that step in the postseason this year, but Blake's ascent under 5 minutes will make the difference. I've seen the clips too many times just flounder under pressure with poor sets when it matters most and the results are long contested jumpshots by Jamal and Chris Paul

I do agree that defense with this team is a huge issue though, especially on the wings. To be fair though, The Clips were really good defensively last year and as a result were a hair away from making the West coast finals. No team is complete, but Blake's ascent will help alleviate some of the offensive pressure they have down the stretch. Higher percentage shots, better action, will invariably have an effect on how they defend when it matters.
So basically, Blake needs to evolve and improve his post game 
laugh.gif
 which will mask their other deficiencies 

Clippers were much better defensively last year, IDK what happened this year but they look completely different on both ends of the floor

Last edited:
And for the record, I have come to hate the term "fools gold." I'd be perfectly ok if I never saw it again. What makes the Clippers more "fools gold" than any other talented team that doesn't win the championship?

And for the record, I have come to hate the term "fools gold." I'd be perfectly ok if I never saw it again. What makes the Clippers more "fools gold" than any other talented team that doesn't win the championship?

overperforms during the reg season flames out in the off's

bulls of the west basically

Bruh that lakers30000 guy is horrible. Provides no real substance when actual basketball is being discussed. He's horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom